Pokémon Tredecim

Sarun

(Under Construction)

Intro

After planning and planning, I’ve finally decided to start working on my own fan-game. Ideally I wanted to create a game in the line of Rejuvenation or Reborn, where rather than the typical badge plot we’d get a more complex storyline along with difficult battles. Though this game will also be closer to the main series in some aspects, such as depending on encounters rather than events to catch Pokémon. I also will be implementing more custom content to help players further specialize their Pokémon and in general shaking up the gameplay.

Story

Tredecim, a massive and diverse super-region that is home to a wide variety of fauna and flora. Alas, this land has remained in disarray and periodic warfare and political conflict ever since the end of Emperor Melchizedek III’s reign several millennia ago. The current era has been marred by constant wars between the aggressive and expansionist Republic of Pandaemonium and the loose coalition of states known as the Liberty Confederation, yet in this day forty years ago, an uneasy peace has been struck between the two nations. Unfortunately, with the reemergence of ancient doomsday weapons and the discovery of a powerful mineral known as Thetacite, this uneasy peace may soon come to an end.

The Tredecim region is also known home to its famous Tripartite League. Rather than having a single league system akin to other regions, Tredecim has adopted a three-tiered system where three championships are held, and in order to participate in the higher tiered ones a trainer must first defeat the champion of the lower tier league. The Tredecim league is known for having merciless and skilled Gym Leaders who do not hold back ever for the meekest challengers. Despite being located in a politically unstable region, the League itself is an impartial organization albeit some of its members hold high offices within their respective states.

This is where our story begins. Orphaned at a young age, you have lived with your younger sister, Rita, and your older brother, Saul. That is, until Saul’s untimely demise at the hands of Ouroboros, Pandaemonium’s infamous paramilitary organization responsible for politically-motivated kidnappings, assassinations, and terrorism. Now you have decided to take on the Tripartite League in order to make a name for yourself, however that is until the winds of fate abruptly stopped your stillborn journey, and sent you into a maelstrom of complex gambits, Byzantine politics, ancient conspiracies, and the like. This is where the opening chapter of the tale of Tredecim begins.

Features

· Challenging storyline-related and other important battle. Mostly focused on enemy trainers having six Pokémon all with good sets and levels matching up to the player rather than fake difficulty.

· A story-driven game with fleshed out characters that develop throughout the storyline. This includes a plot full of twists, turns, suspense, and intrigue.

· Several sub-regions including many optional side-areas to explore with side-quests to do.

· Unique and new sprites and overworlds for every major storyline character. Barring for generic NPCs, no sprites will be recycled.

· Fakemon evolutions that branch off from the original 721 Pokémon, allowing many of the weaker and less used Pokémon to gain greater strength to put them on pair with the commonly used ones late-game.

· Custom in-battle hold items. Further expand your strategy than the typical Life Orb and Leftovers spam.

· Custom late-game content. This includes new moves, new evolutions, new items, and much more to keep the Lv 100+ areas interesting and fresh.

· A simplified HM system that allows the player to use HM moves even if the Pokémon is in the storage box.

· Reworked Mega Evolution. In order to compete with many of the new end-game Fakemon along with the new items, many Megas were reworked to completely new Pokémon with altered BSTs to keep the balance in-line.

· Different evolution methods. All the trade evolutions were completely reworked and some of the stronger Pokémon now require side-quests to be done in order for them to evolve.

Screenshots

35ji9sh.png

QA

Q: Will there be any Fakemon?

A: Yes, but only evolutions from original mons, nothing else.

Q: When is the first demo going to go out?

A: Q4 2016

Q: How do I evolve a certain Pokémon?

A: Try reading around. Many NPCs give hints on evolving certain mons.

(More to be Added)

Credits

(Section under construction)

• 4 months later...

So far I have to say that development is coming along smoothly. A few things here:

1) I've decided to postpone the public release date for mid-2017. The reason here is that by the time the game's out I would like to fully implement Gen 7 mons as I'd rather just nip this in the bud and get over with these mons before having to shift too much data around when they get implemented. 

2) I'll need some beta testers to search for bugs and just do a general playtest of the current game. Basically, their duty is to see if there are any fatal bugs, if the plot flows smoothly, and to check if the level curve and general balance is reasonable and whatnot. The only requirements for tester position here is a NDA (don't be twatwaffle and spoil the game for others), and I'd favor people who are skilled battlers and enjoy exploring and focusing on the storyline.

3) @YoshiofRedemption's question. So far the level cap is TBD. As I've said above, the level curve is still being fine-tuned so I'll likely cap it at the finale, with some wiggle room of course.

4) From time to time I'll be posting snippets of in-game lore along with pics in spoiler tags. If you're interested in plot teasers, then these are your thing. If you wish to go into the game fully blind, then avoid them.

Tredecim Lore I: The Dreadful Twelve

Spoiler

OuroborosStar.png

Not much is known about the secretive paramilitary organization of Pandaemonium that is called Ouroboros apart from rumor and hearsay, yet what we do know is that  near the top of its chain of command lies twelve executives, feared as much as awed, who often are seen directing and overseeing the organization's work. These twelve agents are colloquially known as the Dreadful Twelve and are infamous for their cruelty, determination, and skill in battling, which has been said that even rivals that of Tredecim's Gym Leaders. Often raised in the youth branch of Ouroboros since a young age and enhanced by Thetacite Infusion, these executives are the forefront of the organizations' expeditions and have significant political power over the Republic of Pandaemonium, almost to the level of the Republic National Party, the totalitarian party which rules Pandaemonium with an iron fist. 

Edited by Sarun

• 1 month later...