[OU RMT] Drag Me Down

Drag Me Down
RMT: by Reignited'Light

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwgf3wmiA04

Hey everyone! I haven't done an RMT in a long time, and with ORAS slowly coming to an end with the release of Sun and Moon, I thought I should post one of my best ORAS teams that I've built. I've been laddering with the team, too. So, let's get right on it!

Preview of team:

alakazam-mega.pnglandorus-therian.pngkeldeo.pngbisharp.pngklefki.pnglatios.png

• Mega Alakazam is a fantastic revenge killer and doesn't often need to setup to win.
  • Lando-T so I can have something that is a ground check+SR user+talon check.
  • Keldeo is on the team so I have a reliable Bisharp/Weavile check, as well as something to handle Sableye with.
  • Bisharp for late game sweeper, as well as another Sableye check.
  • Klefki supports the team from being dunked by Draco Meteor's, particularly from Latios.
  • Latios is my stallbreaker and primary Scald switchin.

Ladder rank:

9CDg8D1.png

Team in detail:

alakazam-mega.png

drag me down (Alakazam-Mega) (M) @ Alakazite

Ability: Magic Guard

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe

- Psychic

- Shadow Ball

- Focus Blast

- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mega Alakazam is so good. With fantastic speed and Trace, it makes for a fantastic revenge killer and offense destroyer. Psychic / Shadow Ball / Focus Blast, are moves that I absolutely need for revenge killing purposes and great coverage. The last slot, I experimented with this for a bit, from fantastic support moves like Taunt and Encore, to other offensive moves that hits dark types reliably(Focus Blast isn't always reliable) like Dazzling Gleam and Signal Beam. However, I've decided to go for Hidden Power Fire. It catches Mega and regular Scizor off guard, thinking they are able to switch in safely to tank one of my other coverage moves, them they get smacked by Hidden Power Fire and they faint. This move also hits Ferrothorn for massive damage.

landorus-therian.png

fire for a heart (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Intimidate

EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge

- Swords Dance

Lando-T is really great on this team. It checks Talonflame and other Lando-t thanks to Swords Dance, as well as checking Excadrill, which Mold Breaker Excadrill can just click Earthquake, otherwise. Swords Dance helps breaks stuff like Sableye-Mega if I need it to, just in case they're predicting SR, while I hit them with a powered up Earthquake!

keldeo.png

river for a soul (Keldeo) @ Coba Berry

Ability: Justified

EVs: 16 Def / 240 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Rest

- Scald

- Secret Sword

- Sleep Talk

Weavile / Scizor / Bisharp check. What's really nice about this Keldeo is that it can 'lure' Talonflame and Mega Pinsir, in the sense that, I can tank whatever flying move they throw at me, then retaliate with a Scald. Scald doesn't kill Mega Pinsir, but it does beat Talonflame. Coba Berry has saved me tons of times.

bisharp.png

shell of a man (Bisharp) (M) @ Lum Berry

Ability: Defiant

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Swords Dance

- Knock Off

- Iron Head

- Sucker Punch

Late game sweeper. Nothing much to it. This pokemon is skill-less as it can get. Literally just click Swords Dance or click Knock Off vs setup sweepers so no 50/50 shenanigans happen. Of course, it all depends on the situation, but I'd never play safe with Bisharp cause I find that too predictable, but again, it depends on the situation.

klefki.png

all these lights (Klefki) @ Leftovers

Ability: Prankster

EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe

Calm Nature

- Spikes

- Thunder Wave

- Fairy Lock

- Flash Cannon

One of the best partners for Mega Alakazam. Thunder Wave support as well as Spikes spam leads to success for Alakazam to sweep teams. Also my Fairy check, beating Diancie and Gardevoir. Fairy Lock traps tons of stuff like Mega Diancie (if I lead with Klefki as they lead Diancie trying to get off a Protect...) and Starmie.
latios.png
with your love (Latios) @ Life Orb

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Draco Meteor

- Psyshock

- Calm Mind

- Roost

Stallbreaker for the team and the Keldeo and Scald switchin. Calm Mind is mandatory, otherwise I have zero ways to break down full stall. It's also nice to setup on Keldeo or Calm Mind Manaphy. It can sorta take on Assault Vest Tornadus-T as well as Mega Venusaur and Suicune.

Threats:
302-m.png- If Calm Mind, go Bisharp and Swords Dance, then follow with Iron Head spam or fish with burn on Keldeo. Latios might be able to win against it, too. If Utility Knock Off/Foul Play, again, fish for burn with Keldeo's Scald. Bisharp can sorta deal with it, but not vs Foul Play variants.

227.png+445.png- SkarmChomp balance is probably the most annoying thing for this team. Keldeo should annoy them+hazard spam. Bisharp can then sweep up later.

642.png- Thunder Wave Thundurus is very annoying. Only Alakazam and Latios really check it. If it's Defiant set, it's a bit easier, although if I get lured, I might lose something in the process. For Defiant Thundurus, Alakazam / Klefki / Bisharp, can check it.

308-m.png- No switchins to this thing. Chip its health with Lando-T Rocky Helmet+Hazards. Latios/Bisharp/Alakazam can revenge kill it, too.

310-m.png- Hard to switchin against this thing, but if Alakazam is already Mega'd, it beats it. Latios also wins. Bisharp can win if I switch in vs Intimidate. This can be played around.

530.png- If it's defensive Excadrill, it'll be much more of a challenge to beat, since I can't just drop Draco Meteor's with Latios vs if it was a Choice Scarf variant. Choice Scarf variants are much more easier to break. However if Lando-T is too low or it's dead, the team will have a hard time.

Hax- Missing Focus Blasts/Draco Meteors costed me so much games. Stone Edge misses are also annoying. Luck happens at the most unfortunate times.

Importable:

drag me down (Alakazam-Mega) (M) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

fire for a heart (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

river for a soul (Keldeo) @ Coba Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 16 Def / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rest
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Sleep Talk

shell of a man (Bisharp) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

all these lights (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Fairy Lock
- Flash Cannon

with your love (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Huge shoutout to Kamina for testing this team with me!

Having experience with this team, it is pretty well made. I really like the coba berry keldeo because not only does it act like a lure as you said, but it can also fake being scarfed. Overall, this team uses a lot of unique sets and can catch many people off guard if used correctly and nice job on your peak!

Overall this looks like an amazing team, and features certain sets I've never seen before, like the Keldeo one, and the Klefki (if I hadn't seen you use it in Nations already). Before getting into the team, how come you chose Alakazam as your mega? Usually regular LO Zam has about the same damage output as the Mega (even if the mega is nearly unstoppable at times).

I just have a question. Since you run SD on your Lando-T why not have it carry Rock Slide instead of Stone Edge to be more reliable? I understand that some levitate users like Latios don't get as much damage, but you have better checks to them anyway.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, YES.

I should have used that team when you passed me to it but alas. This looks like a really solid build, the oras meta really sends lots of offensive teams that want to check threats a little bit better to run Keld for darks, Latios for Keld and Lando (or Chomp) for physical attackers, but your sets pretty much make these pretty prepared for mons more unpredictable.

How is Fairy Lock to be used for Klefki? I'm not sure about that move at all, and you could replace it with either Dazzling Gleam to hit twice and kill weakened Mega Sableyes and set Spikes on stall a little easier, or Heal Block to stop weakened walls from recovering, if they think they can exploit Klefki's passiveness. I can see it trapping and killing Diancie... but the Starmie is just gonna fire Analytic-boosted Hydros in its face (or be the ugly set and try to burn you and then spam spin)

I thought that max Def Unaware CM Clef would be a problem, but then I realized that Zam traces Unaware and 2hkos like a sir. Whoops.

Also a gimmicky alt to Stone Miss is Smack Down, which lets you spam EQ more freely. Killing something in 2 turns tho instead of three definately has its merrits.

Also for the love of god undo these spoiler tags and let your work shine!

Having experience with this team, it is pretty well made. I really like the coba berry keldeo because not only does it act like a lure as you said, but it can also fake being scarfed. Overall, this team uses a lot of unique sets and can catch many people off guard if used correctly and nice job on your peak!

Thanks! Yeah, you can bluff a specs or scarf set, which can change how the opponent plays.

Overall this looks like an amazing team, and features certain sets I've never seen before, like the Keldeo one, and the Klefki (if I hadn't seen you use it in Nations already). Before getting into the team, how come you chose Alakazam as your mega? Usually regular LO Zam has about the same damage output as the Mega (even if the mega is nearly unstoppable at times).

I just have a question. Since you run SD on your Lando-T why not have it carry Rock Slide instead of Stone Edge to be more reliable? I understand that some levitate users like Latios don't get as much damage, but you have better checks to them anyway.

I chose Mega Alakazam because of its high speed tier. Only loses to pokemon who reaches 293 speed and has either a Choice Scarf or +1 speed boost in some form, like Dragon Dance. Speed ties with other Mega Alakazam (which I don't rely on, I just go Klefki or take a hit with Latios, probably Bisharp plays too). Mega Aerodactyl also speed ties with it, but not like I'm staying in, unless I know it's the Pursuit set and can kill it first.

I chose Stone Edge as my default move just so I can always OHKO AV Torn-T after Stealth Rock damage. Rock Slide can't. Not like Torn-T is a problem for this team, but it can be annoying just by using knock off and u-turning whenever it wants. I see the uses of Rock Slide, though, like the accuracy won't mess me up against setup sweepers that might win the game if I miss, like, Lum Berry Volcarona or Swords Dance Talonflame, if I'm extremely unlucky.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, YES.

I should have used that team when you passed me to it but alas. This looks like a really solid build, the oras meta really sends lots of offensive teams that want to check threats a little bit better to run Keld for darks, Latios for Keld and Lando (or Chomp) for physical attackers, but your sets pretty much make these pretty prepared for mons more unpredictable.

How is Fairy Lock to be used for Klefki? I'm not sure about that move at all, and you could replace it with either Dazzling Gleam to hit twice and kill weakened Mega Sableyes and set Spikes on stall a little easier, or Heal Block to stop weakened walls from recovering, if they think they can exploit Klefki's passiveness. I can see it trapping and killing Diancie... but the Starmie is just gonna fire Analytic-boosted Hydros in its face (or be the ugly set and try to burn you and then spam spin)

I thought that max Def Unaware CM Clef would be a problem, but then I realized that Zam traces Unaware and 2hkos like a sir. Whoops.

Also a gimmicky alt to Stone Miss is Smack Down, which lets you spam EQ more freely. Killing something in 2 turns tho instead of three definately has its merrits.

Also for the love of god undo these spoiler tags and let your work shine!

With Fairy Lock, if used just at the right time, I can trap an annoying pokemon and remove it from the game. For example, if I use Fairy Lock the turn any Garchomp / Lando-T / Hippowdon, uses Earthquake to finish Klefki, I can bring in one of my checks to said mon against it to defeat it, so Bisharp has an easier time to sweep.

Clefable is always annoying, but like you said, I do 2HKO with Alakazam, as well as Bisharp being annoying for it just by using Iron Head.

I used Smack Down Lando-T before. It's pretty cool, but I'd probably only use it if I was running a more pivot set with U-Turn, instead of Swords Dance. Just because I can't always get a Swords Dance up, I do feel like the power in Stone Edge is much more efficient that hitting things with Earthquake later.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!!!