Akame Ga Kill [Contains Spoilers]

Cool Girl

Man, what a surprise! The ending of Akame Ga Kill! So, here are my thoughts on the anime.

I really like all the characters. They are all unique. I will miss them all dearly. I just...wow, I don't know what to really say 'cause I really liked the anime. I'm just really bummed they killed off almost all the characters of Night Raid, including Tatsumi. However, I'm still left with two questions.

1) Why was Kurome dying? I know I saw her hair starting to fall out, but....I'm not sure why she was dying. I know she had a severe injury on the back of her neck and all that, but yeah, would be nice to hear your thoughts on this guys.

2) Leone had injuries from fighting the minister (the minister shot her multiple times in the stomach). She is seen dying from her wounds. Why? I mean, they treated her and if she knew that she was going to bleed out, why didn't she go for help?

I mean if I had to pick a favorite character, I couldn't 'cause I love all the characters that were in that anime.

I also heard rumors that there's going to be a second season of Akame Ga Kill, but I personally can't see that happening because where would you go storyline wise once you've killed off almost all the characters of Night Raid. That is why I don't believe season 2 would be happening, as much as I would love to see one, it's just not going to happen. Would love to hear your thoughts on that guys.

Overall, it's a really good anime and I enjoyed it. I would definitely recommend this anime. Let me know what you guys thought/think of the anime! Thanks! :D

Kurome died because she was impaled by Akame's Teigu. She was dying because of human experimentation in her past which lead her to become addicted to drugs.

Dunno about Leo. She probably pushed herself too far.

I personally hated the anime. It left a bad taste in my mouth. It was good, but I didn't like it.

I thought the anime was great until around episode 18 where they simply started condensing and skipping manga material. Really, whole arcs were skipped and glossed over, characters were removed, plot development was removed and it led to an utterly unsatisfying climax that came out of nowhere. Though that Esdeath Vs Akame fight was pretty awesome.

The Manga itself has just reached the point Night Raid's and the Revolutionary Army is sieging the capital. So the manga will likely end in the next 5-7 chapters. I thoroughly recommend reading it, though you could really just skip to around chapter 29 which is around where the divergences start happening, and until then the anime was incredibly faithful to the source material.

A thing to note though that the manga was at around chapter 45'ish when the Anime ended, long before they even reached the point where the final battle was to occour. And meanwhile the anime had only adapted the first 30'ish chapters in the first 18 episodes, and only had 8 episodes left to kill finish the whole anime up, since it wasn't popular enough to get a sequel series. Therefore they started massively condensing arcs and killing characters off left and right which led to our current ending.

Though you're right in the fact that at this point in time the Mangaka had probably penned how the rest of the manga would turn out, since things like (spoilers for the end of the ANIME only)

Mine's "Death", Lubocks death, Tatsumi's capture and the Budo fight, the Kurome X Akame fight, and the current Mecha Emperor fight

All these were in some way in the anime, though the manga expanded on them quite heavily, and IMHO executed every one of those events in a better way.

Edited by Tartar

• Support Squad

Every death felt like it was just trying to get a rise out of you, not that it was a death for plot purposes. You cold have had the same plot with two main characters on either side. I've forgotten half the characters, a lot of which were cookie-cutter examples of so, so many archetypes. The ending was just rushed to all hell and back too. Animation was aight, soundtrack served it's purpose though nothing stood out too much. The execution of character development felt like it was trying to be way too edgy, with death on everyone's minds. The lacklustre comedy didn't do much to help that.

My opinion is that you're better off slogging through Naruto or Fairy Tail. Even with the negative aspects of those series, like length, they still stand heads and shoulders above AGK

My opinion is that you're better off slogging through Naruto or Fairy Tail. Even with the negative aspects of those series, like length, they still stand heads and shoulders above AGK

You know watching 18 great episodes and 8 terrible episodes is different than slugging through hundreds of episodes of a generic shounen?

You could've at least recommended a good shounen like Fullmetal Alchemist or Hunter X Hunter...

• Support Squad

You know watching 18 great episodes and 8 terrible episodes is different than slugging through hundreds of episodes of a generic shounen?

You could've at least recommended a good shounen like Fullmetal Alchemist or Hunter X Hunter...

I assumed you didn't need my input to have watched one of the two or at least have them on a to do list.

And the first 18 episodes weren't that great either to be frank. Once the bro guy died the shock factor wore off so completely it was shocking in and of itself. The world was generic "fantasy" with nothing to particularly distinguish it. For character development, I'll elaborate. It was shallow for everyone except Tatsumi and Esdeath. Tatsumi however was quite literally the most standard protagonist on the earth, taking away from his development in turn.

Besides, my point was that even bad shounens, and that's subjective in and of itself, with their flaws are still better than AGK. Kinda missed the point of my recommendation there bud. On the other hand, if you want another recommendation, Try D.Gray man, Shokugeki no souma, or JoJos. That's better things to watch even limited to just the shounen genre.

• 3 months later...

How are people liking the manga for this so far? They're up to 075 now.

Wave and Mine are so cute ~

On another note, it's not bad. Not amazing like FMA or HxH, but the action is exciting enough to get me genuinely curious in regards to how they're gonna end it. Since as of this point Esdeath seems unstopable. That Mecha Emperor fight was quite good too, and Wave and Tatsumi teaming up was awesome.

I pretty much agree with everything Dobby said. Every character was generic. I was happy when most of the characters died, they meant nothing to me. I barely got to know most of them other than "Oh this one's a tsundere" "Oh this guy is camp" "Oh this guy is a total loser." Fight scenes were alright and some of the powers were cool. That's about all I have to say about the show =/ It wasn't as bad as some other shows but it doesn't deserve any praise in my opinion.

Oh and Akame is one of the trashiest main characters I've ever seen. Literally no personality.