JoJo discussion

I am quite surprised that there is no JoJo discussion thread yet considering how known the anime is on the forums.

If you are going to spoil anything about the manga or the show, put it in a spoiler. I am a guy who don't watch/read something after doing either of these In this case, I am only watching the anime. Otherwise, go ahead talk about it.

I'm quite interested in the series, though I have no idea where to start. Should I go with the manga? Anime? And which arc? Do I have to read the whole thing to enjoy the story, or can I just read an arc?

I'm quite interested in the series, though I have no idea where to start. Should I go with the manga? Anime? And which arc? Do I have to read the whole thing to enjoy the story, or can I just read an arc?

Not watching it all would be an insult to the show itself. Either start at the start with Phantom Blood, or not at all. Don't meant to be conceited or anything, it's just that they normally interlock together. There is also no filler: all of it is enjoyable and awesome.

ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA

its a good series if you watch it and quite fun at it phantom blood is good though i always found the pacing a tad rushed other than a anime worth trying

• Support Squad

You can watch all of it for free at crunchyroll. It's sorted into chronological order too and it's showing the newest episodes now, so there's that.

I finished P1 a while ago, should be starting on 2 soon. P1 ended a lot sooner than I thought it would tbh.

You can watch all of it for free at crunchyroll. It's sorted into chronological order too and it's showing the newest episodes now, so there's that.

I finished P1 a while ago, should be starting on 2 soon. P1 ended a lot sooner than I thought it would tbh.

Yeah it's very short and sweet. Part 2 isn't very long either, part 3 is where stuff gets long.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to be sure, does this "stand" stuff keeps going during the other parts of JoJo? Because i really don't like it and i want to know if it's worth to keep reading to reach more interesting parts

Just to be sure, does this "stand" stuff keeps going during the other parts of JoJo? Because i really don't like it and i want to know if it's worth to keep reading to reach more interesting parts

Yup. Stands are a main stay in the series after Part 3. A lot of the stands get more interesting power as the series progresses, though.

• 1 month later...

what you guys think of the new op? I found it actually decent.

I absolutely love the visuals in the new opening. It's just filled to the brim with references to future events, symbolism and just all around good animation. I still miss the CG, though. Hopefully it'll be in there for the final OP for DiU.

The song itself is alright, but I do find that the visuals of the opening help it a lot.

also shigechi hype

I like it a lot but I feel like it doesn't reflect the later end of this arc. Have they confirmed whether or not there'll be another OP? because the animation doesn't feel like it'd open the last part of part 4 well since it

doesn't really have any focus on Rohan even though he shows up in like every chapter, includes a bunch of one off characters but not Mikitaka (<3) or the Superfly guy or that rock paper scissors kid and only shows Kira way at the end for like two seconds

I love the song though, although it reminds me a lot of FMA:B's 87 openings.

I like it a lot but I feel like it doesn't reflect the later end of this arc. Have they confirmed whether or not there'll be another OP? because the animation doesn't feel like it'd open the last part of part 4 well since it

doesn't really have any focus on Rohan even though he shows up in like every chapter, includes a bunch of one off characters but not Mikitaka (<3) or the Superfly guy or that rock paper scissors kid and only shows Kira way at the end for like two seconds

I love the song though, although it reminds me a lot of FMA:B's 87 openings.

Yes, there's gonna be one more opening for Part 4. The whole season of Part 4 is gonna be 39 episodes long, with 3 seperate "sections", each having their own opening.

Part 4 Spoilers I guess.

I feel this opening is a good one for the middle of DiU, as the crew just learned about Kira and are trying to track him down. Not necessarily at full speed, but soon they will be.

Also I just finished reading Part 6. My soul's been destroyed to say the least.

Yes, there's gonna be one more opening for Part 4. The whole season of Part 4 is gonna be 39 episodes long, with 3 seperate "sections", each having their own opening.

Part 4 Spoilers I guess.

I feel this opening is a good one for the middle of DiU, as the crew just learned about Kira and are trying to track him down. Not necessarily at full speed, but soon they will be.

Also I just finished reading Part 6. My soul's been destroyed to say the least.

Oh thats great then. I've always mentally broken part 4 into three parts anyways

part 1 being beginning->reimi or the intro arc

part 2 being reimi-> atom heart father or the "finding Kira" arc

part 3 being that until the end or the "kira makes everybody suffer and gets a boner" arc

so yea then this OP works really well for part 2

also I should really finish reading part 5

Oh thats great then. I've always mentally broken part 4 into three parts anyways

part 1 being beginning->reimi or the intro arc

part 2 being reimi-> atom heart father or the "finding Kira" arc

part 3 being that until the end or the "kira makes everybody suffer and gets a boner" arc

so yea then this OP works really well for part 2

also I should really finish reading part 5

You should. Some consider it the weakest, but honestly it's only because of the shitty translations. There have been new translations coming out recently that I managed to get into for my first time reading. A good portion of it was in color, too! Giorno's not my all time favorite by any means, but I do really like him all the same.

Also, I just started reading Steel Ball Run and I'm getting super hyped reading the rules of the race... and Johnny hasn't even showed up yet! I can tell this is gon' be gud.