Pokemon Loyalty Version 1.6b

SpartaLazor

Introduction
(I'm not going to lie, I'm a little nervous about posting this, since I cannot find a set of rules that tells what I need to have for this, and because I haven't been here for long at all. I don't want it to seem like I'm just here to put this here.)
Ahem. Slight insecurities aside...
Hey guys! My name is SpartaLazor (though I think you could've figured that out) and I am the Lead Dev, and the only Dev actually, of Pokemon Loyalty.
Pokemon Loyalty is a game that's been in development for a little over a year now, being developed with Pokemon Essentials and RPG Maker XP. At the moment I've got a demo release with 4 Gyms and about 5-8 hours of gameplay.
My main goal with Loyalty is to make a good game without all the flash. What I realized early on was that there was no way I'd be able to keep up with all of the really popular fan-games that have all the flashy features, fakemon, cool graphics, etc. So the main aspect of Loyalty is the storyline. Not features, not fakemon, not graphics. I'm trying to show that none of that is needed to make a good game.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not trying to emulate the extremely well-known games, but rather just make something simple and effective. I've been working on this (mostly) alone for a long time, so I do hope that you enjoy this game.
And I apologize if this post looks like one big text dump. Complex formatting is not in my skill set...
But that aside, let's get to the good stuff, shall we?
The Ralleh Region
The Ralleh region, along with the Ronto region and the Resshe region make up the Ralton Archpeilago, a small group of islands in the far corner of the world. The regions are known for their strong connections to the Sinnoh region mythology, as well as their association with the Creation Trio and Arceus.
Ralleh is the smallest of all three, but well-known to the world for their troubles with the Black Hats and White Gloves, two elite socities turned full-fledged organizations that were constantly fighting to get the upper hand over the other. The people widely support the White Gloves, believing them to be on the side of the people while the Black Hats have carried out a small reign of terror. More recently, however, the White Gloves have vanished, and it appears that the Black Hats are left unchallenged in the region...
Plot
You are a young teenager, getting ready to set out on their journey across the Ralleh region alongside your friends, twin siblings Keith and Kelsey. The Black Hats remain at large and a very real threat, and the immenient return of the White Gloves threatens to bring one of the worst conflicts the region has ever seen. Along your journey, you'll face seemingly evil organizations, challenge Gym Leaders, encounter Shadow Pokemon, uncover the secrets well hidden in the Ralleh region, and ultimately choose where your loyalties lie...
Features
Like I said, I'm not going to try to go overboard here. Just some of the basic features:
-Mega Evolution (Including a custom one. But just one)
-721 Pokemon (I don't think all will make it into the final game, but I'll put in as many as I can)
-Following Pokemon (That's right. You beloved Bidoof can follow you around)
-Choices (There aren't a lot that affect the story at this point, but in the future there will be)
-Mulitple Saves (Because why not?)
Screenshots

Oh wow. These are outdated. I need to update these...
c5k4T2J.png
Q0eG7OR.png
TEvE2UI.png
cLutGMt.png
Some Nurses aren't Joy...
aPjQcqb.png
Some Nurses aren't Nurses...
MJQz4c9.png
4O8G9OD.png
e8OLKFw.pngR48kk0w.png

Known Bugs (As of 1.6b)
-Your follower might appear in the final cutscene. Won't crash the game, but might break the immersion a little.
-Primal Reversion Abilities don't work that well... Primal Groudon's kind of a pushover really. Again, won't crash the game, but might take something away from it.
-Using the XL screen size will not allow you to load that save file. Please refrain from using that size.
Credits

Gen VI Sprites + Megas
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=314422

Gen VI Icons
-Pikachumazzinga
-Alaguesia

Gen VI Cries
-Worldslayer608

Gen VI Overworlds + Mega Gallade
-princess-pheonix

GenI-V Overworlds
-Neo-Spriteman
-MissingLukey
-help-14
-Kymoyonian
-cSc-A7X
-2and2makes5
-Pokegirl4ever
-Fernandojl
-Silver-Skies
-TyranitarDark
-Getsuei-H
-Kid1513
-Milomilotic11
-Kyt666
-kdiamo11
-Chocosrawlooid
-Syledude
-Gallanty
-Gizamimi-Pichu
-Zyon17

Multiple Save Files Script
-mej71

Challenge Modes Script
-mej71
-JV

Follower Pokemon Script
-mej71
-Help-14
-zingzags
-Rayd12smitty
-Venom12

Sky Battle/Inverse Battle Script
-mej71

Tilesets
-The-Red-Ex
-ThatsSoWitty
-Kyle-Dove
-Speedialga
-Spacemotion
-Alucus
-Pokemon-Diamond
-Kizemaru-Kurunosuke
-EpicDay
-Thurpok
-UltimoSpriter
-iametrine
-Minorthreat0987
-TyranitarDark
-Heavy-Metal-Lover
-KKKaito
-WesleyFG
-BoOmxBiG
-EternalTakai
-Hek-el-grande

Logo
-Fakemon123
The Gen VI Project

Project Organization:

WorldSlayer

Pokemon Sprites:

http://www.pkparaiso.com/

/u/sicns

/u/Evolemon

Pokemon Icons:

Pikachumazzinga

New Sprite animation, Title Screen, and Elite Battle System:

Luka S.J.

Sprite converter:

dragonnite

Item Icons/various sprite work:

Serbii

TheDeKay

Radical Raptr

PBS file editing:

karstictrainer

WorldSlayer

TheDeKay

viperk1

SunakazeKun

Radical Raptr

RPD490

Takyon!

Pokegod7020

Scripting:

mej71

~JV~

TheDeKay

Maruno

XmarkXalanX

Ratty524

joeyhugg

Nickalooose

Lucidious89

AmethystRain

AlexTCGPro

Destiny

baaabuuu

trueegee

woobowiz

Saving Raven

DL Kurosh

p.claydon

dragonnite

Research:

Drakath569

Florio

MrDeepDarkMind

snooper117

Beta Testers

/u/Dylanrockin2122

/u/GeraldJr77

/u/Worldslayer608

/u/ZODeKay

/u/Johnnyrelic

/u/Deouen

/u/zeak6464

/u/RadicalRaptr

/u/L-rM

/u/Iasper

/u/Spyname149

/u/Pegaswift

/u/KillerMapper

/u/bbwong91900

/u/Fuck_I_Fuck

/u/JackFlynt

Smogon XY Sprite Project
-Mega Latios - Quanyails
-Primal Groudon - Layell
-Mega Blaziken - Speed-X, Layell, Dleep
-Mega Metagross - Legitimate Username
-Mega Aggron - aX

Diamond/Pearl Item Icons
-KillerAslox

Additional Music Source:
-http://downloads.khinsider.com/pokemon

Additional Music Used

-The Crater of the Lake (Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Super Music Collection -- Crater of the Lake)
---Hitomi Sato, Junichi Masuda

-Final (Pokemon Black and White Super Music Collection -- LAST BATTLE -N^n mix-)
---Junichi Masuda

-Song's End (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity -- One Last Look at Paradise)
---Keisue Ito, Yasuhiro Kawagoe

-Lake Legends (Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Super Music Collection -- Battle! Yuxie, Emurit, & Agnome)
---Hitomi Sato, Junichi Masuda

-Waves (Pokemon Black and White Supplemental Tracks)
---Game Freak

Loyalty Elsewhere

Relic Castle: http://reliccastle.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=663

PokeCommunity: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=355642
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonLoyalty/

Whelp, that's all I got.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After playing untill I get my pkmn. I can already say this: "it looks promising". However I have two remarks: first you write wierd instead of weird. Second I find the term "black hats" a bit funny considerinng that black hats is a computer science term for unethical hackers. So when I hear the name I can't help but think of a group of people sitting behind their computer not a dangerous pkmn group.

alright you have peaked my interest and I am always looking forward to a new game.

Edit: there is no game.exe file so that I can actually play the game

So I downloaded it, but I wasn't able to load the game...

But this is shaping up to be something. Do your best, my pal!

This looks pretty cool, but it doesn't appear to have any files when I tried to download it. All that appears in my Downloads folder is the Internet Explorer icon.

Yeah, I've had some problems with this in the past, but it's been working for the most part. I've only heard of it happening one other time before this... I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm gonna try re-uploading it in a little bit.

Edit: Wait, what type of computer are you guys using? Mac or PC? I'm not 100% positive, but I think Essentials games will not run on Macs by default. I know a couple of fan-games have special compatible modes for Mac, but I'm really not sure on how to do that. If this is indeed the case, then I'll certainly give it a shot, though.

Look like a great game. Will it have features like ev checker and also starters like reborn and rejuvenation? Guess I have to play the game to find out.

At the moment, probably not. I'm working solo on this, and implementing something like an EV checker might just be beyond my capabilities. I know there are already some public scripts that can make it possible, so I can look into it. Also, I haven't played Reborn just yet (just downloaded it, though) so I'm not sure what they did with the starters. But I don't aim to do what they do. I'm not really trying to emulate the popular fan-games out there. I'm just doing my own thing, really.

Looks awesome! That shadow Anorith looks fierce! Are the starters same as always?

Thanks, I've given Shadow Pokemon a different color scheme. ANd I'm not quite sure what you mean by same as always, but the main options are Houndour, Carvanha, and Cacnea.

I'm looking forward to trying out the game, but out of curiosity, have you considered making the Black Hats a sort of rallying point for the rich upper class? If the White Gloves are "for the people", this contrast could provide some interesting commentary on class warfare.

Well, the rich upper class is really just their origin story. Over time, they've developed into larger organizations, where class doesn't play too much of a role anymore.

After playing untill I get my pkmn. I can already say this: "it looks promising". However I have two remarks: first you write wierd instead of weird. Second I find the term "black hats" a bit funny considerinng that black hats is a computer science term for unethical hackers. So when I hear the name I can't help but think of a group of people sitting behind their computer not a

dangerous pkmn group.

Yeah, there are some small spelling errors in there. I'll certainly fix those. And I'm pretty sure that's where I got the name for them. I dunno why I chose it, really. It just stuck in my mind, I guess.

Edited by SpartaLazor

I'm on PC, if that helps resolve the not having files thing.

Well, it does help. Sort of. I now know that I have no idea what's causing it... I thought I knew, but I guess I was wrong... I myself just tested it, and it worked perfectly fine... so I really don't know.

I'm going to try to re-upload it in a little bit, and maybe to some place other than just Mega.

I downloaded your game but it's not playable because I can't open the file. I am on Mac but I have Wine so Pokemon fangames work on my computer. I think it's the file type that's causing some issues. .7z is not a file type people normally use for fangames.

Even though Mega has worked for me when downloading other Pokemon fangames like Reborn, Rejuvenation, etc., I'd take Taska's advice and try uploading it to Mediafire. I tried redownloading it and it did the same thing again. Either that, or you didn't upload the correct file. Either way, I hope it gets resolved soon because it looks super promising.

Ok finished the demo. I have 21 things to report (bugs, typos, tile errors, moves etc.). Spoilers indeed.

Move Bugs:

1. Eerie Impulse doesn't work

2. Noble Roar: After decreasing Sp. Atk, the user comes back like U-turn

3. Draining Kiss does't work

4. Bite moves "Additional Effects" error

5. Durant's Bug Bite is not actually Bug Bite. It hits multiple times.

6. When fighting Mega Blaziken and Fly is on the second turn, Blaziken is able to hit Staraptor before the Fly lands.

7. Exploud's Roar outspeeds Sharpedo's Aqua Jet. Pokemon that is switched out uses Aqua Jet.

Tile Errors:

8. ridds2.jpg

9. 168d6k3.jpg

10. t9ac5e.jpg

(There are mooore tile errors inside buildings with tables and boards but I didn't record the locations.)

Placeholders?:

11. vzxwf4.jpg

12. 23kw0bc.jpg

Medicine:

13. Already reported but in addition you can't use medicine like revives, hyper potions, etc.

Evolve Error:

14. 2qimjro.jpg

Sharpedo is level 30 though...

Typos:

15. 2mxgxtc.jpg

16. 6ezskj.jpg <-- Not sure if this was intended

17. 1zzl3pd.jpg

18. 2nt8wtz.jpg

19. 2me7gh3.jpg

PokeMart (please return what was stolen):

20. You already completed the task without speaking to the competitor. Nothing activated. Directly rewarded.

21. After you return the reward for real, speak to him again, your game crashes.

Good job on the game by the way! Looking forward to the next update. =)

The game force closes instead of surviving poison at 1 hp in the wild. plz fix

I'll take a look into it. I think I might have an idea of what's wrong with that.

I can't use potions in battle, which is very aggravating when all your Beldum knows is Take Down.

Yeah, not being able to use potions in battle is an error in Essentials, which was recently fixed with v16.2. The current version of Loyalty, 1.6b, was made in Essentials version 16.1. I've already fixed it, and it should be working in the next patch.

Ok finished the demo. I have 21 things to report (bugs, typos, tile errors, moves etc.). Spoilers indeed.

Good job on the game by the way! Looking forward to the next update. =)

Thanks for all of the reports!

Move wise, I've had some trouble with the Bug Bite and other moves in the past and have had them fixed, but reset the scripts trying to fix another error. So it shouldn't be terribly hard to fix them. I'm positive that they're mostly scripting errors, and I'm not the most well-versed in that area, but I'll give it the good-old fashioned try.

Text color, spelling, grammar, and tile errors aren't that big a deal to fix. Piece of cake.

Not being able to use potions in battle is an error with Essentials, and has been fixed in the latest update. I recently upgraded, so the next patch for Loyalty should address that issue.

And I probably should've said this before, but all of the starters evolve at 25. I was having a little bit of difficulty beating the second Gym during my test playthrough, so I lowered the levels that the starters evolved.

Again, thanks for letting me know, and thanks for giving it a shot.

Is there a way to open the door at the first pokemon center or the sealed door in the cave with the "rare" pokemon , because all of them require a code but it don't seems to be the code that we often find :/
And is this code usefull at some point ? (42-7-73-11)

Is there a way to open the door at the first pokemon center or the sealed door in the cave with the "rare" pokemon , because all of them require a code but it don't seems to be the code that we often find :/

And is this code usefull at some point ? (42-7-73-11)

At the moment, neither can be opened. Those are for some later point in the game. Early next update, actually.

The code, well, yes. Most likely it will be useful for something.

I seriously wish I knew how long the fossils take. I got an Aerodactyl fossil being revived. :/

Sadly, the fossil guy is bugged and won't get the fossil back to you. I'm still working on that.

Ah, thanks for telling me. I noticed something when I got Torchic and evolved it all the way to Blaziken it did no learn any of the moves it would learn. o.o

Hm. For some reason, the Hoenn starters' PBS file got messed up... I'll fix that, thanks for letting me know!

c420f87cbc.jpg

this keeps happening usually when i talk to the pokemon center lady or my follower...

making the game nigh unplayable

also, my follower turned invisible

I'm guessing you blacked out at some point? This has happened before, but I think I found a way to fix it. It'll be fixed in the next update.