Chatot

Frankfurt

so I did the math. so far in the third? (level 45 chatot) fight with Taka I just won. But the amount of times I hit myself in confusion after doing the math is 0.1953125. I don't know why I have such bad luck but I did manage to win and now I am officially over that stupid Chatot and it's Chatter.

tl;dr: Chatot is evil

(hoping this is in the right forum section if it isn't, let me know) (also I meant percent. since it's a 50/50 and it all happened in a row. I barely hit that stupid bird. nature power gear grind diggersby is life. so yeah a 0.1953125% chance it would happen that many times in a row.)

Edited by Frankfurt

I don't remember that chatot being any great trouble. I insisted on soft resetting and breeding for IVs and EV raising my mons, so I just probably outsped and finished that thing off every time; it's terribly frail. It has been a while since I played Reborn though.

• Developers

Personally I feel this way not just about Chatot but about the confusion condition in general. It makes the battle way too random. Pokemon games would be so much better without it.

The accuracy of moves makes the battle random. Paralysis, burn and freeze too. And critical hits. Random is an important part of the game. It's a parameter to take into account and makes the game more interesting as you can simply follow a perfect plan, you need do adapt to the unforeseen

That reminds me a random battle on showdown. I had only one pokemon left, my opponent maybe several. He had a mega Altaria, boosted with one or two Cotton Dance, I had a mega Salamence, both partially weakened. His mega Altaria could kill me with a single Hyper Voice, while an Aerilated Return would have done almost nothing to his Altaria. I was already saying gg, because even if I was playing to the end to my mind the game was over. The guy replied me I should never give up... Then the turn starts. My mega Salamence obviously attack first. Critical hit, boosted STAB Aerilated Return ignoring his huge defense boost. Mega Altaria fainted. Then I got rid of his last pokemons. I won the battle I was sure to lose.

Random things like confusion can sometimes be frustrating, but generally it makes the game more interesting, because even if you're far disadvantaged, as long as you have one pokemon alive there's still hope

• 2 weeks later...

The chattot battle gets easier in the double battle since one can hit while the other can heal.

Though Ame was pretty sadistic in bringing in a rage-inducing pokemon to a boss, and often straight after a PULSE mon.