Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu discussion

Nhadala

TjPQx9c.jpg

Tags: Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Seinen, Gore

Description: Suddenly, high school student Subaru Natsuki has been summoned to another world on the way back from the convenience store. With the biggest crisis of his life being summoned to another world, and with no sign of the one who summoned him, things become even worse when he is attacked. But when he is saved by a mysterious, silver-haired girl with a fairy cat, Subaru cooperates with her to return the favor. When they finally manage to get a clue, Subaru and the girl are attacked and killed by someone. Subaru then awakens in the place he was summoned and notices he gained the ability "Returns by Death" and has become a helpless boy that only has the ability to rewind time by dying. Beyond the despair, can he save the girl from the fate of death?

My thoughts: So far its very good, however i have some concerns regarding character development, cause if the Main Character dies too often and the world keeps resetting then none of the characters shown will get to develop and basically all relationships are temporary, which is my main concern.

But other than that it looks very promising and nice, heres hoping it continues being good, i hope the characters and their relationships develop.

I think the whole restart thing getting in the way of relational development adds to the sense of dread and helplessness of the curse or whatever exactly it is he has on him. If there is one thing the show has going for it its a two sided coin. On one side, there is going to be a lot of development and insight into the MC. And on the other side of the coin is that since he would be restarting in situations where he has died, that means he would likely take different routes with the people he can interact with, which all in all means, we will more than likely get to see different sides of characters which adds a rich and unique flavor in place of relationship developments.

From what I read in other comment sections, the MC is going to be mind broken, because he is going to die in every horrible way you could imagine over and over again. The author apperently is a sadist and the show supposedly follows the LN closely. That´s only hearsay though and we only got a few episodes so far, so who knows maybe the anime goes into a other direction.^^

Guys, you don't have to make a thread for every anime...this series is airing this season so we have a megathread for discussion of series airing this season. Please don't create an excess of threads because the more you create, the more likely it'll be to be buried...

From what I read in other comment sections, the MC is going to be mind broken, because he is going to die in every horrible way you could imagine over and over again. The author apperently is a sadist and the show supposedly follows the LN closely. That´s only hearsay though and we only got a few episodes so far, so who knows maybe the anime goes into a other direction.^^

So, it'll be like Homura or Furude Rika...

Hmm...

Guys, you don't have to make a thread for every anime...this series is airing this season so we have a megathread for discussion of series airing this season. Please don't create an excess of threads because the more you create, the more likely it'll be to be buried...

I dont want this to go back to how it was where it was only one big thread, i had to ask to have it removed because it was harming this sub-forum, i want people to talk as much as possible about the popular/hyped up series they like in their own individual threads, it helps keep this forum healthy and more active.

Ohh dear, there go my hopes for relationship development lol, so this show is just gonna be a gore fest with the main cast dying over and over?

• Support Squad

Individual topics are fine, I mean, the catch all topic was meant for stuff like general "I like dis, I don't like dis, DAT EPISODE HOLEE FACK" summary of a season kinda deal. If someone wants to focus in on the show then it's fair dues.

I was kinda worried about this show when I first started it. Like, we basically had two episodes with the additional episode 0 to work with at first which was nice for grabbing my interest but the comedy waaaas ehhhh alright but nothing new, like the "i'm broke" catchphrase thing, and it didn't feel like the gruesome aspects weren't enough to guarantee we're going to get a solid, continuous story amidst the comedy. However with ep 2 out and the story still going along at the same kinda pace it feels more like the show isn't going to meander in any pointless moments a la lulzfests.

It could meander though in regards to needless repetition. We've seen a lot of repetition so far as Subaru adapts to the power and that's all well and good so far. He figured it out fairly quickly and he did show the capability to learn from his mistakes with the whole guard thing. If we're subjected to new ways to deal with each moment though, again and again, I'm going to get impatient. I don't want to see a 25 episode version of Haruhi's endless eight.

One last thing about the learning from his mistakes too, I really hope Subaru gets to the point where he picks up on the fastest way to interact with everyone. Like in ep 2 where Felt goes mental at him looking in her house. He could have just said he wanted to do business and he'd have been fine, according to Felt herself. If he doesn't do that in another possible timeline I'mma have to smack the screen.

I'm still torn if I should give it a shot or not...

When it first appeared on the frontpage of my anime-site of choice and I read the description I thought:

"oh... so essentially it is the movie 'Edge of Tomorrow - Live.Die.Repeat' in Fantasy-Anime form... well if they start every episode with him waking up back there, because he died in the last one, this will take a bazillion episodes to finish..."

and as you guys already said - the MC is the only one that can receive actual character development, because everyone else just forgets all these other "times", because they never happened - so they are set back to square one.

And I guarantee, there will come times, where the MC will commit suicide because he screwed up - and frankly I don't think that would be a great thing to watch, giving the message "yay suicide! now you can try again!"

(espacially after some heavy conversations here on the forum...)

In the movie "Edge of Tomorrow" the story only progresses, because there is another person who had this ability, and therefore believes the protagonist

If there is no one that believes the MC here in the anime... well:

"Hey, lets take that path, on the other path waits a giant monster that will kill us!"

"yeah, right..."

5 mins later - RESET - killed by giant monster

repeat... forever...

Even when the MC find the 'fastest' way to deal with people... he might end up in a situation, where he just gets stuck because, no matter what he tries, his companions might end up getting him killed.

so either - the MC just doesn't care for his companions anymore, at some point and just continues solo - because "hey no matter what I try they end up getting us all killed - as long as I stay out of their business, I might survive and DON'T have to repeat the same days over and over again, and might get out of this mess..."

or

he goes bat-shit-crazy and well... does bat-shit-crazy stuff...

and yeah - as a Anime wathcer- watching essentially the same episode over and over again, because of MCs deaths, would get boring really fast...

• 4 weeks later...

Its very good so far, but i feel like we have been stuck in that mansion for too long now, i hope the next episode resolves the Mansion arc.

Without spoiling anything lets just say that im happy with the way the show handles everything so far.

Its very good so far, but i feel like we have been stuck in that mansion for too long now, i hope the next episode resolves the Mansion arc.

Without spoiling anything lets just say that im happy with the way the show handles everything so far.

As far as my information goes the curent mansion arc supposedly goes until episode 10-15 and the third arc takes up the rest of the episodes and they arent slowing it down on purpose, they even started to cut some little not important scenes and leave the OP and ED away from time to time to get full 24 mins of animation in the episodes, like in the last one.

• 1 month later...
  • Support Squad

After watching the latest episode, i must say, both Emilia and Subaru are as dumb as a rock, jesus....

Not really? Sure making a scene wasn't the best thing but it's nothing new for Subaru and Emilia handled herself pretty well if nothing else. Even in Subaru's case, obviously he's getting riled up because he wants Emilia to trust him but won't quite do it. So he's not thinking straight. Doesn't mean he's dumb.

• 2 months later...

Well, season 1. Don't expect season 2 for at least 2 years.

Hopefully they'll start making a season 2 based on the Web Novel instead of the Visual Novel which is a reedited version of the Web Novel. Since that has material for at least 2 to 3 more seasons.

Heck, can we have a 3 more season, pretty please?

It's understandable why they didn't include it, considering they caught up with the LN adaptation. A better move to end it where they did with no ETA on a second season if there is one.

I was a bit upset that they left out

Subaru and Al's conversation in the carriage

because that seemed like a pretty big revelation but you only have so much you can work with.

Some people on the re:zero subreddit are translating the part immediately after episode 25. Dunno how far they will go, but at the very least it can sate the appetite for more if people have it.

How do you know what is going to happen?

I don't know for sure, since I can't read Japanese and transitioning from the WN to LN's takes details out due to size etc, but there are summaries, outlines, and partial translations out there that people have done for the WN. In addition the manga, which is behind even the anime, has scenes that are in the LN and that were excluded from the anime.

It's understandable why they didn't include it, considering they caught up with the LN adaptation. A better move to end it where they did with no ETA on a second season if there is one.

I was a bit upset that they left out

Subaru and Al's conversation in the carriage

because that seemed like a pretty big revelation but you only have so much you can work with.

Some people on the re:zero subreddit are translating the part immediately after episode 25. Dunno how far they will go, but at the very least it can sate the appetite for more if people have it.

yeah i assume they didnt show it, since it wouldnt have mattered after all knowing that

Al also comes from the japan

doesnt influence anything in the end, at least not to the part they adapted so far. They kind of dropped the info anyway in the episode were they were in the castle for the royal selection and Al talked about how he also finds it irratating how that one girl talks with a kansaki dialect.

Edited by Helios2

How do you know what is going to happen?

The WN wich was used for the latest episodes already goes up to volume 6, while the anime ended near the end of volume 3 and the LN even before that. So by reading the WN you get like a giant step ahead of everyone, but as drevance said its barely translated so you would need to know a decent amount of japanese to read it.

yeah i assume they didnt show it, since it wouldnt have mattered after all knowing that

Al also comes from the japan

doesnt influence anything in the end, at least not to the part they adapted so far. They kind of dropped the info anyway in the episode were they were in the castle for the royal selection and Al talked about how he also finds it irratating how that one girl talks with a kansaki dialect.

True. That gives hints for sure but the revelation of Subaru learning about it and his questioning was worthy of it imo. Without the scene you're kinda left in the dark with hints but no explanation. Granted you aren't really given much in the scene but it's more than nothing and less than desired.