Rusty's rambling's about something .Hack/Sign

rustytengo

So I was finally able to finish watch .Hack/Sign Which for many of you isn't something overly impressive, but i have had a long history with this anime.

Throughout the time i first saw the anime on Toonami in either the late 90's or early 2000's i wasn't able to watch it constantly(you know a thing called a bed time) so i ended up seeing an episodes here an there rarely in order. Which lies the big question i have.

What did young me see in this anime that made me want to watch it and remember it for all of this time?

Given young me didn't really enjoy shows like this since .Hack/Sign isn't a action packed fast paced anime at all especially if you never watched in order.

Its slow and about the characters the only action in it is rare and not much maybe a few swings of a sword here or there or a spell. Most of the show is people talking to each other about another character or of the mystery that there involved in. Stuff that went over my head as a kid.

The music is wonderful in it and i have always enjoyed music(maybe not to the level of some people) especially the kind of that .Hack uses. Hell well i may of forgotten the lyrics I could always remember the opening tune.but that wouldn't be enough to keep the interest of young me.

The characters are very rememberable. Well i may forget a name if i was shown a picture of the characters i would know exactly where they are from and who they were. Though as a kid that wasn't something I cared about.

Now a days all of that matters to me and would be things i pay attention to well I watch any thing and i can say that .Hack/Sign is on of my favorite animes that i have ever watched now as an adult or back then as a kid.

Maybe the big answer to my question is simply that i left something unfinished and it keep getting away from me for reasons that if became some sort of a goal i had for myself. Now that i finished it i don't feel like watching anime as much.There's still many anime's that i should watch and i need to finish and I will get to them at sometime, but none of them make me feel like i need to like .Hack/Sign always felt like to me.

thanks for reading along with my thoughts and sorry that they are a bit disjointed my brain never had been great at organization.

(wow got to love my brain at times sign not sigh)

Edited by rustytengo

Sign was an ok anime. However, it makes little sense on its own, and the PS2 games are essentially one game for the price of four (and not even a great game at that), so that ultimately turned me off. Mind you, the games aren't bad either... They are average. This is my issue with .hack. All media in the franchise are average, not horrid, but not great either, and given the sheer amount of time one is required to invest into the whole thing... I ultimately felt it wasn't worth it.

The one thing I genuinely enjoyed, surprisingly enough, was the prequel light novel. I usually am not into light novels, but that one was very well written.