Viridescent's Wandering Art Thread [Art: Drawing/Feedback]

Ironbound

I'm running the risk of being hauled over the coals for double-posting, but here is some lineart that might placate the modgods and let this slide for once, since this kind of thing doesn't really fit in if I were to edit my previous post:

TeTz9Ik.png

Perhaps the incompatible egg groups, disadvantageous typing, disproportionate difference in stats, size and even skin texture might be a hamper, but I know Garchomp will prevail someday!

NEy3k80.png

I don't remember who it was, but someone suggested the idea of a Mega Roserade as...something like a "gay french knight", to quote the exact words. This is what I came up with in that regard. Bonus points to anyone who spots the innuendo I added into the picture!

I will turn these into coloured illustrations sometime in the future, if I don't have any fresh ideas at hand. But there's nothing like good ol' lineart for a few laughs.

And yes, Losty, they both have hats. Problem?

Edited by Viridescent
  • Upvote 7

Double-posting is fine in a thread like this as long as it's relevant, which new art definitely is. Anyway, it all looks really good! I especially like the Scizor in your first post, but they're all impressive so far.

That's good to know. And thank you, I appreciate your support. The scizor is one of my more serious works, but seeing as I am strapped for time at the moment, I'm afraid most of the following will be either past works, or lineart.

Thanks very much, guys, it means a lot to me.

Anyway, Frappy asked me to do something with Lopunny and Diggersby, and since I dislike the way their designs are stereotyped, I came up with this one after finding some inspiration using my Google-fu skills [it's not explicit or anything don't worry]

XYvZgIn.png

And Dhan, props to you if you got it. Even if I pointed it out to you anyway.

• Upvote 6

What have I done? What...I mean...what...is this, even?

Someone help me. Please tell me what I have done here.

Tr7aXy0.png

EDIT: Also, please do feel free to comment, criticize or otherwise share your opinions about anything I create. Any inputs or constructive criticism you may have to offer will help increase the field of my perspective.

Edited by Viridescent
  • Upvote 4

I'm glad you opened up this thread to share your marvelous drawings Viri. Good on you! I probably said this a lot of times already, but that Latios drawing looks amazing

Please draw an Ice-type for me, Q_Q

Thanks very much, Xiri; I greatly appreciate your support. And of course, I'd be glad to draw an ice type for you...in fact, I know just the thing~

I'll ask you to give me time, though. I'm mostly only posting things that I've already made here; creating new things is not very plausible right now because I can't devote the time to do them justice. That's why I said that I would accept requests for serious art after a month or so.

But if you're content with lineart, I can dish something up sooner. I do have an idea for you though, which I promise to implement after my exams are done.

holly molly this is super fucking great. especially the personality you put into everything; look at them expressions! would that garchomp propose to me i'd probably be in jail isn't that bestiality?? ew be floored.

anyway i do have sum criticism so time for Proper Capitalization of Letters™ to show how serious i am. The lighting on the Scizor; it looks like there's several small light sources that somehow only hit one point of its body in really sharp speculars, sometimes in the middle of parts that's otherwise in shadow, which drives me crazy. I'd also want some specular on the wings, perhaps not as sharp.

I love the light from his chest core seeping upwards between the chest plates; not a big fan of the chest plates themselves. The entire armor is super fucking badass, but since the chest plates are red on a black background, along with the hourglass figure it has going on, it looks like bikini armor. And tits on otherwise sexless arthropod warriors isn't really a flattering look.

The jaw blends into the neck a little too well too, otherwise, man, I fucking love this drawing. a+ borat thumps up

And for my favorite of your drawings, the Latios. The pose is fucking great, I cannot believe how you nailed the wings, they should hire you to crucify the next jesus with stills like that. However, his shoulder area... His neck doesn't look broken, it looks like it's attached to permanently look left. I think it's a combination between how the throat skin looks like it's connecting to the side of his jaw rather than his chin, and the wing turf that looks like it's part of his neck.

I also get the impression that his wings connect both to his wishbone and shoulders; that shit would snap his wishbone faster than he could mega evolve. If you're serious about this stuff, which I will literally cry if you aren't 'cause super skill, I recommend doing some muscle studies and checking out Terryl Witlatch (https://imaginationinternationalinc.com/creatures-of-amalthea/), she's great at this stuff. I have some dvd rips from her I could wetransfer too if you like her.

Oh, and a friend of mine, George Brad, also the kind of person that makes me wanna just draw 24/7 just to catch up, does really great muscle studies if you're looking for inspo someday (http://georgebrad.blogspot.se/)

The back half checks out and looks balls, arms... I feel like his claws should be more parted to hold the mega ball, but that's just nitpicking. This is one of my fave realistic Pokémon drawings. you rule. you rule so much man.

• Upvote 1

Damn, I've been caught out. Guess I can't be too lazy anymore I mean, what-

In all seriousness, I highly appreciate your inputs, Halloween, and I'm glad you made them. As for the scizor, there isn't much I can do now; I deliberately went for the fractured light sources because I didn't like the look of it otherwise (what a lame excuse, I know) and I see what you mean with the jaw, though, I'll keep that in mind.

[and as for the literal breastplate - who says Scizor is genderless? ;) ]

If you're serious about this stuff, which I will literally cry if you aren't 'cause super skill...

There you've caught me. In fact, you've caught me at my worst.

Yes, I fully concede that I made several flaws in the Latios, and I recognize them myself. I agree with you about the shoulders, wings and general neck area; In fact, I drew that in college, when a lecturer absented himself and I had nothing to do for an hour. Of course, it's nothing more than a casual doodle, to be very frank, and I understand my anatomical laziness with the torso; I'll fix that when I finish the thing properly. (hell, I shouldn't even have posted it here knowing how much I disagreed with it myself.)
In any case, point noted. I'll take more time to draw lineart too, but I won't be lazy with any of them. After about a month or two, I can start devoting more effort to this stuff, so then I can actually put my fullest into what I do, instead of the bit-and-piece way I'm doing it now.
Thanks very much for the links, btw, they're very interesting. Fear not, I'll dish out more anatomically correct stuff in the future. Also, props to your friend, his work is great!

All right, here is something else that I did in the past; a different style but a more 'fleshed out' design. In fact, it itself is also technically still a WIP, since it needs a couple of tweaks and will be added as a part of a greater whole in a future work. Nevertheless, I think it is also developed enough to share in its current state:

i4fmbDC.png

Genesect doesn't feel emotion. It doesn't feel pain, pleasure, pity or remorse. But it will not stop killing, until it has razed everything to the ground or is itself obliterated. All the while with a smug grin.

Something different will come soon!

BONUS:

2dC1nWV.png

This is Magneme!

Edited by Viridescent
  • Upvote 6

Thanks, red!

Anyway, now that the forums are finally working again back, I can get this damned bug off of me. It's a drawing in ink this time, just a pen sketch on paper, featuring the best lepidopteran in Pokemon history:

bLW96HS.png

I always liked powerful bugs. Volcarona is no exception. I made it a little more detailed and 'real' than the usual cartoony stuff, but here it is.

More to come later!

• Upvote 7