1. 1. Hardest PULSE

• Tangrowth
    • Muk
    • Abra
    • Avalugg
    • Swalot
    • Magnezone

• Global Mods

Which of the PULSE battles was the most difficult for you?

For me, it was Avalugg. Everything I used did basically nothing, even after changing the field. It could be facing all of Charlotte's Pokemon at once in her superheated field, all of them with 6x attack/special attack boosts in sunny weather with choice band/specs//life orb/expert belt, with -6 defense and special defense and not even notice any of their attacks at the end of the turn. I don't think it even has a nervous system (it actually probably doesn't, considering it's an iceberg). Meanwhile all of its attacks did massive damage in return.

After that it was

2. Swalot

3. Magnezone

4. Abra

5. Tangrowth

6. Muk (I OHKO'd it with Psychic, lol)

I'll update the poll in future episodes.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found Tangroth (round three) to be the hardest for me. At this point of the game, you're still trying to put together a decent team, while facing off against a behemoth. That, coupled with the fact that you need to take out five other hostile Pokemon which are actively trying to shred any sense of self you have left, made that the hardest PULSE battle for me.

Muk ended up glitching/having issues with the field typing (making murky water become electric type due to the field being broken, and using it on a ground type.) Abra was whittled away thanks to it only using Hyper Beam, and Avalugg and Swalot both were destroyed by Perish Song.

The Tangrowth in Jasper Ward was a nightmare the first playthrough I did. I didn't have any good flying types and my only flame type was a simisear. Oh and it was raining so fire didn't work and I couldnt flip the field. it was much easier on other playthroughs though. So for rankings..

1. Tangrowth

2. Swalot (I had swapped my Luxray for a waterfall taxi)

3. Abra

4. Muk

5. Avalugg

Edited by Darth Luffy

I have to agree with the others in Tangrowth. All three of them. First time, you've just got your first badge and your team isn't meant to be handling what's basically a Mega Evolution. Second time isn't very much farther into the game either, plus it's in the same battle as Taka's infamous Chatot. Third time is the same as the second, except even worse.

Avalugg and tangrowth were both pretty difficult b/c of the way they just sponged hits. I beat them both by statusing them and just firing off as many hits as I could until they fainted, usually taking half my team in the process.

PULSE Tangrowth has given me trouble on multiple playthroughs because at the part of the game they appear I generally lack in options when against it because not only are Pokémon options massively limited at that point but I'm also always playing Reborn with further self made team building limits which generally leaves me with little options for those blasted PULSE Tangrowths.

Non of the other PULSE have really given me any trouble because I usually have a good enough team to deal with them easily by the time I encounter the other PULSE Pokémon. I suppose it is worth mentioning that the new PULSE Swalot actually gave me a decent amount of trouble but I've only versed it in one playthough so far so it could of just been an issue for that specific team and I won't know if it is really hard until I reach it in more playthroughs.

1) Tangrowth, because by that time in-game you don't have many options and the two Taka battles are hell.

2) Avalugg. My only Pokémon with a super-effective move due to the field were Metagross and Infernape, and Avalugg tanked physical hits pretty well.

3) Swalot. My Froslass froze the field, so it couldn't use Water Absorb to recover HP.

4) Muk. It's not as strong as most PULSEs and doesn't have Tangrowth's availiability issues.

5) Abra. I just let it kill something with Hyper Beam and OHKO it with Mamoswine.

PULSE Tangrowth was definitely the hardest for me on my first playthrough. I was still trying to learn gen 5 and 6 pokemon as well as build a useful team when I had to beat this thing. Definitely a wake up call to the difficulty of the game.

On a side note, Avalugg was pretty easy for me, as I just used Belly Drum on Hariyama and Close Combat 1 or 2 shot it.

The first Tangrowth is by far the hardest to me!

The only other one that challenged me that much was abra. My team was pretty well suited to the other ones and I strangely didn't find Swalot hard at all. I've heard it can be really hard!

The first time I played the game, the Tangrowth in Obsidia was a goddamn nightmare for me. I passionately hated it, and the field effect, and the fact that it had electric coverage against my poor lil' Noctowl. Which still managed to emerge victorious in the end, but oh boy.
I was not prepared to fight what's basically a mega evolution this early, so the first time I approached that battle, I was blissfully unaware of everything.

But overall, I'd say my biggest problem is always Muk. Maybe it's just because of my team preferences, but it's always such an exhausting battle for me.

Kind of amusing, because there's one exception to it, and that was my first playthrough. I got rid of the thing pretty easily back then.

But bleh. Takes me too many hits to get rid of it.

First playthrough, Delphox obliterated the Tangrowths (Chatot,tho), Muk... I think , Abra lost to Mightyena, Avalugg got into a stall match with Slurpuff, and Swalot got two-hitted by Luxray.

Fire Mono should have more issues, though, with two using STAB water attacks. (Chatot,tho), Muk got hit with STAB Magnitude 10, Abra lost to Houndoom, and Rotom-H obliterated Swalot. Wait... there were five different PULSE Pokemon? I only counted 3 :P

In the end, none of them posed difficulty, and were all defeated with damage as opposed to field change/D-bond/Perish.

...Until I see what Commander did in RHC. Then this might change.

all pulses ranked hardest to easiest

1:Tangrowth(3rd battle)

2:Swalot

3:Muk

4:Abra

5:Avalugg

6:Camerupt

But... Camerupt is so hard that you can't beat it yourself.

Edited by Cobalt996

When I first fought PULSE Tangrowth it gave me hell even though I had an advantage :/. But now ever since I got my Team that I am using now, Tangrowth had no chance in hell. I mean I have a fire/flying type on me. I think the other PULSE battles is gonna be just fine. Almost reaching PULSE Muk in my walkthrough.