Terrible Shiny Pokemon?

TaciturnPhoenix

Magmar and Magmortar even normally they look a bit goofy but the pink shinies just doesn't suit them at all. Also the Gothi line, another one that is only two shades from the original and with Gothita the only difference is they eyes. Machamp, Fearow, marowak, and Stantler are other mon that just look awful in green.

tyrantrum.gif

...This is just one of those Pokemon you're gonna LIKE if it's shiny, or you'll find some reason to loathe it. Tyrantrum does look really neat with all the shades of blue, but if I were to see one, I'd have to cheat and check it's typing to remember it's a Rock type.

dragonite.gif

....-sigh- ......They really don't treat the Dragon types very nicely. This is also similar to the Day-Glo Espeon thing. For a lot of things, Green a TERRIBLE Shiny swap.

and my ABSOLUTE least favorite

magmortar.gif

Disco inferno Magmortar here - is a tragic shiny. It's ALL over the NU ladder because people must think "It's my girlfriend's old Pokemon"....or that's what those pink shirts dudes wear say to justify their flamboyance. It's an eyesore. I get that the whole LINE suffers from this, but it's this kinda BS that makes me really dislike color swap use.

Complaints aside, FINDING a shiny is always thrilling.

• Upvote 1

Dragonite with that horrid puke green and crobat qith that pink whenever i see it i feel like its naked also i will kid you not no pokemon with either puke green or pink as its shiny color(if it did not have a shde of pink as its original main color) looks good even if they do very very scarce

dragonite.gif

....-sigh- ......They really don't treat the Dragon types very nicely. This is also similar to the Day-Glo Espeon thing. For a lot of things, Green a TERRIBLE Shiny swap.

and my ABSOLUTE least favorite

magmortar.gif

Disco inferno Magmortar here - is a tragic shiny. It's ALL over the NU ladder because people must think "It's my girlfriend's old Pokemon"....or that's what those pink shirts dudes wear say to justify their flamboyance. It's an eyesore. I get that the whole LINE suffers from this, but it's this kinda BS that makes me really dislike color swap use.

Complaints aside, FINDING a shiny is always thrilling.

I agree so much with these...

I think these awful shinies were the leading cause for the decision to make custom shinies for Reborn.

To me, some of the most horrible shinies are:

Spr_5b_461_m_s.pngPink and yellow Weavile,

Spr_5b_009_s.pngPinkSpr_5b_260_s.pngWaterSpr_5b_195_m_s.pngTypes,

Spr_5b_560_s.pngand poor, poor Scrafty.

Back in Gen 2, Hypno had a pretty shiny. Well, if eye-bleed magenta counts as pretty.

Gengar, Garchomp, and Vivillon all suffer from "too-similar-to-normal-form" syndrome. Shedinja almost joins them, with its Gen 6 sprite looking ever more like its normal one.

And, just to say it (though it's been said before) GREEN AND PIIIIINK. Right next to Gold/Yellow for the most Shinies, I think. Might do a count.

gengar

Spr_5b_094_s.png

if you thought this was its regular form, then you thought wrong.

For too long, I honestly thought that this was its regular sprite.

XY sprites did not help either.

agreed but its not bad just to similar but argubally one of the best mega shinies Spr_6x_094M_s.png

I personally think that this might be a good fit for this guy:

553.png

I mean, the color scheme isn't too bad. It's really just those tiny black, beady eyes that bother me. Even with how small they are, they just seem to stand out too much in my opinion.

Gengar, Garchomp, and Vivillon all suffer from "too-similar-to-normal-form" syndrome. Shedinja almost joins them, with its Gen 6 sprite looking ever more like its normal one.

^ Also this. Clefable comes close too. If it wasn't for the little bit of green on it's ear tips, you would probably barely notice the color change.

all green shinies ever, tbh. like y'know, the ones with those obnoxious shades of green. YEESH.

aaand of course, the shinies that have no actual difference with their regular forms.

like garchomp up there.

mega shiny is pretty though, in my opinion~

garchomp-mega.png

I think these awful shinies were the leading cause for the decision to make custom shinies for Reborn.

To me, some of the most horrible shinies are:

Spr_5b_461_m_s.pngPink and yellow Weavile,

Spr_5b_009_s.pngPinkSpr_5b_260_s.pngWaterSpr_5b_195_m_s.pngTypes,

Spr_5b_560_s.pngand poor, poor Scrafty.

yo leave those water types alone theyre fuckin great?? you cant tell me a pink or purple ocean aint your aesthetic

anyway lucarios shiny makes me cry even though i hate it either way but honestly look at this bullshit

448_Lucario_DP2_Shiny.png

• Upvote 1

yo leave those water types alone theyre fuckin great?? you cant tell me a pink or purple ocean aint your aesthetic

anyway lucarios shiny makes me cry even though i hate it either way but honestly look at this bullshit

448_Lucario_DP2_Shiny.png

Literally any other color scheme would have been more aesthetically pleasing.

lmao purple quagsire has to be the cutest Water-type, I give it a 10/10

shiny Nidoqueen is godawful tho. The shiny Nidoking line has it's colours match the normal Nidoqueen line, and vice versa with shiny Nidoran and Nidorina

aaaand then Nidoqueen is green.

gamefreak pls