"It's been over a month, how 'bout that new hold item?"

Amethyst

Don't forget the Magic Room shenanigans. Seems to be a fair bit of fun that can occur with that.

Or, better yet, Trick Room, Wonder Room, Magic Room triples team.

So... Inkay/Malamar gets to invert type effectiveness with this, I'm guessing... but only when your keyboard is flipped over, right?

Edited by Cobalt996
  • Upvote 1

Hhhhhhh Trick Room extensions

More than that, though, my Rainbow team is going to be very grateful for this thing. (If, y'know, I actually continue that playthrough. I probably will, it's been a lot of fun getting back into it~ Even if team adjustments have proven to be hell thus far...)

I do wonder what Pokemon that is, though... I'm almost frightened to find out, since I have a funny feeling that we'll be fighting it first.

Well....its not like its bad or nothing but for ME i often win by turning a field against the opponent like in rejuvenation (just for example) when i fight the ice leader eruption camerupt saved the day and i sweeped her team. so MAYBE i need it but for now i'll just save it for the future.

After all, come E16, one line of Pokemon will be able to use it to reverse a type match-up completely. Can you guess which?

Ooh can't even think of potential mons that can fulfill this. I'm getting curious

• Veterans

How about it, then?

yeah yeah i'm slow

Though I've already dropped more than enough hints about it by now, I'll formally introduce the Amplifield Rock!

M9j9BD3.png

The Amplifield Rock joins its companions such as Damp Rock et al. as a somewhat rarer variant in the line of prolonging stones. But it would not be rare if it did not have some value.

Originally contrived as an item to enable Field Effect-based teams to play on their home turf a little longer, the Amplifield Rock extends the effect of all generated Field Effects by several turns, so you can get a little more Rainbow, Mist, or what have you in your life. Note that this applies specifically to generated field effects, as in when you create an effect, and not when you're temporarily transforming an existing effect such as Dark Crystal Cavern to Crystal Cavern.

But wait, there's more!

Not to be overlooked by those uninterested in running Field-specific teams, the Amplifield Rock has a couple other neat uses. You'll note that the description does not specify Field Effects, but rather area-altering moves. That does include Field Effects, but also things such as Gravity and-- dare I say it? Trick Room.

Maybe being slow won't be so bad after all...

Used correctly, this new item makes options that once might have been written off as gimmicks into something practical. It may be for themed teams or just those looking to exploit an opponent's strengths as much as their weaknesses... After all, come E16, one line of Pokemon will be able to use it to reverse a type match-up completely. Can you guess which?

...wait

If this amplifies trick room, would a field that also amplifies TR double this? Because items like these usually amplify it for an extra 3 turns, however the several part is ambiguous meaning it could be more or less than that(More likely more). Radomus could get a large boost from this if this is true, and he actually starts using TR more frequently. Regardless, nice item. Gravity is an interesting choice, stuff like Hydro Pump Spam and other moves are much more useful with this.

• Upvote 1