Abridged Series

Meruem

First and foremost,

if you've never seen this, get out. You're not welcome here bruh. Now, onto the actual thread. Abridged series are basically fandubs where the original script is altered in order to turn even the most serious shows into ridiculously fucking amazing comedies. And they're one of the reasons why I'm so glad anime exists.

Some days ago, I was hanging out with some friends and one of them mentioned the code ment soup clip and how he found it so funny. Since then, I started rewatching a bunch of abridged classics and even found new ones that are just as funny as those. Needless to say, all I come across on my youtube front page now is this. Here are some of my favorite abridged anime:

Also, this one shouldn't even classify as an abridged series because it's an official english dub. However, the script for this was just so fucking well done, and to me, it's one of the funniest comedies of all time. It is godlike and perfect in every single way and stands above every single abridged series that has been made. Ghost Stories Dub.

I'm leaving some of the best parts here so that you can witness how godly this shit is, but please watch the anime episodes instead, it's two cours of pure greatness.

Feel free to share any abridged series you enjoyed. Any fandub that you think applies to this, even if short, is welcome here.

Only abridged I've ever watched is Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged, and it was hilarious. I'll probably check some of these other ones out if I have time, such as the Code Geass one. Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged left me with good expectations.

Code MENT is pure comedy gold. The ride just never stops. I remember when I first found it five years ago…good times…

That being said, Faulerro's stuff is also good. Like Null Metal Alchemist, Higurashi-Onikakushi-hen Abridged, and Dangan Ronpa Abridged Thing.

You also can't go wrong with TFS.

And lastly, you can't go wrong with Ezekieru's Index'd.

As Reborn forum's resident Index fan, I love it…to death.

Magi abridged??

How have I never heard of this?

Also, purpleeyeswtf for best abridgements, y/n?

holy shit, Magi abridged is the best thing since TFS

"god what a pussy, you need to be a real man like ja'far

I SWEAR TO GOD IMA FLASH YOU WITH THE PROOF

i don't want to see ur dick ja'far

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT"

also purpleeyeswtf = abridgment lord

I haven't watched all that many abridged series when it comes to anime, but I do like abridging in general

This is the series that got me into abridgings:

Most recently I watched Meduka Meguca: The Animation, which sadly didn't get very far but was hilarious anyways