Digimon Adventure Tri

Godot

I always really enjoyed this series. (even though I haven't watched past season 3) And I was pretty hyped when this series got announced. So far I enjoy some of what they are doing with characters and animation, even though I enjoy a lot of the goofy campyness of the american dub. I also want to hear an updated Di-di-di-Digimon song. So far the show gets a B-/C+ from me. What are some of your guy's opinions?

Edit: remember to keep spoilers in spoiler tags.

I liked it as well. Very nostalgic to see all of them grown up as teenagers in high school. I guess my quirks were how some of the fight scenes were done as well as how they just threw in a new character and didn't really develop upon it, but other than that I found it enjoyable.

My rating for the show so far is B / B-, i love the new animation for their evolutions and they still retain their personality from the original series.

I was yearning for more appearances of second generation digidestined kids, i also miss their quirks, especially Daisuke/Davis' levity

• 3 weeks later...

the brave hard song has been changed a little bit, in a more awesome version. i have already download the song and i hear it daily like a maniac, as well as the butter-fly.

I will give to the anime a B+ or A- because the way its worked(colors) it reminds me the digimon movies, which doesnt give me the chills. Also the plot have a holl. Yes the digimon have problem and the world need help. But.........where is the advent.2 digidestints. Yes they get hitted by Alfamon at the start of the anime but the heroes doesn't know it!!! why doesn't shearch for them????

Edited by Pausaunias

• 2 months later...

Well, Digimon Adventure tri. 2:Ketsui aired awhile ago and I have to say compared to part one, this definitely an improvement. Aside from the fact not much happens with the first two episodes, you definitely get to see more of characters and their mindsets. Particularly with Joe and Mimi, which I prefer over the duo of Taichi and Yamato. Animation still has its issues, but it has improved alongside the music.

Overall, you'll most likely enjoy this if you love Digimon as a whole. Also, the last episode in particular brought up a lot of speculation so I'll wait for others to watch it before discussing it.

EDIT: Here are some things I found online that bothered me as well. Beware spoilers.

> Joe spends 95% movie moping about cowardice and being an adult

> Kari says two sentences...10 seconds later Joe and Gomamon bond goes Ultimate
> Mimi never got over her ego problem
> Joe says one sentence...5 seconds later Mimi and Palmon bond goes Ultiamte
> No one comments on destroying Imperialdramon who is supposed to be their friend from 02
> No one talks to Ken or even tries to interact with him

another reason to hate Mimi more xD

gomamon and palmon evolving to mega was a bit weird champ-use attack - ulti- use attack would have been better if they have just warp evolved

another thing that Simon already mentioned is about 02 squad. I mean have they forgotten about them or something? In first movie you could see them fight against Alphamon and it look like they lost. And after that we get nothing about them. Weren't they supposed to be going to same school as Takeru and Hikari?

so Meincoonmon is a reason for digimons being infected so Alphamon and Hackmon are after Meincoonmon but that still doesn't explain why did Alphamon attack 02 squad

another reason to hate Mimi more xD

gomamon and palmon evolving to mega was a bit weird champ-use attack - ulti- use attack would have been better if they have just warp evolved

another thing that Simon already mentioned is about 02 squad. I mean have they forgotten about them or something? In first movie you could see them fight against Alphamon and it look like they lost. And after that we get nothing about them. Weren't they supposed to be going to same school as Takeru and Hikari?

so Meincoonmon is a reason for digimons being infected so Alphamon and Hackmon are after Meincoonmon but that still doesn't explain why did Alphamon attack 02 squad

maybe Alphamon attacked them because they were protecting Meicoomon? We only ever saw their silouhettes...

The reason why Mimi and Joe got their ultimate Evolution is simple - the 'Prophecy' of knowing the Darkness and go beyond:

as mentioned Joe was always moping about being an adult and question his role as DigiDestined and the fighting - it was his lowest point - and he knew it! He knew his 'Darkness' and at this point he went beyond it - he overcome it, accepted it.

also his Destined sign is Reliability - which he was not until that point! When Gomamon needed him the most, he was there for him as Gomamon mentioned: "I have been waiting" - Gomamon knew Joe would come to help him, even though they had this dispute...

Mimi always was this self-centered person, and when Koshiro, her obvious love interest, mentioned it straight to her face that this was a bad thing. She was at her lowest point and tried to be something she is not - That was her 'Darkness'. When Joe mentioned that it was ok to be like this -she accepted that she doesn't need to change who she is.

it also fits with her Destined Sign of honesty - She wasn't honest to herself, she overcome it a bit earlier and Joe, without realizing it(!), at the Cafe - but after Joe mentioned it during the fight she realized it.

and the thing is: they CAN'T Warp-evolve! it is Agumon and Gabumon only! because of the prophecy in the first season. The Warp-Evolve is a result of that Angemon/Angewomon Lightshot a loved-one thing!

Taichis Agumon and Yamatos Gabumon are literally the only Digimon we EVER saw using Warp-evolve across ALL Seasons.

As for the 02-Squad well have you looked at the coloring of Imperialdramon? it wasn't its original color of Imperialdramon - It was most likely some "Dark-Clone" of the Digimon-Emperor.

And why they didn't interact with Ken - well... they DIDN'T HAVE THE CHANCE!

Ken was always out of reach! - and how do you interact with someone who doesn't interact with you?

when theysaw him he was already behind the distortions barrier. I mean, yeah they could have screamed at him like "What the fuck are you doing being the Digimon Emperor again??" but he was silent the whole time, he never needed to answer.

and I bet the other 3 are WITH HIM on this(!) for some reason...

but yeah that they are like never mentioned is odd, and isn't it like a few years later since 02? maybe they graduated to different schools?

although I think they will be the last, like always... I hope we get to see Seraphimon and Ophanimon soon. I always wanted to seem wreck everything with Angelic Justice!

edit:

and one thing that really bothers me:

at the end when Leomon died, Himekawa (the Agent-Lady) SMILED! (in that double screen showing her and the Agent-Guy)

one comment argues that :

In the very first episode it showed that the 02 kids were taken out but Ken was nowhere to be found. I think Himekawa is using him somehow which is how they got Alphamon to appear. I think Meicoomon might be another Guilmon and is an artificially created digimon who was made by Himekawa. Either way she can't be trusted and I think she's using all the digidestined to test out her fake digimon's abilities.

your oppionions?

Edited by Cepheus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Ok.... just watched Tri. 3: Kokuhaku

and holy canelloni!

First it's a feels train, and in the end it is again "WTF IS ACTUALLY GOING ON HERE?"

I don't want to spoil it yet - since most of you (most likely) have yet to see it / realize it's out

man... on a scale from 1 to 10 I literally can't even...

Edited by Cepheus

I KNOW RIGHT?

When it was revealed to be young Genai, I was like "WHAT THE ACTUAL ...???" and then suddenly there is Himekawa with that creepy grin on her face and my jaw just dropped... I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

AND IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!

and she even had that smile when she allowed them to go back there - WHAT IS UP WITH THAT WOMAN?

but I'm a bit sad that we only got one Ultimate this time... with all the build up I really hoped to see Patamon making his ultimate into Seraphimon.

and wow Ultra-Level(?) Meicoomon looked awesome! They did a really great job with that on.

and oh my god... can Takeru and Hikari just kiss already? - I mean the first scene was so... oh god... just do it already!

Edited by Cepheus