New Madoka Magica movie announced!

Zumi

• Veterans

So, appearantly a trailer for a new Puella Magi Madoka Magica movie has been shown off at MADOGATARI expo! The information I've found here is as follows:

Summary of new Madoka☆Magica movie’s trailer at MADOGATARI exhibition.

映像は計4分
最初の1分が叛逆の冒頭な感じ。神話な感じでまどかとほむらが一緒に喋る。映像はまどかバレエ、最後には拍手する悪魔らしき人物
その後は怒涛のラッシュ
杏子ちゃんキレてて
さやかちゃん魔女化で魔獣戦
安定のマミほむ(くー)対立
そしてなぎさちゃんは探偵ごっこ

I’m not the one who watched this concept movie, which is showing off at MADOGATARI exhibition from today. I just tried to translate what he summaried:

- This longs about 4 minutes.
- In first minute, things happen just what we saw in Rebellion. Madoka and Homura talk together about something likes fairy-tales. The image is Madoka performing her ballet, and the Devil clapping her hands at the end of the show.
- Next is like a rush of angry waves.
- Kyouko is exhausting.
- Sayaka (dead body?) turns into her witch-form and fights againt the Wraith. Before that, her soul-gem fully got dark.
- It seems Mami and cool-Homura will get another fight.
- And Nagisa plays a detective game.

Additional information:
- Madoka gets a new magical-girl costume. It’s cute, but exposes her flesh a bit much…
- Super, very cool Mami.

idk about you guys but i'm really curious what the trailer is going to look like once it's released :0

Edited by Mettaton

Call me skeptical…
I'll watch it whenever it comes out, but I sure as hell refuse to get hyped up.
It could just be my cynicism caused by my waiting for any news about Nanoha the Movie 3rd: Reflections speaking though..

• Support Squad

soo... what is this mad joke a shit about?

im clueless and i want to know why everyone is hyped ;-;

It is the poster child for why magical girl anime are genuinely capable of telling a serious story

soo... what is this mad joke a shit about?

im clueless and i want to know why everyone is hyped ;-;

It's an extremely well done anime based on the mahou shoujo formula and centered around telling a compelling story. Unless you want spoilers you don't want me to say more (although chances of you not getting spoilered are minimal if you inquire about it before watching it) It's on Netflix currently if you're interested in watching it

IM SO FUCKING EXCITED RN LIKE HOLY SHIT

And we get EVEN MORE of Mami being best girl badass? This is perfect.

Murdoc plz, Kyoko is clearly best girl

Also, yes, I am excited. Although I probably won't be watching it for several months after it comes out, gotta cut through some of my backlog that grows more every day

Call me skeptical…

I'll watch it whenever it comes out, but I sure as hell refuse to get hyped up.

same stance here. the original anime was alright and even the movie sequel took an interesting twist, rather than just being a cash grab sequel that doesn't add much to the original story (looking at you steins;gate movie). however, from this small teaser, it doesn't seem to me like it's going to be any decent. urobuchi is pretty good at what he does, but when it comes to sequels, he doesn't seem to give a shit about anything as long as they dont have a proper ending (looking at you psycho-pass 2/movie).