Favorite Cheese Play :o

Tempest Admin Eon

Honestly only unskilled noobs use cheese and if you are actually good at the game you don't need it.

ahahahahahahaha

I'm joking of course a little bit of cheese is always fun

I'm very fond of F.E.A.R

not very original but you can't argue with results. there was nothing like betting your friends that you could beat their level 100 mewtwo with nothing but a level 1 Ratatta and watching the sheer surprise on their face when you did.

I scammed earned many sweets with that tactic when I was a lot younger.

• 5 months later...

FEAR if far from ideal.

As for doubles, use a Slaking side-by-side with a scarfed Skill Swap pokemon.

Another one I have seen is a Whimsicott with 0IV, -EV (in Atk) that uses Beat-up on a fellow Terrakion to boost it to +6 in one turn.

Gimmick =/= banned, shitty or skilless moves.

My idea of workable gimmicks would be things which can perform a unique, unexpected or uncommon role just as well as their usual roles, even better due to the surprise value.

Examples:

1. Baton Pass Mega Scizor: standard fat spdef MegaZor with SD and Roost, and double BP: Bullet Punch and Baton Pass. Instead if running a coverage move, this Mon makes the ideal Passer: it's fat, has recovery, still hits like a truck with its tech-boosted BPs and can not only grab momentum like with U-turn but also suddenly bring in a +2 Lando-T or Kyu-B to commence murderizing everything. Works well to eliminate fairies so Kyu-B can end life with +2 or even higher Outrages.

2. Counter Alakazam and Weavile: Counter + Focus Sash is workable on fast, frail Revenge Killers like Alakazam and Weavile, since they usually can be destroyed by any physical hit, be knocked down to 1HP if their sashes are intact, and proceed to nab a surpise KO against mons they normally could not have, like Scizor. Alakazam has Magic Guard to switch in even on Ro ks and preserve its Sash, whilst Weavile can have Ice Shard to pick the foe off.

2. Counter Alakazam and Weavile: Counter + Focus Sash is workable on fast, frail Revenge Killers like Alakazam and Weavile, since they usually can be destroyed by any physical hit, be knocked down to 1HP if their sashes are intact, and proceed to nab a surpise KO against mons they normally could not have, like Scizor. Alakazam has Magic Guard to switch in even on Ro ks and preserve its Sash, whilst Weavile can have Ice Shard to pick the foe off.

Counter Weavile. Don't show that to Bibs... although I like the idea on Zam. Hm. Hm.

That is indeed a horrible gimmick. Didn't you have a status move like Toxic to whittle him down? Or did he have the forethought to have Rest on that Raichu?

Substitute is all he needs, as Raichu outspeeds all relevant Toxic inducers. I have only seen that with an Electrode but Mold Breaker is a thing.

Yeah, unbreakable sub. One of my Pokemon was Scarf locked into Discharge, which didn't help. The turn I wasted switching it out was all he needed.

• 4 months later...