[Recruiting GFX Artist] [POLL] Pokemon Darkness

pbood2

Pokemon Darkness Updates  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Would you as players not play the game because it had splices even if the development team thought they fit well for the concept of the delta pokemon?

• Yes, having splices is considered lazy and unprofessional for a game to have
    • No, if you believe they fit well for the pokemon concept then I trust the dev team
    • No but maybe try to have a lower amount of splices than original sprites so the whole game isn't overrun by spliced pokemon
    • No but only if I can't tell what pokemon were part of the splices

UPDATE August 11, 2016 - Team Darkness is looking for an experienced GFX Artist so if you are interested in joining this awesome project, please PM me or BlueMoonIceCream thanks. :)

H7HMad7.png

I am doing a game called Pokemon Darkness which I wanted to strongly do because I have had a love of fan-games ever since Reborn, Rejuvenation and Insurgence were made. Through working on Revolution and gaining development experience, it made me a much better person and I learned a lot through that experience and game’s development. What makes my game great and the reason you should join Darkness is because it combines the two different playstyles and worlds of Mystery Dungeon games and usual Pokemon gameplay into one giving players a wide variety to experience throughout the game. I have completed the episode 1 story for the most part, thought of the general plot, worlds, characters, have bios for characters in episode 1 for the game, etc and I have come to the point where I would need a motivated and patient team to help me make the game the best it can be. Just as an addition, I would like to let all potential applicants know that they will always be able to give their feedback/opinions on everything within the project and will be vital to making the game the best possible. I might have most of episode 1’s story done but if the new team has criticisms and suggestions for improvements, I’m willing to take them into thought when doing the story for example. I will make sure to keep a positive environment for the team as much as possible and to be communicative and supportive of what the team does.

Features

• Level caps

• 2 different evil teams in the game

• 12 badges and Elite Six

• Personalized TMs as in each gym leader will have their own TMs

• Different movesets, typings and stats as necessary for Pokemon who need them or deserve them - example: Luxray is electric mono but it should have been dark too.

• Multiple Difficulties (Normal and Hard)

• Different types of Pokemon exclusive to Pokemon Darkness - Darkened and Delta Pokemon like Deltas from the TCG

• Characters seen in the game will be in side plots (side plots for episode 1 are known)

• Sidequests present in the two worlds of the game and as the player progresses through the game and pathways for storyline are present

• Different ways to evolve Pokemon will be implemented - special circumstances such as the partner gotten from MD evolves at set points in the game

Plot: Pokemon Darkness takes place in 2 worlds which are very different from each other but that will be connected through something happening in the MD world which opens the connection with Gaia (the human world). Throughout Darkness, the player will battle the rising threat in both worlds and will see different sides to the evil organization and the two worlds they will explore.

Elements of Darkness that separate it from other fan-games out there include that the game will have an interesting and attention grabbing plot that players would love to experience through playing the game. I am not afraid to deviate from the Pokemon formula if I feel it’s necessary such as having 12 leaders (instead of 8 or 18) and Elite Six instead of the usual 4. Another attribute that makes my game great is that not only will you see and experience characters in the game but at the end of current plots, you will be able to experience what they have in what I call side plots and I haven’t seen another fan-game yet with this feature.

What We Need:

Currently, Pokemon Darkness is looking for an experienced GFX artist for making cutscenes and support banners for Pokemon Darkness. If you are interested, please contact me, Micky or JakeLong through PM or by posting on this thread and we appreciate all the help we can get. Thanks.

Screenshots: (More will be added as progress is made and every 2 weeks on Saturdays)

BD0UG6k.png

First gym leader Rosario's trainer sprite is completed thanks to SHIA from Reborn's amazing work and time put in. We at Darkness really appreciate them making the sprite for us.

Iy27Tqz.png

This logo is the official Team Darkness logo.

dVCexMr.png

zfDJy21.png

Here's Evergreen City, the city of the first Gym Leader Rosario. I removed the image of Evergreen because it is being redone by me over time. In addition, I am pleased to reveal the OW for Rosario and multicultural lass OW and part of the first route of the game heading towards a lab building. The maps are in progress but I feel confident in showing the progress we are making over time. :)

UPDATE: April 21, 2016

VHYA9do.png

This art is of the Delta Grotle and Torterra. Hope you like them.

VxvfbJf.png4JJQZnw.png

Male or Female Main Characters of Pokemon Darkness. This is only one version of each gender. We will be having 3 versions of each gender by the end of Episode 1 development for sure.

0i9TRKG.png VISGCEK.png

This is Mia, the first rival you encounter in Pokemon Darkness. She`s a 22 year old flirty woman who`s also very kind towards the player. You and her will be sure to get into adventure together throughout the story. Her trainer battle sprite was done by Shia just like Rosario's. The overworld was done by my spriters.

9fjYtPJ.png

This is the OW of the multicultural youngster trainer class in Pokemon Darkness. Like the lass above in the last update and the youngster in this one, there will be more multicultural sprites for trainer classes in the future. We hope you guys like this concept.

NEW TRAINER CLASSES FOR EPISODE 1:

pLG8FNa.png

x9KVERr.png

Like I said in yesterday`s post, if you can guess the trainer class for either of these, you have a chance to be an alpha or beta tester for Pokemon Darkness. Next update I will reveal the names of these.

Names been guessed by Cronos of Reborn. The first one is the new trainer class Birdwatcher and the second is the Botanist. Both will be featured in the beginning area of Pokemon Darkness which is in a forest.

NEW POKEMON IN Pokemon Darkness:

nLXvDID.pngWy9rvDK.pngKX5vupn.pngri2bpBl.png

This is Delta Poliwhirl and Poliwrath. They were normal Poliwhirl and Poliwrath with a special genetic defect until they decided to move to the desert where a sandstorm came and activated their special gene changing their appearance and allowing them to absorb the sand and rocks from sandstorms.

X4eaEuI.pngIHJslto.pngAJUF57P.pngoAoiXJP.pngLPgpnzf.png3drCw6x.png

Delta Snorunt are Snorunt with a special gene which fell into a volcano and instead of melting and dying, they came out of the volcano having taken in the lava and mastering the power of fire. Delta Glalie are evolved Delta Snorunts which have fully mastered the power of fire and become strong enough to release the lava within so it drips from their body.

ScKoIej.png

Delta Spiritomb are normal Spiritomb who went too close to an electrical field and so it's souls and body became electrified and electricity crackles around its body.

A6pxEXm.pngZ3nKd38.png51Ny9Zw.png1q5abIY.png

Delta Grotle are Grotle which live in tundras and changed to adapt to the icy and snowy conditions of the tundra by changing it's trees with icebergs and increasing their body temperature to blazing hot temperatures. Delta Torterra are evolved Delta Grotles which have grown their icebergs and adapted an icy volcano which is always active because of the blazing hot temperatures inside its body.

June 20, 2016 Pokemon Darkness Update

To begin the update, we are showing the new and improved Team Darkness grunts.

Zk9skZ0.png6PC8Yix.png

These are more than just generic grunts but more like the Dames and Knights of Reborn where you will notice each of these members of Team Darkness have a unique personality. We hope you enjoy getting to know them.

Next up is the Vs Sprites for important characters you will be battling in Episode 1

i4x6IYy.png

Obviously, you can't introduce a rival and not have a battle happen between the player and said rival. That's just not logical. This is Mia as previously announced in other previous updates.

tnbpvH5b.jpg

This mysterious and hidden man will be a pivotal plot character. You will be seeing him quite often throughout North Gaia. He only has one pokemon when you first meet him and you won't be able to see his appearance until a later episode.

vXauqbX.png

This is Rosario's vs sprite when you challenge him for a gym badge. He will be a tough challenge so make sure you prepare because main battles in Darkness will be tougher than other fangames. ;)

z56PaBVb.jpguY4twwl.png

This is a character who will combat the player at a certain point in the episode. He's going to be like a mini-boss so good luck. A better vs sprite is available now so I will update this post with it when imgur stops being difficult.

Last but certainly not least,

JU8DNcn.jpg

The official Starters of Pokemon Darkness as the art shows: Tirtouga, the water/rock type, Joltik, the bug/electric type and Golett, the ghost/ground type. We hope you like this selection because this is all you can pick as a starter for Gaia.

Music

BEING WORKED ON CURRENTLY SO PLEASE BE PATIENT. :)

Thanks for your interest and checking this out and have a great day/night.

P.S. I would just like to thank my good friends Trevo, Commander, Jacobliterator, Amethyst, Arkhidon, Micky33000000 and the Se7en team for helping make this thread the best it can be and I greatly appreciated all their help for this game so far. If I have forgotten anyone who helped, I'm sorry and know your help was also appreciated.

Pokemon Darkness NOW HAS A TWITTER which you can follow for game development and updates and some of the team will be tweeting along with me over time. We hope you are hyped as we work on this because we promise it will be amazing.

The Twitter is @@PokemonXDrkness if you're interested in seeing the twitter.

July 15th, 2016 - Pokemon Darkness Twitter is back and running so follow if you want to see some updates and information over time. :D

From now on, Pokemon Darkness as suggested by Trevore will be doing a Corocoro leak kind of thing but every two weeks on Saturday, I will show more aspects of Darkness. One hint coming in the next leak is the layout for the game's releases. I hope you're excited for everything to come.

Progress:

GRAPHICS

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | Trainer sprites (90%)

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | Overworld sprites (66%)

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | VS Sprites (80%) 1 in progress

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | Tilesets (75%)

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | Mapping (10%)

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | Overall (56%)

STORY/EVENTING

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | Story for Episode 1 (95%)

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | Sidequests/Post-game stuff (30%)

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | Dialogue written (20%)

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | Eventing (0%)

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | Overall (35%)

TECHNICAL STUFF

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | Trainer battles (0%)

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | PBS File editing stuff (0%)

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | Scripting (10%)

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | MORE EVENTING (0%)

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | Overall (5%)

MISC

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | Pre-Alpha Testing (0%)

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | Alpha Testing (0%)

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | Beta Testing (0%)

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | Music (10%) - Had to start over when a teammate left and took their music with them. Just got a new composer so hopefully we can get some music out soon. :)

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | Official art (?%)

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | Overall (20%)

OVERALL PROGRESS:

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # | (30%)

Edited by pbood2
  • Upvote 4

Obviously I can't be part of the team of this game but I have a few suggestions for the recruitment thread.

Firstly, I'd change the name to something like Recruiting: Pokemon Darkness just to let people who might be interested in joining a team know that this thread has a game that is trying to recruit.

Secondly, I'd make the part where you say the qualifications you need a bit separate from the rest of the post. Currently it is thrown into the middle of information about the game making it not all that obvious where it starts if someone was skimming the thread. I would at least bold the part that says Roles and Preferred Qualifications to make the thread a little easier to read.

But overall, it is great to see you got the courage to make the thread and I wish you well with the game and finding a team :D

• Upvote 1

Obviously I can't be part of the team of this game but I have a few suggestions for the recruitment thread. I understand and good luck with Regal. :D

Firstly, I'd change the name to something like Recruiting: Pokemon Darkness just to let people who might be interested in joining a team know that this thread has a game that is trying to recruit.

Okay I did this and I was going to do that in the first place but I forgot so thanks for reminding me and pointing it out.

Secondly, I'd make the part where you say the qualifications you need a bit separate from the rest of the post. Currently it is thrown into the middle of information about the game making it not all that obvious where it starts if someone was skimming the thread. I would at least bold the part that says Roles and Preferred Qualifications to make the thread a little easier to read.

But overall, it is great to see you got the courage to make the thread and I wish you well with the game and finding a team :DThanks for the suggestions, I implemented them at least doing the bold to make the thread easier to understand. Yeah it took a lot of courage to post this because I wanted the thread to be really well done so it can appeal to potential members of the game. Thanks for the well wishes and you're awesome. :D

Hello Dragon. Oh okay that's fine then but if your situation changes and you would like to help, just let me know. :) Sure you can be a beta tester when it's available. Have a great day/night.

Honchy sure you can be a spriter but can I see some previous work you have done through a pm please. Thanks for your interest. :)

I guess I can do some help. :/ I'm not that good but I am good with spriting ideas. :D

That could be helpful it's always better to take other people's thoughts and ideas into consideration

I have RPGMaker XP, but I don't have much experience with it or much free time at the moment. I'll be willing to beta test when it becomes available though.

That's fine, beta testing will be important, we'll let you know once it becomes available

• Upvote 1

You can count me in on beta testing

Sure Pata you can be a beta tester.

Since people are already interested in being beta testers, I think it is a good time to explain what beta testers would do.

If you become a beta tester, I will expect you to provide bug reports so the coding/programming and other bugs can be addressed and fixed for a better experience later. In addition, I will expect you to be harsh and critical and to provide lots of feedback on everything that makes the game because that way it can be improved. Anything else a beta tester usually does that I missed? Please let me know and I'll edit this later.

It seems like a pretty interesting project so far. Is there anymore development on it so far, as towards characters and areas, or is it still just the idea?

There's a lot of development actually. Like I mentioned in the main post, most of episode 1 story as well as characters appearing in that episode are known and their personalities and bios are known. The human world known as Gaia and the design of it is also known and we are in progress of working on the region map for Gaia. There's a lot more we have such as gym leader order, elite 6 order, who's bad and good etc. Did I answer your question well? ;D

I wouldn't mind being a beta tester if there are still some free slots. I'm on the hunt for some good pokemon games on RPG maker, and being able to contribute would be friggin sweet.

Sure you can be a beta tester. Thanks for your interest and I hope when the game is released, it will be one of those good pokemon games you want and I agree that being able to contribute to a developing project would be/is sweet. It's much appreciated. :D

I'll post here in the main post if we have enough beta testers so if anyone knew to the thread is interested, feel free to ask. Thanks.

Sure you can be a beta tester. Thanks for your interest and I hope when the game is released, it will be one of those good pokemon games you want and I agree that being able to contribute to a developing project would be/is sweet. It's much appreciated. :D

I'll post here in the main post if we have enough beta testers so if anyone knew to the thread is interested, feel free to ask. Thanks.

Awesome! Looking forward to it. Seems like an interesting and unique game. Thanks again for the opportunity bro :D. Also, I have a little experience with hacking (decent experience programming in Java). I tried making a pokemon hack but the fact that I use a Macbook greatly limited what I could do. So if programming is similar to hacking, I could probably get into coding in RPG maker depending on how compatible it is with my mac, in case you're accepting programmers/coders.

Edited by Skullgasher

Sounds good to me. I generally interact with every tile I possibly can out of habit more than anything (Hidden items will be the death of me one day), so finding something wrong with them is second nature. Also, speaking of gyms, how difficult is this game planned to be? I might be able to help with gym/E4 teams assuming it's not too easy.

Awesome! Looking forward to it. Seems like an interesting and unique game. Thanks again for the opportunity bro :D. Also, I have a little experience with hacking (decent experience programming in Java). I tried making a pokemon hack but the fact that I use a Macbook greatly limited what I could do. So if programming is similar to hacking, I could probably get into coding in RPG maker depending on how compatible it is with my mac, in case you're accepting programmers/coders.

Thanks for the compliments. I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I don't know if hacking is the same as coding/programming but if other people let me know it is, then since we are looking for coder/programmers (experienced or people willing to improve their current skills), if you are interested, please pm me and micky soon so we can talk to you about working with us to make the game. :D RPG Maker XP after doing some research is available on Mac but requires a bit of extra steps to make it work and if that's okay with you, it's fine with us.

Thanks and have a great night/day.

In response to Krim, that's awesome then and I'm glad to have you as a beta tester then. Difficulty of the game is I would say somewhere around Reborn and sure if you can think of suggestions for improving teams, we'll be glad to hear them and implement them if we agree with them. :D It's not too easy trust me. The ace of the first leader is a fully evolved (legit and possible) pokemon so it's tough at the start at least. In the development of this game, I'm going episode by episode so I overload on everything.

Edited by pbood2

Thanks for the compliments. I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I don't know if hacking is the same as coding/programming but if other people let me know it is, then since we are looking for coder/programmers (experienced or people willing to improve their current skills), if you are interested, please pm me and micky soon so we can talk to you about working with us to make the game. :D RPG Maker XP after doing some research is available on Mac but requires a bit of extra steps to make it work and if that's okay with you, it's fine with us.

I sent you a PM.

I would also like to participate in some way with this project. I'm 100% willing and will be glad to learn the programming/coding, but if that's full, I'll gladly be a beta tester.
Both the trainer Pokemon games and the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games have really captivated me and I would absolutely love to see how they combine. If I can make any addition to the game, please let me know. I really wanna see this take off and would love to be able to know that I helped it become what it is.

• Upvote 1

Seems like a fangame with a lot of potential. I can sprite somewhat, but due to school and stuff I usually lack the time. However, if you need a little bit of help then you can PM me for some spriting ideas and such. And I can assist testing the game when the Beta comes out

Good luck with the game!

I would also like to participate in some way with this project. I'm 100% willing and will be glad to learn the programming/coding, but if that's full, I'll gladly be a beta tester.

Both the trainer Pokemon games and the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games have really captivated me and I would absolutely love to see how they combine. If I can make any addition to the game, please let me know. I really wanna see this take off and would love to be able to know that I helped it become what it is.

Hello Umbri. I appreciate that you would like to participate and there is definitely lots of opportunity to do so. You can definitely be a beta tester and since you are willing to learn about programming and coding, I added you to the PM with skullgasher to see what we are discussing since it is very vital for you to know about we are talking about.

You are awesome and a great member for this game because you have the same love as I do for pokemon and Mystery Dungeon and that's why I wanted to try to do a game which features and implements both types of game. You can make additions at the least by giving constructive feedback on what is being done anytime you feel and the team will be sure to pay attention and see if we can implement what you are saying. :D

Thanks for the kind words and for wanting to see this take off.

Have a great night/day.

Seems like a fangame with a lot of potential. I can sprite somewhat, but due to school and stuff I usually lack the time. However, if you need a little bit of help then you can PM me for some spriting ideas and such. And I can assist testing the game when the Beta comes out

Thanks for the kind words. If you would like to help with spriting, you can take your time and still be a huge help. Just PM me so I know you are interested and so I can PM you for spriting ideas. You can definitely be a beta tester though. :D

Good luck with the game!

I have a question for everyone. When people say spriting ideas, what do you mean? Do you mean I can give you ideas

and you sprite or asking you for ideas on how the Darkness game sprites should look? Both you and Honchy said

something relating to spriting ideas and I just wanted to clarify what you meant.

Edited by pbood2

That sounds good, I am also going to learn coding myself so it should be a good experience

Good luck with the game!

We do need spriters, so any contribution is a big help and thanks for the kind words

UPDATE: First gym leader sprite is completed thanks to SHIA's amazing work and time put in. We at Darkness really appreciate them making the sprite for us.

Can you guess what the first gym type will be? First, make a guess without looking at the spoiler then look afterwards. :D

94IlaSj.png

BD0UG6k.png

Hope this shows the game is doing well for development so far. Thanks and have a great day/night. :D

Edited by pbood2
  • Upvote 1

Super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-new-challenge

:o :O :o Who is it? Who is it? Is it Sora? HMM!?!?!?! TELL ME NOW!!!!

*cough* Um sorry about that, hello there, I'm !HC! PokeLuke wait, no Jamaka2001 damn...

I'm Solarance, and I will be joining the team as the PBS editor.

For those who don't know what the PBS files are, TL;DR they are the files that make the game read data...

So, yeah... Expect to never see me! :D

Super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-new-challenge

:o :o :o Who is it? Who is it? Is it Sora? HMM!?!?!?! TELL ME NOW!!!!

*cough* Um sorry about that, hello there, I'm !HC! PokeLuke wait, no Jamaka2001 damn...

I'm Solarance, and I will be joining the team as the PBS editor.

For those who don't know what the PBS files are, TL;DR they are the files that make the game read data...

So, yeah... Expect to never see me! :D

WOW Solarance. Great introduction to the project much. ;D I'm serious because that super smash bros challenger approaching image is AMAZING.

So as Solarance has said, he has joined the Darkness team as PBS editor and we on Darkness greatly appreciate and thank him for all his hard work because I feel doing PBS files is a tedious project over time.

In response to WSGreen, we do still need spriters and if you made those speed demon sprites, OMG you're talented and we would be honoured if you would do some sprites for Darkness and absolutely you can be a beta tester if you happen to do sprites for the game but even if you can't do sprites, you will still be a beta tester for sure. :D

Have a great night/day everyone.

Edited by pbood2

WOW Solarance. Great introduction to the project much. ;D I'm serious because that super smash bros challenger approaching image is AMAZING.

So as Solarance has said, he has joined the Darkness team as PBS editor and we on Darkness greatly appreciate and thank him for all his hard work because I feel doing PBS files is a tedious project over time.

In response to WSGreen, we do still need spriters and if you made those speed demon sprites, OMG you're talented and we would be honoured if you would do some sprites for Darkness and absolutely you can be a beta tester if you happen to do sprites for the game but even if you can't do sprites, you will still be a beta tester for sure. :D

Have a great night/day everyone.

I didnt make the sprites themselves i just added on( i posted a link to the main sprites in the description) but i to do sprites (those fakemon) but i am rlly good and spriting.