Grumpig or Musharna?

Loyalitie

Hi everyone and every... thing?

I'm doing a Mono-Psychic Reborn run, and I'm about to get Meditite.

My team:655MS.png678MS.png528MS.png517MS.png326MS.png120MS.png

The team that I want: 655MS.png121MS.png308MS.png282MS.png561MS.png687MS.png

Meowstic is a dual-screener and Swoobat is the flying type.

What I have left are Grumpig and Munna.

Spr_4d_326.png

Chubb the Grumpig

Rash nature (-Sp. Def +Sp. Atk)

Thick Fat

Psywave - Psybeam - Power Gem - Teeter Dance

Spr_5b_517.png

Shimmer the Munna

Modest nature (-Atk +Sp. Atk)

Telepathy

Future Sight - Yawn - Psychic - Nightmare

(I have a Moon Stone)

Talking about status, Musharna is very bulky, but her moveset is based around sleep tactics + Psychic.

Chubb boy is less bulky than Musharna, but his moveset is better.

Help ;-;

I'd go with Grumpig. It's still pretty bulky specially and, with monotypes, having coverage options like Power Gem is really good. Not that it really matters much if they're just temporary members.

Bit off topic, but props for using Sigilyph! And I'm surprised you're not planning on using Reuncilus. I'd say it's the best Psychic type in the game right now AND it can easily set up Trick Room, which both Medicham and Malamar benefit from greatly. I'm also not sure about that Gardevoir, you'd benefit way more from a Metagross IMO (especially cause, as is, your only physically-bulky thing is Malamar if it manages to get up some Superpowers first).

Ayyyy Grumpig named after me! C:

Anyway, since it's not permanent anyway, I'd choose Grumpig over Munna/Musharna because Grumpig gets a wider movepool, both supportive with Teeter Dance and offensive with moves like Charge Beam or specifically Power Gem (and this is totally an unbiased opinion). I think Grumpig is still pretty bulky, as Etesian said, plus Thick Fat can be useful for Serra if you're still using it by then.

Grumpig in the short term for power gem coverage and keep that. It might help w/ Ciel later on.

But I'd replace siygiliph or gardevoir w/ metagross on your final team. A little less coverage on flying types, which are kind of necessary for fly, or less dragon type advantage, but metagross is just a kind of must to meet those really heavy hitters late game. Remember, you can also rotate and keep both of your current ones and later pokemon at high levels for more variety.

Our maskot Chubb of course, at first glance, Musharna might be the superior one in term of bulk but as your team line up(whether it is current or ideal team) seems to be focusing more on offensive, i'd say go with Grumpig, as analysis and reasons given by posters above, plus ability thick fat allows you to handle ice and fire types(which makes rash nature less of a concern after all despite the deterring nature) imo. You can always take in one or two more rotation members just in case.

I'm also not sure about that Gardevoir, you'd benefit way more from a Metagross IMO (especially cause, as is, your only physically-bulky thing is Malamar if it manages to get up some Superpowers first).

For some reason I thought that Gardevoir gets Light Screen and Reflect by level up, but she doesn't learn, only by TM.

I'll put Reuniclus over Gardevoir then.

But I'd replace siygiliph or gardevoir w/ metagross on your final team. A little less coverage on flying types, which are kind of necessary for fly, or less dragon type advantage, but metagross is just a kind of must to meet those really heavy hitters late game. Remember, you can also rotate and keep both of your current ones and later pokemon at high levels for more variety.

Rotations just seem too difficult to me, at some part one will be underleveled compared to the others, and then I'll have to train it to the current level. It's very boring.

I've never used Sigilyph, and from what I see in Unova's games, he is very bulky and an awesome Sp. Attacker.

I'll think on the Rotation thing.

Summing Up:

282MS.png579MS.png

517MS.png307MS.png

376MS.png Added

But one last question:

The Meditite only comes with Bullet Punch/Drain Punch/Fake Out?