• X Drake
    • Trafalgar Law
    • Scratchmen Apoo
    • Killer
    • Jewelry Bonney
    • Capone Bege
    • Roronoa Zoro
    • Urouge

Like everywhere else, this magnificent place is bound to have many fans of One Piece in our community!!! Here's the place to go wild with your theories, speculations, discussions about the plot and the characters, even VS between powerful figures are expected to be seen.

We can talk about the story so far, the character development, or even analyse the latest chapters!!

Just like Luffy said about the last chapter (without spoiling too much for you), this place is like a country full of Choppers!!!

Edit 1: We can either keep both the anime and the manga here. This will be basically anime conversation. Any mentions of the manga version should be put inside spoilers so we do not ruin it for people who have not caught up with the manga. By the way, if it's already shown in the anime, it will not be considered a spoiler. The cover stories will not be considered spoilers either. ~This rule may change in the future~

Well, finally glad to see this being created. Anyways, finally glad that the Dressrosa Arc is finished. Not sure if I should talk about the manga here tho since it will spoil those who are only anime watchers. I'll wait awhile before editing/making a new post if there are some like that.

Yeah I only watch the anime, but I am severely far behind. Like I'm in Punk Hazard still. Also I did hear something interesting in the manga, buuuuttt:

If you don't read the manga, don't spoil:

I heard something about Luffy being able to go 5th Gear into Monkey God or something like that lately. What's up with that?

But yeah. I'd have to say the Water 7 and CP-9 arc was probably my favorite if I had to choose.

a One Piece discussion and not a single mention of "God" Usopp!? this is blasphemy! what kind of world do you guys live in where you don't acknowledge the divine savior of One piece.

but yeah, I really like one piece, it's the only anime that made me cry over a freaking boat.

• 4 weeks later...

Sure, Franky does spice things up, but I think all Nakama do their share^^
And for "God Usopp", well ^^' at least he got a littl bit stronger past the 2 years...

For my favourite one piece charakter...
Hm...

I'd probably pick Whitebeard,
that man was one hell of a juggernaut with a bigger heart for his family.

That would bring me to my least favourite, Blackbeard...
As for those who have seen Marineford, you know what I mean.
What a bummer that shanks or even the "budda" didn't / couldn't beat the sh*t out of him...

Maybe akainu fight him some day and they do ruffy's crew a favour and defeat themselves ^^

And Going Merry wasn't just simply a boat x)
If you have seen the anime (I know they make sometimes things up, even though I don't read the manga), you would have heard Merry speakimg.
Show me some boat that can speak, that doesn't got electricity or dials (those snail-tools from skypia) built in it^^

Btw, "MagikGarp", nice profil pic :D

Edited by BrutaLotus

I decided that some polls would liven up the discussion and give us a view of what people think about our characters.

First Poll: THE MARINES

Vote for your favorite, and tell us why you like them. If your fav is not listed above, tell me and I'll add them.

Out of all the admirals, I really like Kizaru. I swear to christ this guy is high AF. For someone with the power to move at the speed of light, he's pretty laid back and gives zero fucks on anything. It's hard to believe that this lazy bastard is the fastest being in one piece. lol

Edited by Ragnar

I myself am wondering about Kizaru...

If he really could move at that speed, how could Rayleygh catch his leg? Or even fight him on equal ground?

Yeah I know he got Haki going for him, but that shouldn't enable him to move as fast as light...

Also, Kizarus Punches/Kicks should crush Rayleyghs limbs like dried up sticks, even with Haki from Rayleygh.

Haki doesn't negate the after effect of devil fruits, only the effects from preventing to be touched, like what logia would normally prevent.

Or is Rayleygh just such a monster?^^'

Despite that, Kizaru is an interesting admiral, indeed.

My favourite is Fujitora, blind, badass and got a nice ability :)

Well, one could talk about his point of view to 7 samurais...

Rayleigh is Gol D.Roger's first mate after all. That, and there's some unexplainable plot armor on why the pirates in Gol D. Roger's era are so strong.(with the exception of Buggy of course. lol)

On the topic, I think that Fujitora has the best sense of justice amongst the admirals, he's unbiased and reasonable, unlike Akainu.

as for Smoker, he was supposed to be the Garp of this generation, but sadly, he didn't train hard enough for the new world. Luffy can easily defeat him now, unlike the pretime skip where he was an actual threat to the SH. he's still badass tho.

Well, Buggy got an other Bonus for him, he's the authors favourite ^_^

That and he got the talent to command all those impel down thugs^^'

Well, good, the real deal got Blackbeard for himself but Buggy got the bigger (not better) slice of the cake.

I'm curious how Coby will turn out after he trains a while, didn't thought he would gain that much strength even before the 2Y.

(I just don't understand how much "time" passed since he and ruffy parted after the captain morgan arc).

And he was sort of "awakened" to his Observation-Haki.

Smoker had to end up on some bad matchups and he was battling everyone in PH.

What I expect from him is to learn from his mistakes, go to the HQ and train as hard as he can. Maybe he can awaken his Devil Fruit and achieve power of a much bigger magnitude. It is still uncertain that Luffy can beat him. After all, Law was on the run the whole battle, and won due to a trick move which Smoker did not anticipate. It was one of the few battles in the OP universe that Oda rushed, making it seem as if there was a difference in "power levels". If you believe Law is about as strong as Luffy, you can't argue different about Smoker, since he is about as strong as Law. He just needs to show his strength.

Now that you mention it, I can't recall a good matchup for smoker, especially now after the 2Y.

But in a battle in the anime, he fought against Ace (Commander of 2. Division from Whitebeard) and got a draw, and he got a lot stronger after the 2Y.

But I also think we have to consider that Oda doesn't like to tell the real strength of a character^^

Except for Enies Lobby Arc where the one with the Zippper instead of lips (in german he is called "Eule" => Owl, in japanese I think he was called "Fuku") measured the strength of the CP9 members, we never get to have a real grasp of "strength" in the op-universe except battles that already have been done and only with special circumstances ^^' (or to know the strength with the arsenal of techniques / weapons of each character)

And I say it again, especially now after the 2Y and with Haki it doesn't any better for that.

(but I still think Fujitora is better :D )

But I think I, too, have read about that the writing for the battle Law against Smoker was rushed by Oda...

But I also want to know what is so different about his fruit compared to Ceasars^^

What is his smoke made of?

Co2?

And if that is the case, does he have the potential to pull it of the air like Ceasar did it?

Or can he combine different kinds of smoke?

I read the opwiki as a source, but they aren't very detailed about that.

Edited by BrutaLotus

What I've seen here and there (and is not necessarily well-documented) is that Smoker's fruit works more with the "stable" type of gas. If you've seen HXH and watched Morel's powers you could understand the situation much better. Ceasar is essentially toxins transmitted via air, some flammable, some poisonous. The main reason he could cut out Oxygen, was his body reacting with it. Now, Smoker's body is a mix of carbon gases, like CO2, methane etc which means he can form something from "physical smoke" and also has properties of "jet" and "steam", which gives him enough potential for the future.

Now, while Ceasar can use various instruments around to emit pressurized gas or fire it, Smoker can work around with his smoke to form illusions, use it as propelled gas (like he did in Marineford to propel himself into the air) or simply increase his volume and fighting power (similar to Akainu's DAI FUCKING FUNKA)

That's all I have for now. It's a shame he have seen nothing from Smoker's abilities. I am almost certain that next time we see him, he will have endured harsh training and awoken his DF - long before any of the main cast (as he needs to gain a huge advantage over Luffy again, fast)

thx "prof dedpol" ^^

yep, that sounds more logical now to me.

And yeah, that badass geezer with his pipe... totally forgot about him ^^'

hmm, physical smoke (and with this context)... there should be a lot to do with >:)

like forming some blades or a giant hammer :D (shouldn't be a problem to enforce it with some nice haki)

or forming some clones or this or that...

(not to mention he is only bound by his imagination and training...)

• 3 weeks later...