Your favourite anime

Mäddla

So, guess it's time to start a little war here >: D

What are your favourite animes so far?

Mine are Steins;Gate, Mirai NIkki, Death Note and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Other good ones were Strike the blood, Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay night, Log Horizon,

Aldnoah.Zero, Angel Beats and Sword Art Online

(No I am totally not making this post to find new good animes to watch)

Edited by Mäddla

• Veterans

You're probably better off posting this in the Anime/Manga subforum :> Maybe a mod can move it for you?

Owari no Seraph, Tokyo Ghoul (the manga), One Punch Man, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Nichijou are my faves. B)

For it me it's quite a lot of things. These are in no particular oreder, jsut in the order I think of them. Maybe that says something but eh... XD.

Kill la Kill, I dunno why I like this one so much... maybe that it was like one of the first I ever watched. A good friend of mine literally bothered my for like months to watch this in the most hilarious and awesome way. Basically... he kept randomly linking me scenes out of context. I told him at least 5 times that it would definitely never be a show I watched. But... Curiosity got the best of me. Because seeing scenes from that anime out of context... super made me want to know the the actual hell I just saw. So, I was bored and just finally watched it one night. And was up like all night watching it straight through.

Gurenn Lagann, "Who the hell do you think I am?"

Hitman Reborn!, the first anime I watched that well... I knew was one and considered one. ((personally... to me the Pokemon anime doesn't really... feel like one. It felt like any other cartoon I watched as a kid. Personally, not saing it is... but to me it felt like that.)). Funnily enough it was the same friend that got me to watch Kill la Kill to watch this as well as the rest of my friend group that I met around High School. ((I don't get to see them a whole lot as they are just busy a lot of the time now, but they are still wonderful and beautiful people lol.)). They were all pretty into this anime like... suuuuper into it I think they had an entire guild in Maplestory ((I did not play that XD.)) named after it and I knwo for a fact our old Vent group was named after it. Of course... I once asked what the name was from since it seemed really weird and not random. I got "watch this" as an answer. And, so I did. While I don't really like it as much as I did the irst time I watched it... I still have a soft spot for it. It holds a lot of good memories for me and reminds me of a time that I finely bet my own depression for the most part. It was mostly right after I met those friends that I finally saw some worth in myself and the first place I truly belonged in a sense. This anime reminds me of them and that time... and I sorta feel like warm and fuzzy while watching it again. It might sound really stupid to attach that to an anime, but... I really do lol.

Overlord is definitely up there for me right now. However, I highly prefer the Light Novels now that I've started reading them. The anime did a pretty good job at portraying them for sure, but a lot was lost in the media switch imo. Still I loved the anime so much I went out to seek for the Light Novels so it's thanks to that I found out Overlord even existed. Probably one of my favourite series right now, to the point it might be my legit 100% favourite I love it that much. ((if my siggy isn't enough to indicate that.))

One Punch Man. Seriously... This show is great. Like... I don't even know how to describe it really, but it's jsut... so wonderful and unique lol. The first Season isn't even over and it's already like easily one of my top anime. It's freaking fantastic.

The Fate Series, I don't think I've once guessed a Servant wrong yet. Not sure if that speaks to how much of a mythology/Legend nerd I kinda am lol. Really need to get to reading it actual... and just getting to the other parts of it. There's soooooo much Fate stuff I've yet to touch it's a little intimidating lol.

and I'm sure I forgot like... a bunch of my up there picks. If I think of others I'll probably jsut make a new psot but this feels good for now lol.

As most people who've talked to me know (Or who've even looked at my avi/sig), I'm a huuuuuuge fan of SAO. The series gets a lot of hate, but I loved it anyway. It definitely takes the number one spot for me, as I've gone out of my way to research world mechanics and learn everything I can about Aincrad.

Besides that, my other favorites making up my top 5 would be Rokka no Yuusha, DanMachi (Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?), Darker than Black, and Attack on Titan.

Beyond that, other notable anime that I've enjoyed are Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, Log Horizon, Overlord, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and the ToAru series.

My favorite anime has to be Corey in the House.

Honestly, I've only recently started watching anime, as my sister would trick me into watching it. I guess my list would be Fairy Tail, the first half of Sword Art Online season one, Death Note, Elfien Lied, Attack on Titain, and maybe Pokemon. I really haven't gotten deep into it, so I really don't have that big of a pallet.

(I've also watched Black Rock Shooter, but I was kind of confused, and had a hard time watching it.)

The Fate Series, I don't think I've once guessed a Servant wrong yet. Not sure if that speaks to how much of a mythology/Legend nerd I kinda am lol. Really need to get to reading it actual... and just getting to the other parts of it. There's soooooo much Fate stuff I've yet to touch it's a little intimidating lol.

If you really are that much of a mythology/legend nerd, I would really recommend you look into ToAru Majutsu no Index, then. I know I've recommended it to you before and got you interested but this is definitely something you'd be interested in. From obscure Russian folklore to prominent Christian tales to Buddhism to Hinduism to Shinto to...

You get the idea. You'd definitely love it. Especially New Testament and some of the more obscure side stories.

As for me:

Anime:

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha (+A's+StrikerS)

ToAru Majutsu no Index (not Railgun though)

FMA: Brotherhood

Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de aru

Manga:

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (yeah. the anime is bad but the manga is great)

Mahou Sensei Negima

Shina Dark

Full Metal Alchemist

UQ Holder!

Light Novels

ToAru Majutsu no Index (If you did not see this coming, then you do not know me that well)

ToAru Majutsu no Index New Testament

A Simple Survey (and A Simple Monitoring)

Rokka no Yuusha

• Support Squad

And I'm sitting here wondering how you all narrowed them down.

Going by sheer amount of times I rewatched them, Binnbougami ga and Oregairu. If I used any other way of discerning this, my head would break.

I don't really watch that much anime, so I guess I'd have to say Yu-Gi-Oh?

Mostly because I don't remember what else I've watched over the years. Also, card games on motorcycles.

The only other anime I can remember watching is that one where blonde monkey-people scream at each other for 30+ hours and then occasionally throw a thousand mach-speed punches or so at each other, before a bit of dialogue, and then right back to screaming. Also, giant, bright blue balls of death that never kill anything ever.

I'm talking about Dragon Ball Z.

If you really are that much of a mythology/legend nerd, I would really recommend you look into ToAru Majutsu no Index, then. I know I've recommended it to you before and got you interested but this is definitely something you'd be interested in. From obscure Russian folklore to prominent Christian tales to Buddhism to Hinduism to Shinto to...

You get the idea. You'd definitely love it. Especially New Testament and some of the more obscure side stories.

Yea... I would but I've got like no idea where to even start with that series. I'm jsut like... EH!?!?! Since yea... XD. There's seems to be quite a bit of material, which is good and bad. Good cause means there's a lot to occupy my time... bad because as stated before... this late in I don't know where I'm supposed to start lol.

Yea... I would but I've got like no idea where to even start with that series. I'm jsut like... EH!?!?! Since yea... XD. There's seems to be quite a bit of material, which is good and bad. Good cause means there's a lot to occupy my time... bad because as stated before... this late in I don't know where I'm supposed to start lol.

Heh. Ask and you shall receive. I will always be willing to help the uninitiated find their way around the huge ToAru franchise.

10 of my favourites in no particular order:

1. Steins,Gate

2. Zetsuen no Tempest

3. Shinsekai Yori

4. HxH (2011)

5. FMA Brotehrhood

6. Code Geass

7. Guilty Crown

8. Black Rock Shooter

9. Magi

10. Monogatari Series

Edited by Helios2