Things that you DONT like on Pokemon Reborn.

Karyuudan

Sup guys , so far at 2nd gym and i'l really loving every minute.

There is only one thing i really find boring about the game and it takes out of the fun, and that is the fact that there is to many "events" for pokemon.

I mean , after i got my first badge I had 3 pokemons that I REALLY wanted , captured. But i also have like 5-6 that I got from people who didn't want , couldn't care or simple joined me.

it's fun to go out and hunt pokemons and find that some pokemons only appear at certain weathers on specific locations.

But for me at least it kind of take out the fun when the game simple handle you a pokemon like that for nothing.

Anyway great game guys.

Edited by Karyuudan

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, you find that boring? How? They're optional. Personally, I think it gives life to reborn. You're supposed to get the idea that even the pokemon are survivors in this apocalyptic hellhole known as Reborn. They get abused, abandoned, killed, and those that survive had to scavenge for food and shelter in human areas.

Personally, I don't like grinding. In Hardcore, Commander and his crew give you more than enough xp through fights, so you're never left wanting for it. In Reborn proper, especially front end, the pokemon you have available to grind on just suck xp wise. Later on you get rebattlable trainers, but that doesn't help pre-Corey.

The event pokemon are kind of ways to get pokemon in the beginning. Due to the pollution in the city there aren't much wild ones, so there has to be a way to get them otherwise, right?

What I find kind of annoying (and kind of strange) is how every single character you meet is a Gym Leader, Reserve Gym Leader, E4 or is going to be/was a gym leader/reserve gym leader. As far as you know, everyone with any relevance to the plot is a gym leader. Anyways, i dunno if its just me .

So... you're really not loving every minute of it, it sounds like. It's worth noting that a majority of the Pokemon that are easily provided or given to the player are inferior to ones that take greater effort and time invested in order to obtain. The ratio of Pokemon handed to the player versus those that take effort to receive weighs heavily away from those simply given to the player. Early in the game, some hand-holding is present, but later on that warps into more of a slap to the face, so don't you worry. If this doesn't yet tickle your fancy, give it some time before handing down a definitive verdict.

• Global Mods

@wytch_doctr: there are some who aren't but idk how far you are so I don't want to spoil anything

I don't like how you're forced to read Titania's diary. The game gives you different options to act on at certain points so you can feel like it's yourself playing, but I can't feel like myself if I'm forced to invade someone's privacy by reading their diary, which is something I wouldn't do.

I also kind of think the Grand Hall trainers should be available from the beginning instead of not appearing until battling Corey.

I don't like how you're forced to read Titania's diary. The game gives you different options to act on at certain points so you can feel like it's yourself playing, but I can't feel like myself if I'm forced to invade someone's privacy by reading their diary, which is something I wouldn't do.

I fully agree. At first I was confused about what to do because it's not in my nature to go reading books unless they're abandoned (because those are usually clues like Scooby Doo). I would prefer if it was like the Nuzleaf trap, where Amaria comes along after some time and Titania forgets to close the journal, so that the MC isn't involved in that horror.

Yeah, it was an action that was so out of character for me that I spent ten minutes trying to figure out what I was supposed to do next. And the protagonist turning away when Shelly says something along the lines of 'It's not like reading someone's diary has hurt anyone' in Zumi and Eve's old house. I died inside.

I always felt like the amount of event pokémon was fine, because it reinforces the feeling that actual wild pokémon are very sparse and difficult to find, whereas abandoned 'mons, runaways, stolen ones etc. would be much more abundant.

Putting this under a spoiler for... duh, spoilers, since OP isn't that far into the game yet.

And also for people who don't wanna put up with me complaining about Terra.

One thing that I immediately disliked from the moment it first happens is the breaking of the 4th wall.

There's a minor moment of it when Radomus refers to you as a "player character", and I remember that really threw me off for a moment, because intil that point, Reborn had done a really great job of getting me fully immersed in the game and its story.

Being reminded that I am, in fact, just a player, sort of sat wrong with me.

But that was easily forgivable, because it fits in so well with Radomus' character.

Where it irked me so much that I actually stopped playing the game for several days, however, is the moment you meet Terra.

I know she's necessary. I know Reborn incorporates all the leaders of the former league in some way. And Terra is... well, she is what she is.

But I found her entire character to simply not fit into the game's atmosphere. And as cool a concept as the Glitch City is, that entire arc was, for me, a big moment of "why does this happen in Reborn". The unexplained "screw physics" moments, the awkward cascade of meme- and catchphrase spouting... I just really don't like her. She doesn't amuse me, she's just an annoying character who breaks my immersion in the game every time she gets screen time.

That said, I know this is a matter of personal preference. But it's okay, Terra's fanclub is big enough, and my hate probably makes her stronger :'3

Putting this under a spoiler for... duh, spoilers, since OP isn't that far into the game yet.

One thing that I immediately disliked from the moment it first happens is the breaking of the 4th wall.

There's a minor moment of it when Radomus refers to you as a "player character", and I remember that really threw me off for a moment, because intil that point, Reborn had done a really great job of getting me fully immersed in the game and its story.

But that was easily forgivable, because it fits in so well with Radomus' character.

Where it irked me so much that I actually stopped playing the game for several days, however, is the moment you meet Terra.

I know she's necessary. I know Reborn incorporates all the leaders of the former league in some way. And Terra is... well, she is what she is.

But I found her entire character to simply not fit into the game's atmosphere. And as cool a concept as the Glitch City is, that entire arc was, for me, a big moment of "why does this happen in Reborn". The unexplained "screw physics" moments, the awkward cascade of meme- and catchphrase spouting... I just really don't like her. She doesn't amuse me, she's just an annoying character who breaks my immersion in the game every time she gets screen time.

That said, I know this is a matter of personal preference. But it's okay, Terra's fanclub is big enough, and my hate probably makes her stronger :'3

Terra sort of feels like the Jar Jar Binks of Reborn. While nowhere as annoying, Terra is in the game to appeal to a specific audience, which we aren't a part of. I'm sure some people can't stand characters I like such a Cain. It's all just a big opinion thing, but one I can live with.

Also, my biggest grip with Reborn was the "Point of No Return" section at the Circus. Since I was missing out on a few trump card Pokemon, all of the gym leaders gave me a lot of issues. That, and I left my Noibat in the daycare, only to come back and find it... Really, really beefy...

Route 1 and it's hellish forest can burn for all I care. Being forced to look into Titania's diary is kind of awkward, but I can't really think of a way around it. Finally Terra kind of clashes with everything in Reborn, and while the glitch city is kind of amusing, doesn't fit at all.

Otherwise, I have no real issues.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

Route 1 and it's hellish forest can burn for all I care. Being forced to look into Titania's diary is kind of awkward, but I can't really think of a way around it. Finally Terra kind of clashes with everything in Reborn, and while the glitch city is kind of amusing, doesn't fit at all.

Otherwise, I have no real issues.

This.

Aside from that, the only thing I dislike is a few of the puzzles, namely the Subseven Sanctum one. After playing through the game ~5 times for various challenge runs going through those things again is somewhat frustrating. Heck, at this point I just have a paper with the arceus statue numbers on my bulletin board.

Other than that Reborn is fantastic though!

@wytch_doctr: there are some who aren't but idk how far you are so I don't want to spoil anything

I also kind of think the Grand Hall trainers should be available from the beginning instead of not appearing until battling Corey.

Couldnt agree more, seems like we are sticking our noses into something where they dont belong, plus the fact that romance/friendship is a sensitive and delicate matter, an outsider could make things even worse than it already was~

For me, it's not so much I hate it, it's the fact that there is only a single setting for difficulty.

As painful as it was I enjoyed Rejuvenation's sweat inducing intense mode.

I would enjoy see the reborn developers add their own difficulty mode. I'm fine with it the way it is.

The Player character's butter fingers

Seriously everyone and their comatose grandmother could rob you and you'd put up no resistance.

You just stand there and take it.

Super annoying.

Can't wait till you get your thread caught up. I'm eager to see the reaction pics.

What I don't like is the fact that You literally have to grind for hours before the grand hall trainers appear, and then suddenly after a single gym badge they are suddenly at the current level cap, also no tyranitar :(

On the topic of event 'mon, I really like that feature. As previously stated, it gives life to the game

What I don't like is that the game started out super challenging, only to end up getting more and more nerfs, sometimes to the point where not even fields help a gym leader be anything more than a joke.

I don't like that there is kind of a plothole with all of reborn's gym leaders. Spoilers? ahead:

The most glaring thing is the kids and the orphanage. You have 2 gym leaders there and Anna who is even higher than that. You also have the majority of the E4 being little kids who either had their parents not let them step foot out of the house, or who were only just until recently stuck in that orphanage, forbidden to battle. Now hypothetically, if you thought about the general story of pokemon games, there are always multiple challengers for a league, so you can "assume" you're not the only person trying to battle gym leaders. Reborn is no exception to that, even though you don't really "see" anyone else challenging the league, but in theory, there should be more people. So how would those people even manage to get badges when many gym leaders are either missing, on the run or not available for battle? That has always kinda bothered me. I think recently Ame tried to do something about that by adding the computer screens at gym places. There was one in the orphanage saying that the building holds fields for the gym leaders who live there and that Ame wasn't aware Sigmund doesn't let them battle, but there are still other unaddressed issues.

On that note, I also don't like how

the E4 is comprised largely of children who , as stated previously, were either stuck with Sigmund, or not allowed to even breathe by their father. I am still questioning how they managed to prove their skills enough to be chosen as elite when they have no opportunity to , unless it was just a title that is "inherited" which would be quite dumb, since you don't just inherit a title like that . My issue isn't that they are children because in most games, we are also a 10yr old protagonist who ends up champion. My issue is their apparent inability to function as pokemon trainers in general due to their circumstances, let alone be among the elite who are supposedly going to be getting challengers, and again, a challenger would find nobody at the league

I'll also join the adventurine forest -hating club

And I'm not 100% sure, but I think chrysolia forest also got nerfed as in, it's way easier to go through it than it used to be, or at least it feels that way to me. If it really was changed in that regard, that's another thing I dislike

The Player character's butter fingers

Seriously everyone and their comatose grandmother could rob you and you'd put up no resistance.

You just stand there and take it.

Super annoying.

I agree, you just always get your valuable (s) snatched like it was nothing. That's quite annoying. What I also wish is that your character had more immersive choice-dialogue instead of only "yes/no"

I always felt like the amount of event pokémon was fine, because it reinforces the feeling that actual wild pokémon are very sparse and difficult to find, whereas abandoned 'mons, runaways, stolen ones etc. would be much more abundant.

Let me join you in your hatred , I really hate her character as well and don't believe it fits into Reborn, it's way too bizarre (not to mention if you imagine her words being in the form of actual audio, how the fridge would that even come off?) That is really probably the thing I hate the most

What I don't like is the fact that You literally have to grind for hours before the grand hall trainers appear, and then suddenly after a single gym badge they are suddenly at the current level cap, also no tyranitar :(

This bothers me too, especially since they start jumping like 8 levels per badge after a certain point. I beat shade, this dude is like, "let me play you a little song," then sends out a level 49 Delphox. Yeah no get outta here with that nonsense.

-I don't like Titania that much. Out of the 4 Onyx Gals, she's definitely my least favorite. Just way too edgy tryhard and she's very mean. She's like a more extreme Sapphira to where her badassery feels too forced instead of being appealing(toxic badassery) and she's too mean to feel sympatheitc. Idk, first time playing I was like she's cool I guess, but I like her less each playthrough. Amaria is too good for her.

-some moves STILL being broken. sleep talk, rest lasting too long, bizarre status inconsistencies. I think this will go away eventually though.

-the cultist rescue stealth segment. The concept is cool but the stealth segment is a drag. It's a lot more tolerable than it used to be but I feel like the game would be better without it.

-Corey having shadow claw. I guess he's so pissed he wants to rip your pokemon apart with his bare hands? That's badass but him being a pushover somewhat is not badass at all.

-Episode 15 removing the map before PULSE Tangrowth. Hoping Ame puts it back as I loved the atmosphere and music for that part.

-Terra has her moments but yeah she feels too memetastic and clashes with Reborn's mood too much at times.

Funny thing is, Ame hates Terra as well. I'm actually really, really curious as to why. I'm guessing there was bad blood between the two back in the online league days?

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

Two things bother me more than anything else does:

-The level cap just after Corey. Unless you've been doing some serious grinding, you are not going to be level 30 yet. Hit Lapis Ward and suddenly everyone is mid-30s? What? The Grand Hall trainers can't even help you catch up because they're that level as well and often worse to battle than the regular trainers about. (I'd gripe about their level jumps too, and also that clown at the circus with the full EV trained team that's supposedly "good" for grinding... but I don't feel up to people bitching at me because of it.)

-Chrysolia Forest. I have always, always hated that damn place. The amount of time I spend just trying to get through the damn thing even now when I've done it so many times before is ridiculous. I actually don't even want to leave Spinel Town once I get through the first time, so I only have to go through it once more to leave.

The diary thing bothers me too now that it's been mentioned, I'm not really one to invade someone's privacy like that. Though that does beg the question of why in the blue hell Titania is writing in it in the middle of the goddamn living room when Amaria can come back at any time. Really not a good way to keep its contents a secret, is it? Even if she's not the sort to go snooping around either?

...wow, this post came across as more aggressive than I intended. Oops.

P.S. Also it's Aventurine- there is no D there. Seriously. I know you don't like it but please spell it right. OTL

...Actually, does people typoing Radomus' name as Randomus count as something I can dislike about Reborn?