Pokemon Genesis

wa3eyv.png

This is an RMXP fanmade Pokemon game made with Pokemon Essentials.

Story

The Atora region, a mountainous region nestled in a small island far from any mainland. The Atora region is so minuscule that it has no Pokémon League. There is instead a tournament held in its two amjor cities that takes place at different times a year. Although it is remote, it’s also an ancient island where many legends lie, including the elusive Tree of Beginnings, the center of all creation. It is said that where the Tree is, legends follow. Many are flocking to the region in hopes of learning more about the Tree, and perhaps entering it.

You are one of these people. With your Pokémon in hand and hopes high, you'll have to work to uncover its secrets.

Characters

The Protagonists: An aspiring relic hunter from a foreign region. After completing your studies, you moved alone into the Atora region to explore its secrets. Choose from 3 appearances that can be customized further.

One of the protagonists you don’t choose will go on to be your main rival Avery, a fellow relic hunter who has recently begun exploring the region in search of the ancient Pokémon Unown.

Professor Cane: A rather serious professor native to the island who studies the genetic history of Pokémon. Her goal is to be the first to study Mew extensively.

Ori: A quirky young child you encounter often who offers help whenever you meet. Enjoys playing a small flute they always seem to carry.

Elsie: Prof. Cane's assistant, who comes from the Unova region. She is interested in the biology of Pokémon in particular and owns a small adoption center and day care as a Pokémon Breeder.

Regis: Son of the mayor of Linson town, and is very involved in competitive battling. He's a seasoned trainer who rises in tournament ranks almost unnaturally. Pushes the protagonist to do their best.

Viktor, Joss, Steelie: Pokemon smugglers who seem to have taken a particular interest in the protagonist. Depending on the day will either be a help or hindrance.

Features/Non-Features

*Gen 5 Graphics and UI

*6 Episodes

*Explore a brand new region -- Atora!

*Losing a story specific battles will not send you to the Pokemon Center. You will either deal with the consequence or get a game over.

* Unconventional story and mechanics, focused more on discovery and problem solving than battle.

* Exploration focused world, with many secret grottos and dungeons to find.

* Collect relics to display in your home or give to the museum.

*Optional tournament system to take part in.

* Choose between male, female, or non-binary heroes that will be fully customized.

*Gen 1-6 Pokemon

*No Pokemon League

*Branching stories depending on choices.

*Mouse functionality

*Following Pokémon

*Sidequests

*Relationship system

*Post-Game Content

... and more!

Screenshots

Episode 1 Progress

Mapping: 100%

Scripts: 100%

Events: 20%

Trainer Battles: 90%

Sprites: 100%

Music: 100%

Overall: 95%

Release expected in early December 2016, with Episode 1 spanning a playtime of 3-5 hours.

Credits

BW2 Mod - HUGE collection of scripts/resources by shiney570 (Relic Castle/Deviantart/),
Pokemon Follower - Orginal script by Help-14, modified by zingzags, Rayd12smitty, and venom12. (Pokecommunity)

Elite Battle System, Mouse Functionality - Luka S.J. (pokecommunity)

OW Shadows, Water Bubbles, Footprints, Evo Scene, Secret Bases, Pond Bubble Scripts - KleinStudio

Buildings - WesleyFG, UltimoSpriter (deviantart)

Pokemon XY tiles - Burton-kun (deviantart)

Pokemon Gaia Project Tilesets (Outdoor and Caves) - zetavares852

Misc. Tiles: Thegreatblaid, kaliser, warpras, phyromatical, thenglishkiwi, lotus king (deviantart)

Notes

I’ll always accept help if you’re offering, especially in terms of battle design, but I’m currently not looking for permanent team members.

I will accept beta testers staring in November.

Another note, the Tree of Beginnings is loosely related to the one in the anime, though I modified the legend surrounding it and its location to suit the story. I felt the concept was wasted and wanted to see it explored more.

Edited by Sunbean

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg... the graphics are NICE!!!

i am definitely intrestied!!!

I'm glad! Most of the images shown aren't even close to how nice the BW graphics really can be, though! I'm excited to work with such a great engine. :)

Definitely excited to see how this turns out, when I get back, could I alpha/beta test?

Oh oh oh I wanna beta test I wanna beta test

All right, big thanks to both of you! I'll PM you or just post here when I have a viable alpha available. Should be in a week or so. :)

Interesting.... I expect Goomy to be early in the game >:[

Edit: oh nvm :/ only gen 1-5

Yep, for now, sorry. D: It's not really difficult to include Gen 6, but it can mess things up pretty badly if you do something wrong. I might include certain Pokemon, though, if demand is high enough! I know I really want Amaura and Tyrunt in-game as of now.

Edit: Seems like Gen 4 is leading the polls right now. Which is great, they're my personal favorite starters. As of now the default Generation I'm using for testing is Gen 1, but depending on the polls I'll change things accordingly. Every starter can eventually be caught, though. :)

Edited by Sunbean

I think I'm pretty good at outdoor mapping, though my indoor mapping is pretty average. If you need routes and cities, I'd LOVE to give it a shot! I could also do some events, if need be; I can't claim to be an expert, but if you need smaller things taken off your hands, you can trust they're done right.

Maybe I sound overeager, but I've been looking for a Pokemon game to help make that could use mapping skills, because I feel that's my strength.

... Just don't ask me to help with the sprites. They wouldn't turn out pretty.

EDIT: I'd call this ~80% done; I'm not completely finished moving things around and clearing up the clutter, but it should be a good example of what I can do. I've never just uploaded a map before, but I'm assuming it'd open fine with your version of Essentials, too. (It's not BW graphics, but it's what I had on hand.)

Map009.rxdata

Edited by Anvilicious

I love the concept of this game, and am really looking forward to watching your progress! I would offer my services, but I think they'd only go so far as baking optimism cookies cheering you on!

Good luck with the whole thing though! :D

Generation 5 sprites <3

I already love the sprites, if you want me as a beta test, gladly i can. Pm me if you want.

Will do, thanks. :)

I think I'm pretty good at outdoor mapping, though my indoor mapping is pretty average. If you need routes and cities, I'd LOVE to give it a shot! I could also do some events, if need be; I can't claim to be an expert, but if you need smaller things taken off your hands, you can trust they're done right.

Maybe I sound overeager, but I've been looking for a Pokemon game to help make that could use mapping skills, because I feel that's my strength.

... Just don't ask me to help with the sprites. They wouldn't turn out pretty.

EDIT: I'd call this ~80% done; I'm not completely finished moving things around and clearing up the clutter, but it should be a good example of what I can do. I've never just uploaded a map before, but I'm assuming it'd open fine with your version of Essentials, too. (It's not BW graphics, but it's what I had on hand.)

It's great, wow! Your layers are so tidy, too, unlike mine. :P Right now I'm still importing tilesets and all that, but I'll message you soon. I'd be more than glad to have you on board. :D

I love the concept of this game, and am really looking forward to watching your progress! I would offer my services, but I think they'd only go so far as baking optimism cookies cheering you on!

Good luck with the whole thing though! :D

Your support is more than helpful. Thanks very much. :)

Also, a little update, beta probably is scheduled for early and not mid-autumn (so mid September?), and I hope it will be over an hour long. Hard to say right now.

It's great, wow! Your layers are so tidy, too, unlike mine. :P Right now I'm still importing tilesets and all that, but I'll message you soon. I'd be more than glad to have you on board. :D

Well shucks, thanks! Whenever you're ready, just let me know.

WAAAAIT...

can i beta/alpha test?

i wanna cee~

thanks if you can!!!

Of course! I'll probably need 10 or so alpha testers, not many since it's an early build. Like I said earlier, I'll have an alpha ready very soon, probably in a week (depending on how quickly I can finish the engine).

The sprites look amazing. But why not have 9 starters, 3 from 3 regions, because I think people might want more of a choice instead of just 3 pokemon (I know I would). Unless you're going to make all the other starters available throughout the game, I think having only 3 starters is a bad idea. Looks super promising.

Could I be a beta/alpha tester? I'm on a Mac so I could say what bugs happen on them.

I really like this! Is there still space for alpha testers?

Yep! Thanks!

Wow fantastic graphics. Really love those character images.

Thanks, those Xtrans portraits took a lot longer to make than I'd like to admit, lol.

The sprites look amazing. But why not have 9 starters, 3 from 3 regions, because I think people might want more of a choice instead of just 3 pokemon (I know I would). Unless you're going to make all the other starters available throughout the game, I think having only 3 starters is a bad idea. Looks super promising.

Could I be a beta/alpha tester? I'm on a Mac so I could say what bugs happen on them.

Thank you. :)

I did initially want all 15 starters available from the beginning, but I eventually decided against it. I am definitely open to any changes, however, so I can probably work on adding more variety. (Maybe branching beyond Water/Grass/Fire as well).

All starters are obtainable, though, either in the wild or through events.

And sure, you can test as well. :)

This looks like a really great game. It'll be a refreshing change to have gen 5 tiles. I can't wait for this to release.

Thanks! I like the RSE tiles just fine, but I think working with BW tiles will be a good change.