[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Administrators

Hello, and welcome to the update that's going to take for flucketyfluckin' forever.

First off: 0% hype!!! You'll notice two categories have been added to the status thread for 16:

The first is Animations. You can probably guess what that means-- Yes, this is happening... slowly. But it is happening nonetheless. I'll be dividing up the battle animations over the remaining episodes so that they should all be in by lucky number 19. I originally planned to have the community help with animations (since neither RMXP nor spriting experience is required, though both are helpful) but I'm reconsidering this.I may end up just enlisting a couple people. In short, how this gets done is up in the air right now, but one way or another, it will.

Second is Music Updates. It's not a secret we're going back to the a refurbished city, so it hardly does to have all the same glum music before. The tunes will be largely the same, but you'll be surprised how well some key shifts and instrument changes brighten up the mood. Fortunately, I composed all of the city songs in the first place so that I could very easily do this, so I don't expect it to take long at all.

Unfortunately, that and Fields are just about the -only- things that won't take long at all -.-

Please remember that posts consisting only of "x% hype" and its variants will be considered spam, and that this thread is here to ask and discuss the upcoming episode, and not to ask how long until it's out.

Status Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! EP16 will be out in 16 years everyone.

Nice to see that the Animations are getting worked on. It's the only thing that really holds back the greatness of Reborn.

I also didn't think of the Music Updates, but now that you mentioned it, I'm excited to see the new music for Reborn City. :D

hahaha lol then my children are gonna play this game when episode 16 comes out :(

No matter how much time this takes, i'll be here on the forums waiting for the newest episodes every single time, just because reborn is one of the best games i've played so far. And i would also like to point out that it is admirable how Ame does not simply stop looking for improvements here and there. Very nice job both to Ame and her co-workers, keep it up!

well the episode 16 will announce in 2016 well i get it now Ame every episode for now she will announce every year the episode 17 in 2017 ... and the last i thing will be in 2020 well i cant wait :P ( dont get it seriously just kidding :P) you are amazing Ame keep the good work and i wait 10 years for this game is so amazing :)

aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg

Titania had a Scizor initially in the Reborn League so we know for a fact that she'll have a Scizor. Whether it's mega or not though is still a mystery

Because we're going back to Reborn City to meet Adrienn? Xe may challenge us there.

So ep 16 will take forever because of the animations? Because Ame needs to "remake" the entire city? Or there are multiple reasons? Anyway will wait as much as it takes

So ep 16 will take forever because of the animations? Because Ame needs to "remake" the entire city? Or there are multiple reasons? Anyway will wait as much as it takes

The city will have to be pretty much 'redecorated' - with the water being cleaned up and such, so I'm guessing that will be the main reason why its going to take so long.

I surely didn't expect the music to be changed though. It's going to be pretty awkward listening to the same tune with a different atmosphere (but I get what you mean - I am a composition major after all xD)

It's gonna take forever because the city's gonna get recoloured and renovated, and that means an awful lot for recolouring on the map, changing lots of things on the map, adding new events and sidequests (Ame's kryptonite), and finally making sure that two maps can coexist for the same place, which will propably mean a lot of bugs and lag.

Not sure how I feel about the changes between e14.5 and e15 in the city. It looked more of a wreck.

Ame, you know how the pyramids were built? It's time for you to tap into your inner pharaoh, or your inner Yul Brynner, and enlist everyone to help.

Ame, you know how the pyramids were built? It's time for you to tap into your inner pharaoh, or your inner Yul Brynner, and enlist everyone to help.

So basically you're encouraging slavery? :(

But on other notes, yay! Episode 16 is finally being started. :D

• Administrators

I do. E14-15 was pretty much the longest. I have to accept that development times will probably keep increasing since there is an increasing amount of existing game that requires polish. Animations themselves are going to take quite a time regardless of what I do, too.

(That said, that 6 month period included 14.5. Without intermediary releases, we're still averaging around 3 months per episode)

I do. E14-15 was pretty much the longest. I have to accept that development times will probably keep increasing since there is an increasing amount of existing game that requires polish. Animations themselves are going to take quite a time regardless of what I do, too.

(That said, that 6 month period included 14.5. Without intermediary releases, we're still averaging around 3 months per episode)

...how long did we wait for e.15 anyway?6 month?or 7...whatever,I have a feeling that e.16 gonna come out like middle of 2016...damn

...how long did we wait for e.15 anyway?6 month?or 7...whatever,I have a feeling that e.16 gonna come out like middle of 2016...damn

I think it was 6 months. iirc, that's a standard development time.

With all things considered for episode 16, I won't mind the wait. There is simply too much to do... or re-do, in some cases.

But yeah, 2016? Not bad. I'm in no rush to see Reborn end, tbh... If you know what I mean.

btw ayy i got that **16 rep it's a sign~