PULSE Abra is too OP

JustAnElite

PULSE Abra is a Psychic/Steel type Pokemon that can literally out-speed your entire team, and it's basically more powerful than any other Pokemon at this point in the game. I have been stuck trying to beat this thing. Any tips?

• It has only two moves: Hyper Beam and Dark Pulse

PULSE Abra is still extremely weak defensively for its level and you can crush its health with a super-effective attack

Since Hyper Beam almost always KOs whoever it hits, it's an opportunity to send in a hard hitter to get a solid hit in while it takes a turn to recharge

Paralysis really screws with it, so consider a suicide Thunder Wave lead (Magnezone can take a hit from either move like a boss)

• It has only two moves: Hyper Beam and Dark Pulse
  • PULSE Abra is still extremely weak defensively for its level and you can crush its health with a super-effective attack
  • Since Hyper Beam almost always KOs whoever it hits, it's an opportunity to send in a hard hitter to get a solid hit in while it takes a turn to recharge

But it ALWAYS uses Dark Pulse

But it ALWAYS uses Dark Pulse

It may switch to Hyper Beam if a type disadvantage arises. A viable tactic is to send out a Poke that has a Super-effective STAB on Abra while resisting its Dark Pulse - some examples of good pokes for this include Blaziken, Krookodile, and Houndoom, which I believe are all obtainable before said fight. (will have to check on Krookodile). This forces Abra into a tough spot - if it uses Dark Pulse, you can blast it with something strong in return. If it uses Hyper Beam, something potentially stronger can come out next and take a huge chunk out of it.

I just realized,

I can take out Umbreon, hope for a Hyper Beam, and if Umbreon survives, then I'll just use Baton Pass and switch to Ampharos and use Thunder Wave or switch to Arcanine and end it in one Flare Blitz.. wow I am slow.

Maybe you should use your Arcanine as the main hitter as everyone else will be set up. Like Etesian and Shanco said, try starting off with Umbreon to bait a Hyper Beam, when Umbreon falls (if you're confident) switch to Arcanine and strike with Flare Blitz or Swampert and Earthquake, but the safest option is to go with Amphiros and T-Wave it so more of your teammates can hit P-Abra hard.

EDIT: Dammit I type too slow :( 1 minute off

Edited by Fabled Asian

Maybe you should use your Arcanine as the main hitter as everyone else will be set up. Like Etesian and Shanco said, try starting off with Umbreon to bait a Hyper Beam, when Umbreon falls (if you're confident) switch to Arcanine and strike with Flare Blitz or Swampert and Earthquake, but the safest option is to go with Amphiros and T-Wave it so more of your teammates can hit P-Abra hard.

EDIT: Dammit I type too slow :( 1 minute off

Atleast we thought of the same idea right? xD

Well, almost

golem with sturdy on point(first). earthquake will drop him alot.

then have a fire type with a focus belt or sash. use flamethrower or a good fire move. should do it and have some revives.

• Administrators

Abra/Arceus spamming Dark Pulse was an AI problem that was resolved with 15 (the AI used to really, really, reaaallly like flinches....). If it still refuses to use Hyper Beam against neutral targets in the new release, I want to hear about it.