A little Cup top 10.

Chase

Sometimes, there's that one odd tier that you've never played before, and then you pick it up and it's one of the most fun experiences you've ever had as a Pokemon Trainer. Ladies, Gents, and Dignified self-identifiers (because if I tried to ID you, you might have to hit me in the face or strangle me), here's -my- top ten Little Cup Pokemon.

I've decided to go with a combination of competitive and favorite Pokemon. This means, this list is influenced by my opinion and as such, I would like to indicate that you may share your own lists below - and please don't be offended if your favorite 'mon isn't on -MY- top 10.

LESDOTHIS

10 - Pawniard

pawniard.gif

SmogViability - S, HildaViability - A

Smogon holds a lot of respect for Pawniard, and it's not hard to see why. Defiant is a fantastic ability. Sucker Punch provides the Pokemon with highly valued priority (which is also high in BP -and- STAB for Pawniard.) Knock-Off clears the field of perhaps the most annoying items in the tier (Berry Juice and Eviolite) and Iron Head threatens Fairy type Pokemon. The one thing that I -don't- see Pawniard being S-Rank for, is that x4 weakness to fighting, and if you need to know one thing about Little Cup, it's very easily FightSpam, very quickly. Mach Punch? Cya....but aside from that Pawniard can be shoved into any team, and it's many uses have it on my list.

9 - Ponyta

ponyta.gif

SmogViability - A+, HildaViability - A

This thing's attack and speed are the most desirable parts of the 'Mon. Ponyta's bruising Attack stat makes massive moves like Flare Blitz for STAB and Wild Charge for coverage hit like a truck. Eviolite enables it to fish for burns on physical attackers with it's 'Flame Body' ability, but it could also grant your team immunity with Flash Fire (which also boosts Flare Blitz to absolutely punishing power levels.) It works nicely on sun teams, and gets access to Morning Sun for very desirable one-click recovery - which it's speed will grant before many opposing Pokemon can move.

8 - Choice Scarf HP-dependent attackers (Cyndaquil, Frillish, Wailmer)

cyndaquil.giffrillish.gifwailmer.gif

HildaViability - S

I don't particularly care what Smogon thinks with regards to Scarf-mons. The cool thing about these three though are the moves Eruption and Water Spout - which if you can keep Rocks off the field, will consistently be painful for the opponent to handle. These guys are great momentum grabbers for teams that may need the extra help setting the tone or removing some threats.

7 - Trubbish

trubbish.gif

SmogViability - C+, HildaViability - A+

"What...a TRASH BAG Pokemon, they most really be running out of idea-"....oh, well. at least Mini-Me Garbodor here has some genuine use. As a poison type Pokemon it can soak up T-Spikes on your side of the field and Gunk Shot will most certainly threaten the likes of Flabebe and much more common Spritzee. Sticky Hold, in a tier where Knock Off is a valuable move more-so than most other tiers, allows Trubbish to freely utilize the move 'Recycle' to recover it's Oran Berry (if you are NOT a chump)...or Berry Juice if you are one..... and Drain Punch gives it that nice "Garbodor" smell-...well, not so nice Garbodor smell, but very nice Garbodor recovery on top of recovery. This thing if played well can stick around and wear down opponents, as well as lay your own spikes. Neat!

6 - Litleo

litleo.gif

SmogViability - Criminally Unranked, HildaViability - B

I can see a lot of Smogon's rationale with this Pokemon (FightSpam, Knock-Off, Priority > Litleo), but I don't think it adds up to it being UNRANKED. Litleo is essentially one of the more fun coverage Pokemon to use. With a moveset of Fire Blast, Hyper Voice, HP Grass, and Dark Pulse, you can run Specs and save yourself from that pesky Life Orb Damage, giving it early game use, or you can give it Will-O-Wisp and said Life Orb and allow it to cripple physical attackers on the switch -or- cause some pain. Dark Pulse makes Litleo a full-on check to Ghost types, which I feel the folks at Smogon don't notice. Dark-Horse right here.

5 - Chespin

chespin.gif

SmogViability - B-, HildaViability - S

There's nothing in the world you can say negative about Chespin. Period....but it does require a little bit of threat clearing before it can shine. - sometimes. The Ches-family ability 'Bulletproof' puts the Spiny-Nut Pokemon in an interesting seat of potential. Many a Little Cup team I've faced have had some oddly high reliance on clearing Grass type mons with Ball, Blast, Bomb moves - of which Chespin is immune to. In Little Cup, Sludge Bomb is much more likely to be used over Sludge Wave. Shadow Ball is also a no-go for opponents, meaning Chespin actually CHECKS Gastly. Give it a Bulk Up set and go to town, or get defensive and use it lay spikes and never die. Ever.

4 - Carvanha

carvanha.gif

SmogViability - A-, HildaViability - A+

This thing is a mini-me Sharpedo. Carvanha has ridiculous attack power, and you will also have the luxury of speed boost, which absolutely allows Carvanha to be a win-condition mon, later in the match. Speed is Power in this tier - and this fish is my favorite out in terms of Speed.

3 - Wooper

wooper.gif

SmogViability - C -as in -c-riminally underrated- Minus, HildaViability - A

Wooper is a lifesaver Pokemon. One of the most ANNOYING strategies in this game is the abundant Belly Drum centric teams. 'Unaware' puts a stop to those shenanigans, and allows Wooper to share some status conditions and possibly take out the normally jacked Belly Drummer. Set-up can be a huge deal in this tier.

2 - Snivy

snivy.gif

SmogViability - B+, HildaViability - S

Snivy is a mini-me Serperior in functionality, with less coverage but more opportunity to work in an environment that isn't so prepared at checking it. Because most LC mons are not as bulky as their parents per se, Snivy is more of a threat in general here, and Contrary being legal and kosher is the reason the Grass Snake makes all the big (poke)bucks. Fasten your seatbelt opponent. This -will- get ugly. (oh, and due to being a x4 bully to Wooper, this thing gets the nod for the higher spot.)

1 - Sandile

sandile.gif

SmogonViability - for some reason...not ranked...., HildaViability - S

Sandile is one of my favorites, sure - but let's be critical here. 72 base attack is -just- enough to not be the greatest a Scarf-mon Sandile "could" be. However, This things coverage and it's ability 'Moxie' give it that sort of secret agent feel. Yes, Sandile is a decent revenge killer - but what people -really- want to do with this Pokemon is find the path to victory by clicking the right move that the remainder of the opponents team won't be able to stand up to with a few Moxie boosts. Revenge Killer turned All-Star. Game Over. Proceed to win.

Sure, I'll throw one up too having battled quite a bit in LC recently. Yes, I'm well aware they might not be the best pokemon, but they're pokemon I've found useful and enjoy using. I'll be using the the well known JAR statistic (Jericho's Average Rating)

10 - Pineco

204.gif

SmogViability - D, JAR - B

You look at this thing and think to yourself. 'LOL it's a weakass bug, all it can do is rocks and spin." That's where you're wrong. This thing is INCREDIBLY bulky, certainly in the physical department. Looking at it's BST.... 50/65/90/35/35/15 if your opponent is using anything that's physical and not super effective Pineco can just laugh it off. Additionally it gets sturdy, so there are numerous options you can use this for. Here are a couple of sets I've taken to liking for Pineco myself.

Hyper Offensive Lead

Pineco @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 5
EVs: 20 HP / 236 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Toxic Spikes
- Bug Bite

Super Tank/Spinner

Pineco @ Eviolite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Bug Bite
- Reflect

9 - Cranidos

408.gif

SmogViability - B, JAR - A-

This thing has one job, and that's too absolutely massacre the little ones. Slap a scarf on it and you're good to go. Oh did I mention that this thing is a monstrosity? Just look at it's Base Attack.... in Little Cup..... 125. No... that's not a typo. Oh and did I also mention that it gets two splendid abilities to choose from? as if 125 wasn't high enough for moves such as Rock Slide, Crunch, Iron Head, or Zen Headbutt, it'll get ANOTHER 30% boost for free. Trust me, you won't be needing those secondary effects because whatever you attack will be wiped off the face of Sinnoh. Or.. you could go Mold Breaker too... I guess, it's neat.

Duke Nukem

Cranidos @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 236 Atk / 60 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Head Smash

8 - Totodile

158.gif

SmogViability - D JAR - A

Totodile is my favorite starter and holds a special place in my heart. While I was a gen-wunner, my older friend more or less picked my first starter for me, so G/S was the first time I got to go into it with my own free will and make that initial bond on my own accord. Anyways. This thing with its new ability Sheer Force would rise up the LC viability if they updated it. It's best off coming in with a favorable matchup after another one of your mons faints. You'll be able to get a free Dragon Dance and in combination with Sheer Force and a life orb... Gee willikurs. 65 Base Attack *1.5 (Boost)*1.3(Life Orb)*(1.3 Sheer Force) That comes out to about 165. Oh and assuming you're using Waterfall, that's another *1.5 multiplier. If this thing gets multiple boosts, it's night night for your team unless you have Grade A priority around.

DragonForce

Dundee (Totodile) @ Life Orb

Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 236 Atk / 20 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

7 - Lileep

345.gif

SmogViability - C+, JAR - B+

Hey it's that annoying thing Taka has and will eventually become the thing of Reborn Ghost Stories known as Cradily. Anywho this thing isn't as offensive as some of the others on this list, but it makes for a good wall. It has numerous ways to heal itself and serious bulk. 66 HP 77 Defense and 87 Special Defense, this can be either a physical OR special tank. The real downside with Cradily is in a tier loaded with fighting moves/types it does become a bit vulnerable at times. Seeing as fighting moves are usually physical I tend to opt for the Special variant. Sandstorm boosts it's Special defense by another 50% and it can eat special attacks for days. Oh and it drinks water. #STILLTHIRSTY

Lileep @ Eviolite

Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 228 HP / 28 SpA / 220 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Toxic
- Ancient Power
- Sandstorm

6 - Staryu

120.gif

SmogViability - A-, JAR - A

Staryu is a very versatile pokemon in the Little Cup tier. It can be offensive or defensive, threat or utility, or just about anything in between. It allows it to be a prime time spinner. Life Orb and great coverage and speed can make it a offensive nightmare as well. There are two sets I really like to use for Staryu myself. Scald can burn if you opt for a more defensive variant and it also gets good recovery in... recover.

FatStarSpinTime

Staryu @ Eviolite

Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 236 Def / 36 SpA / 236 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Scald

- Ice Beam

Super Effective Everything (thanks Hilda)

Staryu @ Life Orb

Ability: Analytic
EVs: 200 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

5 - Makuhita

296.gif

SmogViability - Unranked (ARE YOU SERIOUS?????!?!?), JAR - A-

OK, this thing must have been forgotten about because it can put a damn whole in just about any squad. Where to begin... well it has THREE wonderful abilities. Sheer Force, I've already talked about this ability ad nauseum on this list but most of Makuhita's best moves don't benefit from it... moving right along. Guts, listen if you don't know what this does by now, you must not pokemon or something. Any status and you get a 50% boost in attack, make your opponent think twice before using Will-O-Wisp... or a lot of other things. Thick Fat, basically fire and ice ain't doin shit to you. As far as attacks go, it gets a neat double priority in Fake Out and Bullet Punch (too bad it doesn't get Mach Punch though). A super ridiculously strong move in Close Combat, and a great utility move Knock Off. If you want Makuhita to stay in for the long haul. It also gets Bulk Up. If this thing got Drain Punch, it'd be probably #1 on this list.

Double Priority + Death

Makuhita @ Eviolite

Ability: Guts
EVs: 196 Atk / 116 Def / 196 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

4 - Drilbur

529.gif

SmogViability - A, JAR - A

This is a Jericho top 10.... you didn't really think I WASN'T going to include at least ONE ground type, did you? This thing hits like a truck, and gets good coverage. Combined with Mold Breaker, this thing can be a threat to anything. It's a bit predictable if you actually look at it's movepool, but still a great mon none the less.

Scarf

Drilbur @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 236 Atk / 56 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide

3 - Bronzor

436.gif

SmogViability - D (Keep sleeping on it), JAR - B+

Oh, I'm sorry, did you just attack me? That tickles. Yeah so outside of Knock Off (which will be on every team in some fashion) this thing says LOLNOPE not dying. It's got a good type combination in Steel/Psychic and can also be your Rocks setter. It might not be the most glamorous or exciting pokemon, but I've found more often than not it tends to get the job done and reliably. It's two abilities can actually leave your opponent guessing Heatproff and Levitate. It's also immune to Toxic so it's gonna win most stall wars.

I'M THE JUGGERNAUT B****

Bronzor @ Eviolite

Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 220 HP / 60 SpA / 228 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

2 - Timburr

532.gif

SmogViability - A+, JAR - A

Yeah I'm actually not as high on it as Smogon, but it is what it is. It's much like Makuhita except it actually DOES get Drain Punch, yeah check out my lovefest above with Makuhita for the rest of it pretty much. It doesn't get Fake Out, but it does have a STAB priority attack in Mach Punch.

Smogon Standard

Timburr @ Eviolite

Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

1 - Gastly

092.gif

SmogonViability - A , JAR - A+

Alright, this thing's special attack is 100. That's pretty damn nuts for LC. It's speed it more than solid at 80 will already outspeed most of LC unboosted, so running life orb is definitely an option. But where this thing makes it's name is late game sweeping. Ghost type isn't resisted my many things and it's STAB for Gastly here. Throw a choice scarf on it and even a lot of things at +1 or +2 won't outspeed it often times. It gets a really good movepool, even if they're pretty standard and well known. This thing puts the game away like no other.

A Quick Death

Gastly @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 196 SpA / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball

I don't play LC, so I don't have any particular top ten Pokemon. However, I do like Choice Scarf Bunnelby and Choice Band Buneary mainly because their hard hitting attack stats combined with their fast speed makes them difficult to wall. I don't think one simple walls anything in LC though...

Skitty is also a resourceful Pokemon in LC with it's good support movepool. Thunder Wave, Fake Out, Baton Pass is also neat to gain momentum.

Actually

When I was talking about Pawniard, I was referring to how -I- thought -it- was overrated. Mienfoo is very much deserving of that S rank.

- FightSpam approved.

- Double Priority

- Knock Off

- Regenerator/Reckless both work fantastically well

- Mienfoo fits on pretty much any team.

- Bulkier sets and utility functionality are in the realm of possibility, as well as going completely offensive.

With Fletchling, it's bread and butter comes from Gale Wings, which is pretty valuable in a speed dependent tier like Little Cup.

Chinchou has a lot going for it.

- Two possible immunities

- Solid HP

- ability to be scarfed for surprise value.

- Pivot ability

The reason those three didn't make my top ten is because Little Cup is -much- less centralized than OU in my opinion (either by the possibility for various pokemon to overcome top threats or by the relative unfamiliarity as opposed to OverUsed.) - making the tier have more PARITY. Anything and everything has the potential to be a problem in this tier if you play your cards right.

By all means, Jelly, make your own list and tell us what -you- think.

alrite?

1/ mienfoo - slap it onto literally any team?

2/ pawniard - yea sure fighting spam is prevalent but it still hits hard and is tanky as shit

3/ chinchou - the second best pivot in the tier

4/ abra - annoying for the same reasons as alakazam

5/ archen - flying resist that does more than just resist flying

6/ fletchling - not as good as it used to be but still something that has to be prepared for

7/ croagunk - best check to current S rank mons

8/ drilbur - hazard control w/ rocks. tanky and has a solid atk stat

9/ staryu - does the same things as starmie basically

10/ gastly - i like offense and this is one of the best mons on standard offense

note: i prefer bulky offense which is why all of these are offensive mons. lc is an offense dominated meta and stally/defensive teams tend to get ripped to shreds by the ever-popular volt-turn teams which is why i disagree with most of these rankings lol

I'm not going to put a whole list here, just some mons I feel like really do excellent jobs and haven't received their proper recognition for their efforts.

1. Aron- Aron is a cool mon to make use of in LC. It has a couple of useable abilities depending on how you want to use it, although Sturdy is by far the best. It can set up your SR no questions asked, go down to 1 HP, drink some Berry Juice and be back at full health, thus giving it a free turn to do whatever it pleases. Furthermore, Aron is one of, if not the, single densest little monster in LC. Pair this with the ability to Smash literally anything with Heavy Slam and you have yourself a mean little jerk who can plow through teams if used properly. My favored strategy is to just Rock Polish turn 1 when your opponent expects Sr to go up, then proceed to sweep through half their team with just a little Aron.
Smogon gives it a C, but I'd give it an A especially since no one sees this little fella coming.

2. Corpish- Spell it out with me folks: A-D-A-P-T-A-B-I-L-I-T-Y. Adaptability is the main selling point of Corpish, and boy, does it drive a hard bargain. You want a revenge killer? Bam, done. It comes in, it either gets a nice Knock Off, you have your Corpish start dancing with swords or like a dragon and proceed to spam Aqua Jet with SD or even Waterfall if you are using DD. Without setting up, Corpish can actually out damage SF Totodile.

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Totodile Waterfall vs. 116 HP / 236+ Def Eviolite Slowpoke: 4-6 (14.8 - 22.2%) -- possible 5HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Corphish Waterfall vs. 116 HP / 236+ Def Eviolite Slowpoke: 6-8 (22.2 - 29.6%) -- 2.2% chance to 4HKO

Those calcs were juse again Slowpoke because it was the first LC Tank I could think of.

Anyway, more on point, Corpish deserves some respect. He can tear through some teams if you're not careful. He may not have a ton of coverage moves, but with Adaptability, who needs 'em?

Smogon gave it a B but I would rate it as an A+.

Aron is definitely a Pokemon out of left field... Rock Head is -also- a cool ability to play with too, and since I'm not a big fan of Berry Juice, I prefer that set. Regardless, it's a fun Pokemon.

Corphish is a monster. My favorite thing to do is slap a choice band on it and just get immediate raw damage late - although it can be a set-up sweeper with liberty if that's your cup of tea.

LC is way way way more centralized than OU, I'm not sure how you arrived at the conclusion that it's less so. ORAS OU is an incredibly diverse tier (too diverse some might say), there are so many viable pokemon, so many options, and you're always in danger of being taken out by some obscure threat. LC, on the other hand has always been one of the least diverse tiers, certain mons like mienfoo get ridiculously high usage statistics.

I'd beg to differ.

Mienfoo gets an insanely high usage because it's the least niche Pokemon in the tier. It literally can do anything you ask it to within it's moveset's means and isn't prone at all to the most "centralizing" threats.

There's a reason things like unranked Pokemon are on lists like Jericho's and my own... They actually work. To ORAS' credit. Yes, OU is certainly in a good place today - but even though the diversity of the Pokemon at the top of the tier is notable, you still struggle using anything truly unique due to things at the top of the board that have a wide range of use.

Mienfoo is the only swiss army knife Pokemon in the tier, and while that means -it's- a centralizing Pokemon, there isn't a wide list of things that would be -impossible- to use.

Why is Jelly the only one that mentions Abra? From my -little- experience in LC, Abra's a beast. Massive Sp. Atk. for a LC mon and a pretty great moovpool to boot. It's like mini-Alakazam.

Abra would be an honorable mention. Pawniard shuts it down, but aside from that it's still a great Sash MG attacker and is definitely an annoyance.

Kam beat my innovative LC team with his partially top-tier squad in a tour...by one Focus Sash. ;)

Doduo! *-*

It is my favorite competitive LC poke.

Hits like a truck with nice coverage; brave bird + double edge/return/hp fighting (only for pwn) + knock off/pursuit(if you have too many knockoffers in team).

It can also revenge kill with quick attack *-*

Right, so because i like arguements on a good day, i'm going to talk about your choices, jk about the arguements part, most of the stuff i have to say is positive

Arguements/reasons to agree or disagee in orange, sorry if i sounded like a dick

Sometimes, there's that one odd tier that you've never played before, and then you pick it up and it's one of the most fun experiences you've ever had as a Pokemon Trainer. Ladies, Gents, and Dignified self-identifiers (because if I tried to ID you, you might have to hit me in the face or strangle me), here's -my- top ten Little Cup Pokemon.

I've decided to go with a combination of competitive and favorite Pokemon. This means, this list is influenced by my opinion and as such, I would like to indicate that you may share your own lists below - and please don't be offended if your favorite 'mon isn't on -MY- top 10.

LESDOTHIS

10 - Pawniard

pawniard.gif

SmogViability - S, HildaViability - A

Smogon holds a lot of respect for Pawniard, and it's not hard to see why. Defiant is a fantastic ability. Sucker Punch provides the Pokemon with highly valued priority (which is also high in BP -and- STAB for Pawniard.) Knock-Off clears the field of perhaps the most annoying items in the tier (Berry Juice and Eviolite) and Iron Head threatens Fairy type Pokemon. The one thing that I -don't- see Pawniard being S-Rank for, is that x4 weakness to fighting, and if you need to know one thing about Little Cup, it's very easily FightSpam, very quickly. Mach Punch? Cya....but aside from that Pawniard can be shoved into any team, and it's many uses have it on my list.

As Already mentioned, the fightspam reason is just a bad rank choice since pawn relies on it's teamates in those cases for fighters, but there's this move called psycho cut

9 - Ponyta

ponyta.gif

SmogViability - A+, HildaViability - A

This thing's attack and speed are the most desirable parts of the 'Mon. Ponyta's bruising Attack stat makes massive moves like Flare Blitz for STAB and Wild Charge for coverage hit like a truck. Eviolite enables it to fish for burns on physical attackers with it's 'Flame Body' ability, but it could also grant your team immunity with Flash Fire (which also boosts Flare Blitz to absolutely punishing power levels.) It works nicely on sun teams, and gets access to Morning Sun for very desirable one-click recovery - which it's speed will grant before many opposing Pokemon can move.

I still really don't understand why pony is good, but it's amazing that it has such a good speed tier, i prefer vulix myself.

8 - Choice Scarf HP-dependent attackers (Cyndaquil, Frillish, Wailmer)

cyndaquil.giffrillish.gifwailmer.gif

HildaViability - S

I don't particularly care what Smogon thinks with regards to Scarf-mons. The cool thing about these three though are the moves Eruption and Water Spout - which if you can keep Rocks off the field, will consistently be painful for the opponent to handle. These guys are great momentum grabbers for teams that may need the extra help setting the tone or removing some threats.

The main reason smogon Doesn't like these is because prio spam is dominant, and so are things like foo.

7 - Trubbish

trubbish.gif

SmogViability - C+, HildaViability - A+

"What...a TRASH BAG Pokemon, they most really be running out of idea-"....oh, well. at least Mini-Me Garbodor here has some genuine use. As a poison type Pokemon it can soak up T-Spikes on your side of the field and Gunk Shot will most certainly threaten the likes of Flabebe and much more common Spritzee. Sticky Hold, in a tier where Knock Off is a valuable move more-so than most other tiers, allows Trubbish to freely utilize the move 'Recycle' to recover it's Oran Berry (if you are NOT a chump)...or Berry Juice if you are one..... and Drain Punch gives it that nice "Garbodor" smell-...well, not so nice Garbodor smell, but very nice Garbodor recovery on top of recovery. This thing if played well can stick around and wear down opponents, as well as lay your own spikes. Neat!

ALright, this is only "bad" because pancham destroys it, the problem with that reason is that NOBODY USES PANCHAM. I still fucking love trubbish.

6 - Litleo

litleo.gif

SmogViability - C- , HildaViability - B

I can see a lot of Smogon's rationale with this Pokemon (FightSpam, Knock-Off, Priority > Litleo), but I don't think it adds up to it being UNRANKED. Litleo is essentially one of the more fun coverage Pokemon to use. With a moveset of Fire Blast, Hyper Voice, HP Grass, and Dark Pulse, you can run Specs and save yourself from that pesky Life Orb Damage, giving it early game use, or you can give it Will-O-Wisp and said Life Orb and allow it to cripple physical attackers on the switch -or- cause some pain. Dark Pulse makes Litleo a full-on check to Ghost types, which I feel the folks at Smogon don't notice. Dark-Horse right here.

Specs is bad :/

*ahem* i remember this was ranked at D for a while then more shit happened to the meta. it's still used a little.

5 - Chespin

chespin.gif

SmogViability - B-, HildaViability - S

There's nothing in the world you can say negative about Chespin. Period....but it does require a little bit of threat clearing before it can shine. - sometimes. The Ches-family ability 'Bulletproof' puts the Spiny-Nut Pokemon in an interesting seat of potential. Many a Little Cup team I've faced have had some oddly high reliance on clearing Grass type mons with Ball, Blast, Bomb moves - of which Chespin is immune to. In Little Cup, Sludge Bomb is much more likely to be used over Sludge Wave. Shadow Ball is also a no-go for opponents, meaning Chespin actually CHECKS Gastly. Give it a Bulk Up set and go to town, or get defensive and use it lay spikes and never die. Ever.

your reasoning is bad and you should feel bad. any decent player WILL use sludge wave on gastly for this thing. but yeah chespin is really overhyped imo

4 - Carvanha

carvanha.gif

SmogViability - A-, HildaViability - A+

This thing is a mini-me Sharpedo. Carvanha has ridiculous attack power, and you will also have the luxury of speed boost, which absolutely allows Carvanha to be a win-condition mon, later in the match. Speed is Power in this tier - and this fish is my favorite out in terms of Speed.

no comment

3 - Wooper

wooper.gif

SmogViability - C -as in -c-riminally underrated- Minus, HildaViability - A

Wooper is a lifesaver Pokemon. One of the most ANNOYING strategies in this game is the abundant Belly Drum centric teams. 'Unaware' puts a stop to those shenanigans, and allows Wooper to share some status conditions and possibly take out the normally jacked Belly Drummer. Set-up can be a huge deal in this tier.

.... Belly drum is the opposite of a common strategy in LC, it's scary AF w/o wooper, but

196+ Atk Zigzagoon Seed Bomb vs. 236 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Wooper: 16-20 (64 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
not exactly a perfect Belly drum check

2 - Snivy

snivy.gif

SmogViability - B+, HildaViability - S

Snivy is a mini-me Serperior in functionality, with less coverage but more opportunity to work in an environment that isn't so prepared at checking it. Because most LC mons are not as bulky as their parents per se, Snivy is more of a threat in general here, and Contrary being legal and kosher is the reason the Grass Snake makes all the big (poke)bucks. Fasten your seatbelt opponent. This -will- get ugly. (oh, and due to being a x4 bully to Wooper, this thing gets the nod for the higher spot.)

this would probably get banned if the speed tier were higher, i remember when this was D-rank on smogon, oh how far we'e gone

1 - Sandile

sandile.gif

SmogonViability - for some reason...not ranked...., HildaViability - S

Sandile is one of my favorites, sure - but let's be critical here. 72 base attack is -just- enough to not be the greatest a Scarf-mon Sandile "could" be. However, This things coverage and it's ability 'Moxie' give it that sort of secret agent feel. Yes, Sandile is a decent revenge killer - but what people -really- want to do with this Pokemon is find the path to victory by clicking the right move that the remainder of the opponents team won't be able to stand up to with a few Moxie boosts. Revenge Killer turned All-Star. Game Over. Proceed to win.

you're literally the only person i've ever seen who uses this, not sure how to comment tbh.

Arguements/reasons to agree or disagee in orange, sorry if i sounded like a dick

Edited by blasterman4