Gym Leader Help Thread

Jan

• Developers

So, this thread is pretty much going to be identical to the Reborn help thread. Same format, same method.

Fill out the information below, and other Rejuvenation players will do their best to help you overcome whichever leader you're having trouble with!

[[Leader you are facing]]
--Your current team--
[species] | [Level]
[Hold Item]
[Ability]
[Nature]
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

((Do this for each of your 6 current party members))

----
--Other Pokemon you have in your PC--
[species] | [Level]

----
Additional useful info such as money available, items you currently may have if they're relevant etc. (Optional)

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How2defeat Crawli and Marinette with a pokemon.

Marinette: Hariyama, bulk up power =rekt with mah bulky fat power.

Crawli: Vivillon with quiler dance and hurricane= super dance rekt.

I'll be here and help some bit.

I will do another plathrough if Jan did change with the pokemon.

• Veterans

How 2 Defeat any Leader

USE JUMPLUFF!

In all seriousness,for Keta using one of the psychic types in Amethyst Cave really helps,Natu evolves at level 25 and gains Air Slash upon evolving. It works as some good support for later in the game too since it gets wish rather early.

I keep getting my face straddled by Angie. I normally take out her lead with Toxicroak's Revenge in a hit, but after that, I either get beat against her Frosslass, her Aurorous and if I'm unlucky enough, her Mamoswine after Surf misses. I still have a Ground-type problem, but so far, I made it to where the Aurorus was almost killed and that's as far as I got.

Gym Leader:

Angie

Current Team:

[Toxicroak (Nana Osaki)] | [Level 50]
[Poison Barb]
[Poison Touch]
[Adamant]
- Revenge
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab
- Zen Headbutt

[Pangoro (IronFist)] | [Level 52]
[black Belt]
[scrappy]
[Hasty]
- Sky Uppercut
- Work Up
- Crunch
- Body Slam

[Mawile (Junpei)] | [Level 51]
[King's Rock]
[intimidate]
[Jolly]
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Crunch
- Rock Smash

[Greninja (Kurogane)] | [Level 51]
[stone Plate]
[Protean]
[Lax]
- Surf
- Smack Down
- Bounce
- Extrasensory

[Pyroar (Hauser)] | [Level 50]
[No Item]
[unnerve]
[Docile]
- Flamethrower
- Crunch
- Hyper Voice
- Headbutt

[sharpedo (Shelly)] | [Level 50]
[Dark Gem]
[speed Boost]
[bashful]
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Poison Fang
- Surf

Notable Pokemon in he PC:

[Emploeon (ElizabethIII] | [Level 50]
[Quick Claw]
[Defiant]
[brave]
- Metal Claw
- BubbleBeam
- Cut
- Aqua Het

[Ampharos (Vincent)] | [Level 50]
[Hard Stone]
[Plus]
[sassy]
- Discharge
- Power Gem
- Thunder Wave
- Cotton Guard

[Quagsire (Bill)] | [Level 46]
[None]
[Water Asorb]
[Lonely]
- Earthquake
- Surf
- Yawn
- Slam

[Delphox (Merlin)] | [Level 50]
[None]
[blaze]
[Careful]
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower
- Fire Spin
- Howl

Angie is hell. My Attacks keep missing a lot no matter if it still hails or not - I also don't see a chance to break the field. I managed to slow-kill the Aurorus with toxic (garbodor manages to use toxic spikes two times before he's killed of by those stupid earth quakes) - still, afterwards about every pokemon Angie has left (except for mamoswine and abomasnow which are - if I'm lucky - taken care of by Pangoro with Quick Claw (if his attacks don't miss at least)) OHKO everything i have left. Serperior obviously is of no use at all. My whole "strategy" seems to be based on utter luck... I'm frustrated... as to say: I'd love to help you - instead I can only suffer by your side :D

Edited by Schabiri

Toxicroak isn't the best pokemon to use against angie since it can be easliy knocked by mamoswine.

Try Hariyama. It have some decent moves and is reallly good to use. Knock off, fake out, close combat, before the level of angie.

You can catch one in sheridan village.

Try train ampharos to level 54 for paralyze the froslass. So use Pangoro/Greninja/Mawile for finished it.

If you want the ice field to be gone, you need pokemon with flame burst use get rid of it.

Chandelure have the move and it's fast enough. If you have exp share, you can train to the red trainer in the boat the terijumika shore.

He will give you some good ev speed.

Keep the greninja with you. Train that one to level 54 and it's pretty fast with good surf and smack down.

Maybe keep the pyroar.

Take with empoleon, it's really good with resistance against ice moves.

Replace rock smash for sucker punch for mawile.

For me this team you should have.

• Ampharaos
  • Greninja
  • Pangoro(maybe)/mawile(for intimidate and sucker punch)
  • Empoleon
  • Hariyama
  • Pyroar/Candelure(if you want to train to grind up for flame burst and use the dusk stone)

ShingSt pretty much said a good portion of what you need to do, but these are just my two cents. From experience Ampharos cant para Froslass, it just gets ohkoed by Cold Truth. You should have a received a Tyrouge from Sheridan Village, I know you have a lot of fighting types, but in addition to Hariyama, a Hitmonlee will do wonders in this fight. My Hitmonchan literally CC'd her whole team bar froslass and Mamoswine. So you may want to consider training Tyrouge as well. As for the Froslass, destroy it with your dark types Greninja/Sharpedo, you can use Pyroar, but a fire move wont do too much damage, I'd see keep it as back up if the other 2 cant get the job done. Mamoswine is pretty strong, so how you deal with it all depends on your strategy for this fight (meaning what 6 pokes you plan to use)

Angie is hell. My Attacks keep missing a lot no matter if it still hails or not - I also don't see a chance to break the field. I managed to slow-kill the Aurorus with toxic (garbodor manages to use toxic spikes two times before he's killed of by those stupid earth quakes) - still, afterwards about every pokemon Angie has left (except for mamoswine and abomasnow which are - if I'm lucky - taken care of by Pangoro with Quick Claw (if his attacks don't miss at least)) OHKO everything i have left. Serperior obviously is of no use at all. My whole "strategy" seems to be based on utter luck... I'm frustrated... as to say: I'd love to help you - instead I can only suffer by your side :D

List your team

Gym: Angie

[Greninja] | [53]
[None]
[Protean]
[Modest]
- Surf
- Water Pulse
- Substitute
- Extracensory

[Pangoro] | [53]
[Quick Claw]
[scrappy]
[Adamant]
- Parting Shot
- Bulk Up
- Sky Uppercut
- Crunch

[Crobat] | [52]
[None]
[infiltrator]
[Adamant]
- Acrobatics
- Confuse Ray
- Poison Fang
- Haze

[Ampharos] | [53]
[None]
[static]
[Modest]
- Thunder Wave
- Confuse Ray
- Signal Beam
- Discharge

[Delphox] | [53]
[None]
[Magician]
[Modest]
- Will-o-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Psyshock

[serperior] | [53]
[Rose Incense]
[Contrary]
[Timid]
- Leaf Blade
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Wring Out

In the Box:

[Jumpluff] | [51]
[None]
[Chlorophyll]
[Adamant]
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics

- U-Turn

[Garbodor] | [55]
[None]
[Weak Armor]
[Naive]
- Toxic
- Toxic Spikes
- Acid Spray
- Gunk Shot

I've got a pretty bad Ice-Weakness as I learned painfully. Tried to wait for the Toxic Spikes to do some help with the killing, but most of the time Angie's Pokes just OHKO me. I get past the Mamoswine and the Abomasnow with Pangoro. Crobat is good to Confuse her Pokes but gets - obviously - OHKOed whenever he takes a hit. Serperior is fast to Leech Seed two of her Pokemon because he's able to take one Ice Shard.Greninja also manages to hit her (quite hard as well). I'm thinking about getting something with Flame Burst to break the field and give some more strength to greninja or breaking it with earthquake if possible at all.

Other than that I'm seriously frustrated.

Alright, same advice as my other post, go train tyrouge evolve into a hitmonlee and CC her whole team lol, a Houndoom would also help, takes care of Froslass easy. But I see you put a lot of effort to train these pokemon just judging off of their natures, so not sure how you feel about training another pokemon. Drop Garbodor, it wont help you out this battle. Another option is to teach greninja rain dance (If you got it), it gets rid of the hail and boost your water moves, also you can teach the TM Smackdown to Greninja, it can be found in the cave on Wispy Path, you will need rock climb though. I cant see delphox doing much either becuase of the feild effects. Tbh you will probably need to reconstruct your team a little bit. Pangoro is just not fast enough and Quick claw isnt reliable. IDK why nobody thought catching a Klang in the Shadow HQ was a good idea lol Klingklang woulda helped you a lot too, oh well to late for that now. You can also get Magnemite from completing all of the help request in Kakori VIllage.

Major Changes: New fighting type (Hitmonlee or Hariyama)

Taking on Valerie:

Liger the Ampharos (43)

No hold Item

Static

Careful

Thunder Punch

Discharge

Thunder Wave

Power Gem

Jiraya the Greninja (45)

No Hold Item

Protean

Sassy

Bounce

X-Scissor

Water Shuriken

Water Pulse

Sailor V the Roselia (43)

No hold item

Poison Point

Hasty

Giga Drain

Petal Blizard

Toxic

Grass Whistle

IronFist the Pangoro (43)

Black Belt

Scrappy

Relaxed

Crunch

Bulk Up

Karate Chop

Slash

Toxic Fist the Toxicroak (44)

No item

Poison Touch

Adamant

Zen Headbutt

Sucker Punch

Rock Smash

Bulk Up

Kiryu the Charizard (44)

No Item

Solar Power

Bashful

Flame Burst

Dragon Rage

Wing Attack

Cut

Boxed Mons of note:

Conservative the Fenakin (5), Golden Ray the Sunflora (37), Balla the Voltorb (23), Nuzlocke the Nuzleaf (15)(#originalname), Shadow Sewdaddle (12), Dizzy the Pichu (33, no damaging attacks),

Items of Note:

One of each elemental stone, Poison Barb, Soothe Bell, Spell Tag, 2 Hard Stones, 3 Oval Stones, Light Clay, Heat Rock, Smooth Rock, Earth Plate, Grass Gem, 59 Reverse Candies, 1 Ability Capsule.

You would think that grass and electric would do well against a water gym leader....

Alright, same advice as my other post, go train tyrouge evolve into a hitmonlee and CC her whole team lol, a Houndoom would also help, takes care of Froslass easy. But I see you put a lot of effort to train these pokemon just judging off of their natures, so not sure how you feel about training another pokemon. Drop Garbodor, it wont help you out this battle. Another option is to teach greninja rain dance (If you got it), it gets rid of the hail and boost your water moves, also you can teach the TM Smackdown to Greninja, it can be found in the cave on Wispy Path, you will need rock climb though. I cant see delphox doing much either becuase of the feild effects. Tbh you will probably need to reconstruct your team a little bit. Pangoro is just not fast enough and Quick claw isnt reliable. IDK why nobody thought catching a Klang in the Shadow HQ was a good idea lol Klingklang woulda helped you a lot too, oh well to late for that now. You can also get Magnemite from completing all of the help request in Kakori VIllage.

Major Changes: New fighting type (Hitmonlee or Hariyama)

ty. I guess, I'll try it with Hitmonlee tomorrow. Also I actually did catch a Klang (cause it's been quite helpful in reborn and I figured it might be in rejuvenation as well) just didn't bother to mention it - so if the hitmonlee-thing doesn't work out I'll include it as well. Also got the Magnemite from the helpquests... so there might be some options...

Can I use rock-climb before beating Angie? I thought that wasn't possible.

Edited by Schabiri

I guess so, judging from the other person that had a problem with angie, they listed a Greninja set with smack down, so I would assume that rock climb can be used before

Edited by SexyMilotic

ty. I guess, I'll try it with Hitmonlee tomorrow. Also I actually did catch a Klang (cause it's been quite helpful in reborn and I figured it might be in rejuvenation as well) just didn't bother to mention it - so if the hitmonlee-thing doesn't work out I'll include it as well. Also got the Magnemite from the helpquests... so there might be some options...

Rock climb isn't possible before Angie. It's after Angie so can you use rock climb.

Taking on Valerie:

Liger the Ampharos (43)

No hold Item

Static

Careful

Thunder Punch

Discharge

Thunder Wave

Power Gem

Jiraya the Greninja (45)

No Hold Item

Protean

Sassy

Bounce

X-Scissor

Water Shuriken

Water Pulse

Sailor V the Roselia (43)

No hold item

Poison Point

Hasty

Giga Drain

Petal Blizard

Toxic

Grass Whistle

IronFist the Pangoro (43)

Black Belt

Scrappy

Relaxed

Crunch

Bulk Up

Karate Chop

Slash

Toxic Fist the Toxicroak (44)

No item

Poison Touch

Adamant

Zen Headbutt

Sucker Punch

Rock Smash

Bulk Up

Kiryu the Charizard (44)

No Item

Solar Power

Bashful

Flame Burst

Dragon Rage

Wing Attack

Cut

Boxed Mons of note:

Conservative the Fenakin (5), Golden Ray the Sunflora (37), Balla the Voltorb (23), Nuzlocke the Nuzleaf (15)(#originalname), Shadow Sewdaddle (12), Dizzy the Pichu (33, no damaging attacks),

Items of Note:

One of each elemental stone, Poison Barb, Soothe Bell, Spell Tag, 2 Hard Stones, 3 Oval Stones, Light Clay, Heat Rock, Smooth Rock, Earth Plate, Grass Gem, 59 Reverse Candies, 1 Ability Capsule.

You would think that grass and electric would do well against a water gym leader....

Get a quagsire for lanturn and the nuzlocke name tho. Laturn seems to sweep half of your team(Charizard, Greninja, Roselia). Grass moves doesn't work that much to lanturn cuz of the berry lanturn holds.

You can catch one at goldenwood forest/route 3 with good rod. Either wooper or quagsire. Reason is because it can learn earthquake at level 36.

Purify the sewaddle and train that up. Reason: Pretty fast and good base attack, have leaf blade at level 36, but the high friendship for leavanny is gonna take some time...

[[Marionette]]
--Your current team--
[Arbok] | [34]
[Poison Bar]
[intimidate]
[bold]
- Stockpile
- Spit up
- Swallow
- Acid Spray
[Wobat] | [35]
[TwistedSpoon]
[unware]
[Lonely]
- Air Cutter
- Heart Stamp
- Air Slash
- Assurance
[Toxicroak] | [34l]
[]
[Poison Touch]
[Adamant]
- Zen Headbutt
- Feint Attack
- Revenge
- Swagger
[Litleo] | [33]
[]
[Rivalry]
[Relaxed]
- Echoed Voice
- Take Down
- Headbutt
- Fire Fang
[ironFist] | [34]
[]
[scrappy]
[Mild]
- Arm Thrust
- Slash
- Vital Throw
- Body Slam
[Combusken] | [34]
[black Belt]
[speed Boost]
[Adamant]
- Bulk Up
- Double Kick
- Flame Charge
- Quick Attack

NEVERMIND, 3 BULK UPS WILL DO IT....
Edited by Red_Chaos

Toxicroak isn't the best pokemon to use against angie since it can be easliy knocked by mamoswine.

Try Hariyama. It have some decent moves and is reallly good to use. Knock off, fake out, close combat, before the level of angie.

You can catch one in sheridan village.

Try train ampharos to level 54 for paralyze the froslass. So use Pangoro/Greninja/Mawile for finished it.

If you want the ice field to be gone, you need pokemon with flame burst use get rid of it.

Chandelure have the move and it's fast enough. If you have exp share, you can train to the red trainer in the boat the terijumika shore.

He will give you some good ev speed.

Keep the greninja with you. Train that one to level 54 and it's pretty fast with good surf and smack down.

Maybe keep the pyroar.

Take with empoleon, it's really good with resistance against ice moves.

Replace rock smash for sucker punch for mawile.

For me this team you should have.

• Ampharaos
  • Greninja
  • Pangoro(maybe)/mawile(for intimidate and sucker punch)
  • Empoleon
  • Hariyama
  • Pyroar/Candelure(if you want to train to grind up for flame burst and use the dusk stone)

Thanks! I'll go with that formation, but who should be the lead? I tried the other idea of Training a Hitmonlee only to find out that Jan moved the Move Relearner. He won't get Close Combat until a Loafing Level and Sky Uppercut is a gamble. I'll use Hariyama instead and keep Mawile and Pyroar.

Thanks! I'll go with that formation, but who should be the lead? I tried the other idea of Training a Hitmonlee only to find out that Jan moved the Move Relearner. He won't get Close Combat until a Loafing Level and Sky Uppercut is a gamble. I'll use Hariyama instead and keep Mawile and Pyroar.

Hitmonlee learns CC at 57, grind up to 57 then just use reverse candies lol

The pokemon so comes always first on match, the grass/ice pokemon i think, use fire pokemon. But since fire pokemon get weakned, use hariyama.

You can just download version 4.4 and do the move relearner there btw.

Thanks you guys! Finally beat Angie, Hitmonlee was awesome (Eventhough Close Combat missed Glaceon a total of three times and I needed to use a Revive and Ether :D). Rock-Climb and Last-Help-Center-Time!

I'm willing to go out of my way to change my team

anyone willing to tell me how to REK angie

also anyone tell me if EXP share is in the game\

or eviolite

or prism scale

anyone plz

is there a ralts anywhere also

(want a gallade)

Edited by The Anti-Fern

Ok so i'v been just BLASTING my way through rejuvenation (May the plot armor ever be in your favor <3 Melia <3)

ANYWAY

just got to .... kristaline? whatever POINT IS

F*CK THAT BLUE HAIRED B*TCH AND HER F*CKING ICE TYPES

My Pokemon are a *Slight* bit underleveled but if grinding is all i need i have to wait for friday

Here is my team

Hitmonlee (Hard as hell to get) Lvl 49 Brave Nature (not adament but oh well) High jump kick, bulk up, fake out, blaze kick (holding kings rock)

Toxicroak (Hardest Hitter) lvl 50 Adament <3 Zen Headbut, Sucker Punch, Poison Jab <3, Bulk up

(holding twisted spoon for zen headbut)

Leavanny (Fastest) lvl 48 Adament <3 Leaf Blade(rip gym 5) X Scissor(rip dark types) Will o wisp (i love shadow pokemon) and cut (waiting to find move deleter and for tutor to come back) (leaf gem)

Cofagrigus (Bulkiest?)(has some neutral nature) lvl 47 Hex, will o wisp (i dont like phys attacks), Shadow ball, Curse(for when i will die) (shadow tag for SB)

Swampert ( waiting for EQ) lvl 48 (neutral nature) Rock climb(not a HM) Rock slide(fuck bugs) Surf(Still waiting for a prism scale :( mud bomb (quick claw)

Camerupt (some netral nature) lvl 47 Earth power, flamethrower, EQ, Curse(wating for lava plume (earth plate for EQ)

I Have no money (fucking repels) and i have the time to grind ... Help Plz

Well seems like you know what to do. Grind everyone to lv 55 (Use the Breeder on Terajuma Shore). Hitmonlee learns CC at 57 so when you get up there just use 2 reverse candies. The main problem I see you having though is against her Froslass. Sucker punch on Toxicoark will be crucial, but it wont be enough. I also have a feeling Camerupt will get ohko'd by her special move Cold Truth as well, so I'd suggest training up a Houndoom, or another Dark type.

Also how could you have rock slide on Swampert? That TM shouldnt be in the game yet.

Edited by SexyMilotic