Your favourite pokemon moves so rekt everyone.

Shing

Not 'Movie' just in the case if you read wrong. Move like Tackle, Splash, Flail etc. if you can't decide, say more than one.

Mine is pretty self explained in this spoiler.

giphy.gif

RIP Shuckle. Notbulkyenough

tumblr_mjfb4pjos91s7mfkho1_500.gif

Hue Hue

I'm not sorry

Not an AMA, you can't make me mate.

^^Alright, i did that shit.

Edited by ShingSt

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadow Ball. The name and the move's animation, from Gen III onwards, and especially the one in Stadium 2, cemented my love of this move. Although it was rather silly to have it lower Special Defense when it was still physical- I'm glad they fixed that.

Other favourites include, in no particular order: Dark Pulse, Ominous Wind, Heat Wave, Thunder, Calm Mind, Heal Bell, Will-o-Wisp, Aurora Beam, Return, Cosmic Power, Wish.

(Yes I'm well aware I have entirely too many favourites...)

My favorite move?

...Tail Glow. Nothing is more satisfying than +3 Sp. Atk all in one go. Of course, only two Pokemon can learn it, and only one is any good at all...

Unless it's Shell Smash! Attack, SpAttack and Speed 2 stages each! KABLAM!

EQ, ridiculous damage and works great in Double Battles or ICE BEAM, saving my arse so many times

EDIT : Also forgot about TWave and Nuzzle. Gotta love that paralysis

Edited by Reno

If we're talking about usefulness and stuff, i really can't say. Knock Off is one of the first that come to mind though.

If we're talking about animation appeal though... Seismic Toss.

since i can't find a gif

300px-Seismic_Toss.png

300px-Seismic_Toss_2.png

It's so... epic.

sorry bergmite :(

If we're talking about usefulness and stuff, i really can't say. Knock Off is one of the first that come to mind though.

If we're talking about animation appeal though... Seismic Toss.

since i can't find a gif

300px-Seismic_Toss.png

300px-Seismic_Toss_2.png

It's so... epic.

sorry bergmite :(

tumblr_ljtk1uvfrO1qdzgjfo1_400.giftumblr_n9uqrtgTMX1r8vza5o1_400.gif

Edited by ShingSt

Close Combat has to be my favorite. Even though after use it lowers your defense and special defense, but most of the pokemon that I have that use it are flimsy anyway. I've had a bit of a history sweeping teams with this move <3

Close_Combat_ani.png

Close Combat has to be my favorite. Even though after use it lowers your defense and special defense, but most of the pokemon that I have that use it are flimsy anyway. I've had a bit of a history sweeping teams with this move <3

Close_Combat_ani.png

1370205280306fmoh2.jpg

Close combat = Ora Ora Ora

Oh god metronome. I swear, everytime I have metronome, at some point, I'm gonna get lunar dance out of it. It killed my togepi in my nuzlocke, and screwed me over so much in metronome battles. Still hilarious to use, but like I said, I'll always eventually get lunar dance out of it ;_;

10. Shell Smash - A crazy stat boosting move that makes some of my favorite pokemon threatening....No, I'm not talking about Cloyster.

9. Doom Desire - I -used- to LOVE Jirachi, back when competitive wasn't really the "in-crowd" and all you did was spam signature moves and powerful attacks. Boosted Future Sight type thing? SWEET.

8. Leaf Storm - Serperior was a super fun starter Pokemon to use due to this ability. Sure, it lowers my stats (unless it's contrary then it's just even more of a great move) but it's really powerful and Grass is one of my favorite types.

7. Fissure/Guillotine/Sheer Cold/etc - OHKO moves are red lighted for good reason in competitive, and competitive battling kinda has slighted these for me, but fond memories of winning battles due to just LANDING the attack were had and are cherished.

6. Sword's Dance - SD Sweepers are some of my recent loves, particularly Physical Virizion and Leafeon, and this move is the not-so-secret to their destructive prowess.

5. "OUTRAGE TILL WE WIN" - Dookieshed....Outrage has seen -much- less use on my Physical dragons as of late due to being locked in and the confusion afterwards, but it's a force to be reckoned with if checks and counters are gone.

@Hilda (Hilda)

(4) Mach Punch - All about sealing the deal.

(3) Dragon Dance - Lend me your strength, fabled friends....

(2) Drain Punch - There's nothing more refreshing than putting someone on the floor.

(1) Leaf Blade

Leaf Blade has always had the coolest animation ever since I used it with Sceptile in Gen III. It's the STAB move of my favorite eeveelution, and so many Pokemon that I enjoy using carry it in their moveset. Grass is a heavily disrespected and weak type as far as resistances are concerned, which makes speed and/or attack power the bread and butter of the type in my eyes. My favorite grass type all time may go for moves like Wood Hammer and Seed Bomb, but if -I- were a Pokemon, I would be packing the blade.

I hope you're proud, Ame.

10. Shell Smash - A crazy stat boosting move that makes some of my favorite pokemon threatening....No, I'm not talking about Cloyster.

9. Doom Desire - I -used- to LOVE Jirachi, back when competitive wasn't really the "in-crowd" and all you did was spam signature moves and powerful attacks. Boosted Future Sight type thing? SWEET.

8. Leaf Storm - Serperior was a super fun starter Pokemon to use due to this ability. Sure, it lowers my stats (unless it's contrary then it's just even more of a great move) but it's really powerful and Grass is one of my favorite types.

7. Fissure/Guillotine/Sheer Cold/etc - OHKO moves are red lighted for good reason in competitive, and competitive battling kinda has slighted these for me, but fond memories of winning battles due to just LANDING the attack were had and are cherished.

6. Sword's Dance - SD Sweepers are some of my recent loves, particularly Physical Virizion and Leafeon, and this move is the not-so-secret to their destructive prowess.

5. "OUTRAGE TILL WE WIN" - Dookieshed....Outrage has seen -much- less use on my Physical dragons as of late due to being locked in and the confusion afterwards, but it's a force to be reckoned with if checks and counters are gone.

@Hilda (Hilda)

(4) Mach Punch - All about sealing the deal.

(3) Dragon Dance - Lend me your strength, fabled friends....

(2) Drain Punch - There's nothing more refreshing than putting someone on the floor.

(1) Leaf Blade

Leaf Blade has always had the coolest animation ever since I used it with Sceptile in Gen III. It's the STAB move of my favorite eeveelution, and so many Pokemon that I enjoy using carry it in their moveset. Grass is a heavily disrespected and weak type as far as resistances are concerned, which makes speed and/or attack power the bread and butter of the type in my eyes. My favorite grass type all time may go for moves like Wood Hammer and Seed Bomb, but if -I- were a Pokemon, I would be packing the blade.

I hope you're proud, Ame.

10. I love that move. Crustle moments. The feels.

9. Feel the doom power. But with power herb, word.

8. Rare that people's favourites is grass type. And leaf storn is pretty good.

7. I remember i won almost the a online battle, until the opponned use sheer cold and it hit and i lost in the end.

6. GG, sword dance is really good,

5. I use kind of lum berry in the end.

4. Infernape the mach punch + iron fist = Helped me most of Reborn battles.

3. Gyarados, 2 times dragon dance = Get rekt opponent.

2. Alright with that move.

1. That is my favourite grass type move, second is giga drain. Leaf blade had awesome animation and i used that move always on my sceptile in emerald..

---

Azery, blah, blah on blah, blah Tweny15 - sometime time day (april 5th)

Not enough Hyper Beam's nerds,Just spam Lazer Beam's till you win!

Protect biatch. Attack moves up + speed. And your team is dead.

U-turn and Volt Switch. Momentum teams in games are even more fun than on sim.

I see rarely these moves on online battles in x and y. They should be used a bit more.

(Edit) Damnit, Double posting again.

(Edit 2) Thanks Hilda.

Edited by ShingSt