Arkhi

Site/Server Suggestions, Maintenance, & Discussion

Question

424 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Cool Girl said:

Um, if I may make this suggestion....

I've seen many people on Showdown who can't speak English and because of a rule that says we can't speak other languages. I'm lucky that I could help in some way 'cause I'm multilingual but maybe it's time to reconsider the rule. I don't know. Just a thought.

I'm not a mod but I believe the reason the rule exists is so everyone can understand what's being said. If someone is speaking a language not everyone is familiar with, they may be discussing something against the rules (ex: sexual content or disrespect) and people wouldn't know if they are unless they speak the language being spoken. 

Umm.

How about a better search bar? Quite frankly, this one sucks.

Make the title on the status bar,"THIS IS A STATUS BAR"to make it obvious :)

The Search Bar literally says "Search" on it, so I'm uncertain how to improve on it, but I'll edit the OP.

The Search Bar literally says "Search" on it, so I'm uncertain how to improve on it, but I'll edit the OP.

I guess that Chubbs was talking about the fact that the search isn't as "precise" as it should be. I know not if there's a way to fix that, but if there is...

What else could convey the Search bar's purpose in the small amount of space there is except with the word "Search"?

One improvement I can think of would be, in addition to having the search bar there, linking users to the Search Form page below the Search Bar. The Search Form page can be found here:
http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search

Yeah. What Vinny said.
I'd search something up, like the exact title of a topic, and nothing would come up...
Oh. Thanks, Ark.

Edited by Chubb the Pig

[unpopular opinion] I personnally find some signatures too long and boring. One trainer card long should be enough. [/unpopular opinion]

[unpopular opinion] I personnally find some signatures too long and boring. One trainer card long should be enough. [/unpopular opinion]

There's one great fix and another potentially good one. You can press the X found in the upper right corner of anyone's signature to remove that particular signature or remove everyone's completely.

On the other hand, if you see signatures that are too long, report that user for having too long a signature. (5- No long signatures- the limit is two trainer card heights' not counting the card itself.)

I don't know if there's a specific reason but in the search bar you can't search something with 3 characters, for example I was searching for any speculation threads about Lin and I couldn't search for it because you can't search for something that is below 4 characters. This is only an example of this, since this has happened to me a lot of times when I'm searching for something, it's this intentional or what?

I'm uncertain that can be changed. I understand what you mean, since searching for people with three-letter names (or nicknames) is not possible.

Adding that to the OP.

Just coming here to re-iterate, any joke posts will result in a warning from me or one of the other mods.

Customize skin should also enable us to change the colour of the background or the column on the left. Perhaps it could go side-by-side with the colour that the lines get, just a lighter shade or something (eg: lines get dark green - column gets a ligher shade of green)

There's one great fix and another potentially good one. You can press the X found in the upper right corner of anyone's signature to remove that particular signature or remove everyone's completely.

On the other hand, if you see signatures that are too long, report that user for having too long a signature. (5- No long signatures- the limit is two trainer card heights' not counting the card itself.)

Many thanks.

We can add "Profile Picture Rater". I don't know if the site supports it, but we could have a, let's say, 5-star system, where people visiting our profiles can rate our avatars. Every time we change them, new ratings. We could have a history of profile pictures, like the one with names. Rating could stay on the previous pictures.

We can add "Profile Picture Rater". I don't know if the site supports it, but we could have a, let's say, 5-star system, where people visiting our profiles can rate our avatars.

Don't hold your breath. We until recently had such a 5-star system on users profiles (not specifically for their avatar) that was removed due to it just being ridiculous. It also is just the sort of thing that is... not beneficial in any sort of way? The only thing I can see coming out of that are hurt feelings.

Just coming here to re-iterate, any joke posts will result in a warning from me or one of the other mods.

Got it. That one will i try to remember.

Also can we have like spoiler button when we post something. Some people like me haven't the buttons on keyboard for making spoilers.

[] <--- These key buttons.

Before i set spoiler tags in my signature for doing this easier, i had to go my old topic's and copy and paste the spoiler thing. It's annoyed me a bit.

It would help many other people.

Edited by ShingSt

Got it. That one will i try to remember.

Also can we have like spoiler button when we post something. Some people like me haven't the buttons on keyboard for making spoilers.

[] <--- These key buttons.

Before i set spoiler tags in my signature for doing this easier, i had to go my old topic's and copy and paste the spoiler thing. It's annoyed me a bit.

It would help many other people.

I can't say whether or not it can be done, but If it can be, I'd get behind this.

I could see that being expanded to include scrolls, spoilers, and media brace (,[,{ buttons.

If possible, at the characters' page we should add descriptions about Samson, Ciel, Terra, Adrienn and Titania.

If possible, at the characters' page we should add descriptions about Samson, Ciel, Terra, Adrienn and Titania.

Arguably, this could remain unchanged, simply so that readers don't immediately learn about every character there is in Reborn. It's good to leave a lot to the imagination, so that's up to the higher-ups.

Added to the OP.

One thing I can think of is when using the site on a mobile device, we can't use the font formatting tools.. If something could be done with that.. I mean the buttons for strikeout underline italics bold and the sort, as well as emoticons and font colours.. Not sure if this is for everybody or just me though... Can someone else confirm this for me??

One thing I can think of is when using the site on a mobile device, we can't use the font formatting tools.. If something could be done with that.. I mean the buttons for strikeout underline italics bold and the sort, as well as emoticons and font colours.. Not sure if this is for everybody or just me though... Can someone else confirm this for me??

That is right; basically what you write is the BBCode.

I tried to learn it :D

You'd have to learn BBC or copy and paste the formatted text. A more mobile-friendly site has been suggested before, so that's definitely on the list once, if ever, we get an able programmer for the site.