Official Gym Leader Help Thread

Deleted User

Hey guys I'm having real trouble defeating charlotte, Ive been grinding non stop for ages now and still I get demolished before I can get a rainy day off.

Heres My team:

Dusknoir Lvl 70

confuse ray

will o wisp

hex

Future sight

Golem lvl 71

Earthquake

stealth rock

Magnitude

Stone Edge

Noivern Lvl 70

Boomburst

Hurricane

Shadow ball

Dragon pulse

Seismatoad Lvl 73

Aqua ring

Hydro pump

Surf

Drain Punch

Delphox lvl 69

Swagger

Psychic

Flamethrower

Fire blast

Sylveon lvl 71

Moon Blast

Rain Dance

Bite

Shadow Ball

Bronzong lvl 72

Rain dance

extra sensory

payback

heal block

Meowstick lvl 65

signal beam

Psychic

Shadow ball

future sight

Pangoro Lvl 69

Hammer arm

sky uppercut

crunch

parting shot

Magnazone lvl 69

Discharge

Flash cannon

gyro ball

electro ball

Pyroar lvl 65

overheat

flamethrower

hyper voice

crunch

Hey guys I'm having real trouble defeating charlotte, Ive been grinding non stop for ages now and still I get demolished before I can get a rainy day off.

Heres My team:

Dusknoir Lvl 70

confuse ray

will o wisp

hex

Future sight

Golem lvl 71

Earthquake

stealth rock

Magnitude

Stone Edge

Noivern Lvl 70

Boomburst

Hurricane

Shadow ball

Dragon pulse

Seismatoad Lvl 73

Aqua ring

Hydro pump

Surf

Drain Punch

Delphox lvl 69

Swagger

Psychic

Flamethrower

Fire blast

Sylveon lvl 71

Moon Blast

Rain Dance

Bite

Shadow Ball

Bronzong lvl 72

Rain dance

extra sensory

payback

heal block

Meowstick lvl 65

signal beam

Psychic

Shadow ball

future sight

Pangoro Lvl 69

Hammer arm

sky uppercut

crunch

parting shot

Magnazone lvl 69

Discharge

Flash cannon

gyro ball

electro ball

Pyroar lvl 65

overheat

flamethrower

hyper voice

crunch

new strat, teach dusknoir trick room, and outspeed with sylveon and set the sunny day up, that should help a lot

or you could catch a spheal(evolve it first) in the nearby ice cave thingy and use blizzard , put it as ur second poke coz they will 90% of the time attack ur 1st pokemon and u hope blizzard hits it takes away the field of play and makes things considerably easier

P.S i miss quick send (ctrl + Enter or ctrl + S )

@saltwater ( I think we should do this to reduce confusion)

I would say give rain dance to Delphox, it should be able to get that up. If your Seismatoad has swift swim, it has should have the potential to sweep with Surf.

Also, with the rain up Solarbeam won't knock out your Golem right away. And if it has sturdy it can bring a lot of Char's pokemon down with earthquake, although I think Volcarona should be able to take one and it doesn't affect Rotom. Stone edge will help with them.

Study the field effects. That Typlosion get so many boosts to Eruption it can definitely knock out a Bronzong with heatproof.

Certain fire moves turn the starting field into the Burning field, which non-fire types take type-scaling damage, so essentially like Stealth Rocks but effect you every turn. oml

AnimeFg, there are other ways to reiterate what you were trying to say before other than a useless quote bump. Perhaps expand upon the suggestion?

If you can get your hands on Flygon that may also help. It resists Solarbeam and Flamethrower pretty well and it gets ground and rock moves. Also works well with other EQ users. Earth Power may not be optimal, but it's up to you if you'd like to train to 55 as a trapinch first for Earthquake.

AnimeFg, there are other ways to reiterate what you were trying to say before other than a useless quote bump. Perhaps expand upon the suggestion?

If you can get your hands on Flygon that may also help. It resists Solarbeam and Flamethrower pretty well and it gets ground and rock moves. Also works well with other EQ users. Earth Power may not be optimal, but it's up to you if you'd like to train to 55 as a trapinch first for Earthquake.

i just edited it to say rain dance instead of sunny day, sorry

[[samson]]

--Your current team--

[Venomoth] | [63]

[none]

[Wonder Skin]

[impish]

- Poison Fang

- Bug Buzz

- Quiver Dance

- Psychic

[Fearow] | [64]

[Metronome]

[sniper]

[Lonely]

- Assurance

- Drill Peck

- Drill Run

- Aerial Ace

[Camerupt] | [60]

[none]

[Magma Armor]

[Adamant]

- Eruption

- Lava Plume

- Earth Power

- Earthquake

[Arcanine] | [64]

[Flame Plate]

[Justified]

[Naughty]

- Flamethrower

- Flare Blitz

- Crunch

- Outrage

[Cofagrigus] | [61]

[Quick Claw]

[Mummy]

[Timid]

- Destiny Bond

- Will-O-Wisp

- Ominous Wind

- Shadow Ball

[blaziken] | [64]

[shoal Shell]

[blaze]

[Relaxed]

- Brave Bird

- Sky Uppercut

- Double Kick

- Blaze Kick

----

--Other Pokemon you have in your PC--

Seaking 59

Mystic Water

Lightningrod

Lax

WaterFall

Water Pulse

Horn Drill

Horn Attack

Everybody else is below 47

I usually can only get in 1 quiver dance in before i die. So im thinking i just need to grind more.

Yeah grinding more sounds like a plan. Do you possibly have a Ability Capsule so you can change Blaziken's ability to Speed Boost? I would send Venomoth out against Conekeldurr. If Conkeldurr doesn't have a Dark Move, I'd use Cofagrigus out against him, but be weary there's a chance he could have guts so Burn at discretion.

Pokemon that maybe could stand to be swapped out are Fearow and Camerupt. Maybe train up Seaking in replace for Camerupt? Hawlucha or Rufflet might be good choices to add to your team. I'd lean Hawlucha since it resists fighting where as Braviary is neutral damage.

Samson's Conkeldurr definitely has guts. Outside of that, you might want to put sleep powder on your Venomoth. Honestly if you swap out poison fang for sleep powder then Venomoth can probably sweep his whole team.

Yeah grinding more sounds like a plan. Do you possibly have a Ability Capsule so you can change Blaziken's ability to Speed Boost?

Why was his ability not Speed Boost in the first place!? Blaziken with Hi Jump Kick from the move relearner on that field can OHKO every member of his team with ease.

@ The guy who said he can't access the game corner:

Yes you can. Just exit back through Agate circus. You automatically skip the sleeping city.