Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Deepsea Scale??

Xenonious

Question

15 answers to this question

I have found them yes. I got them off Basculin, which can be found at Tanzan Cove and Aventurine Cove with a Good Rod.

If you want to increase the chance of the DeepSea Scale appearing, have a Pokemon with Compound Eyes in the front (it can be fainted if you want to) and have a Pokemon with Frisk w/ Covet behind it.

Maybe the forms determine it, as there is the Red-Striped and Blue-Striped Basculin.

I remember in B/W that the Blue-Striped drop the DeepSea Scale while the Blue-Striped Basculin drop the DeepSea Tooth. If it isn't that, then Jeri is probably right about it being found in the overworld.

Yes you are able to. I have both (but surprisingly, way more deepsea scales). As mentioned above, red stripped give the tooth, blue stripped give the scale.

Best way to get the tooth is to use the good rod in the Tanzan cove, where Basculin are found at a 60% rate (much higher than fishing for Carvanhas).

For the scale, just search in the grass when you dive using the Compoundeyes and Frisk tactic. Chinchou, Lanturn, and Relicanth all drop it (and you may be able to find some Clamperls holding Big Pearls).

Edited by ITnKU