Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Good members early on?

SilverJakler

Question

12 answers to this question

In order to find an electrike, it needs to be raining heavily. It's located in the Peridot ward, but be careful. It comes at level 15. Unless Ame lowered its level in episode 13

Edit: Ninja'd. Dang it Sonic :I

Edited by jman390

Lightningrod Goldeen is very nice. Additionally, Electrike is found outside Julia's gym on a stormy night AFTER she has been defeated.

Um... no. Electrike can be encountered at any point during a night with a thunderstorm. You do not need to defeat Julia to obtain it.

Kricketot is in a house somewhere. That's one amazing earlygame Pokemon.

Kricketot is excellent early game. Lots of people complain about Cradily and it sweeping everything, but all I did to kill it was set up Fury Cutter on her first few Pokes and then OKO it with a neutral 120 base power attack.

I had to start over again has well but look what I got on my first egg hatch (was getting Ice Beam on him)

04c1f839ca.png

Just finish EV training. Horrible IV, but I like the shiny color on this guy, about to face the Ice gym...

Since I played EP13 from the very beginning, I'm going to leave you feedback on what I use:

Kricketot: Get him and don't evolve him until he learns Bug Bite. I ditch him right after I defeated 2nd Gym though

Espuur: she's good. Help me through many battles, I still have it on my team. I like the female better, either of them are good

Emolga: in my opinion better than Electrike and Hoothoot (although you get it after the 2nd Gym). This guy sweep Kiki for me, I leave it there.

Pansear: IMO better than Litleo, I underestimated this guy potential, I be honest but I pick him up since I needed a Fire-Type. He will sweep the 3rd Gym for days hands down, Flame Burst will destroy the field and deal damage for days. Yawn and Lick early on is a plus has well, and believe it not...the Blaze Ability save me multiple times. (realize you picked Torchic has a starter)

In all seriousness you aren't going to have much of a problem. Torchic itself is easy mode, Speed Boost is too good, moveset are ridiculous good and it's typing (Fire and Fighting) will wreck the first 3 Gym leaders. Later on, that Speed Boost will save you like every time...

You can get a numel really early if it's raining, before the first gym too I think. It's a pretty useful mon with good ground, fire, rock type moves, which will be insanely useful for the first several gyms. It's good late game too, I was able to essentially sweep the fire gym with a Camerupt wearing a focus band.

Also, if you want to go through the trouble of getting a bidoof with headbutt you can get a female combee in the tree in opal ward. Vespiquen has great defense, her three order moves are really good and she can learn a few good flying moves.

Beautiflies raised from wurmples can be good early game since they can have gust, bug bite, and mega drain by lvl 24. They aren't as useful later game but early game mine was a beast.

Lillipup is a pretty good team member early on (It starts out with Take Down, gets Crunch pretty early, the elemental bites are decent coverage, and Strength makes for a decent STAB attack) and as a Stoutland it holds up pretty well, but you may feel that it's falling off around 7th Street-Agate Circus. (You can get it right before the second gym, it just takes a few step which can be found on this site.) Intimidate is a great in game ability, so that's another bonus for it. (gotta make sure it gets vital spirit as a Lillipup, as it changes to Intimidate when it evolves)

Edited by Mighty Kamina