Lessons Anime has Taught You

VSharma

Hello all, VSharma here, personally growing up I learned many life lessons from different people and different experiences, however some of the most import life lessons I learned came from anime. Personally almost every anime I spent time watch had a deeper message that really got too me, anime itself has really helped me the through tough times and rough personal experiences. So this thread is for you to share what you think the deeper meaning of your favourite anime are, and what they mean to you personally. I will help start this thread off by explaining what my three favourite anime have done and meant for me.

3. Hunter x Hunter.
This was an anime that I had only got in recently, and that has recently ended. Although the manga goes on the 148 episodes are quite amazing. Personally Hunter X Hunter taught me that when we have a goal in mind, always keep working for that goal and never back down. It taught me that in order to succeed you must keep striving for your goals and the adventure to achieve your goals is just as important as the actual goal.

2. Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood
I could literally write a whole page about this particular anime, however there is one important thing that this anime teaches us. We will all go through losses, and we will all go through hard times, however if we can get past those we will become stronger people. We must overcome these hardships in order to come out as better individuals.

1. YuYu Hakusho.
This anime really hits home. It taught me personally that although things will get rough, and you may not succeed that is totally okay. Although you will not be successfull in everything, that is perfectly normal and the fact that you strived for it makes you a better person. Much like Hunter x Hunter (since they are written by the same person) It is all about goals. However YuYu Hakusho shows us that sometimes, our goals will be out of reach and things may happen that will prevent us from getting to our goals. And allthough in the end we may not achieve all our goal, the experince is what makes life worth living.

Those are my personal lessons from anime, feel free to share yours. :)

Lessons I've learned are too numerous to count; but here's a key few

1) Ef: A Tale of Memories/ Ef: A Tale of Melodies

This show. THIS SHOW. Extremely underrated imo, and gave me so many feels. Also struck really close to home. So often do we allow concerns and fear of inconveniences and hassles to guide our decisions. This show teaches us that we should throw away these concerns and just follow our heart. Even against insurmountable odds, the last thing we can ever do is to walk away from the option which will grant us happiness, however transient it may be. For when we forsake the pursuit of happiness, we abandon hope.

2) Sasameki Koto

Known by some as a hallmark shoujo ai anime, this show teaches us that sometimes, hesitation will only lead to complications. Overthinking a decision often makes the situation worse.

3) Spice and Wolf

This show is a pinnacle of the idea of "nothing ever goes my way". At every turn, with every profitable opportunity, Lawrence is confronted with failed speculations and unseen events which threaten his financial state. However, this show demonstrates the importance of persevering through the hardship, if not for yourself then for those you love, and it teaches us never to be defeated by temporary failures.

The list of things I have learned is impossible to pen down, but these would be the three anime from which I believe I have learned the most impactful lessons.

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni

This is one of my all-time favorite animes. It's a really mysterious anime and the entire first season might seem confusing or weird, but as soon as you get to the second season and they start explaining and revealing some of these mysteries, you will become so fucking obsessed with it (well, at least I did >_>). It is so unbelievably good, and (this happens mainly in the second season) it teaches you that hope should never be lost. Fate is changeable and you should never let despair overcome you.

One Piece:

The goal is the journey itself -> at one point they meet a old crewmember of the legendary pirate... the question if that legendary treasure exists is interupted with the explanation: "If I knew if it exists and where it is - I would stop being a pirate here and now! There would be no fun in adventuring anymore! I want to find out for myself!" (or something similar...)

Your friends are the greatest treasure -> Rule #1 of One Piece: "NEVER... NEVER piss Luffy off!! He will wreck you!" and how do you piss him off easily -> insult and/or hurt his friends/crew.

No matter what. Protect your friends, because they are with you the whole time and that legendary treasure might not even exist at all ;)

Anime has taught me mangakas can be pretty delusional at times.

Sometimes even when they aim for a more realistic and serious tone they end up not quite knowing what they're doing.

(Props to Attack on Titan tho.)

And then there are the authors that kind of start petting their favorite characters too much and they end up pretty mary sue-ish.

(Just see how that guy from naruto writes all the uchihas and tell me he isn't a little bit uchihasexual, there's also Aizen from bleach, Light Yagami, Kirito from SAO, Killua and Gon from HxH [not as much as the other ones but still there.] and i could go on.)

But i guess i'm being a little bit too harsh, no one can be utterly flawless when writing a fictional story.

Well, while i may dislike anime nowadays i guess it taught me the importance of being determined, goal-oriented and persistent; to have a dream and go after it, but most of all, it taught me that some people have a much harder time than it seems to even try to gather forces to stand up for what they believe in or simply to fight for what is "right" because of a number of different reasons, and that you can't call a person like that feeble because of that. You don't win anything with willpower alone.

Edited by Telos

• Administrators

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni

it teaches you that hope should never be lost. Fate is changeable and you should never let despair overcome you.

I'm sorry, that's not how you spell Dangan Ronpa.

Mirai Nikki taught me that if the boy you like doesn't love you back all you have to do is kill everyone he knows and then him.

• Support Squad

I'm sorry, that's not how you spell Dangan Ronpa.

Mirai Nikki taught me that if the boy you like doesn't love you back all you have to do is kill everyone he knows and then him.

And then you become a God and get a happy ending in the OVA

Does persona count?

Den social link side stories yo!

Almost every single one is a valuable life lesson, some of which catch you by surprise. There are a couple notable ones for me, but they are a bit on a "don't feel like sharing" personal level.

Other than that, the only other valuable life lessons for me came from Music, Movies, Books, and certain tv shows. Some honorable mentions from the top of my head:

tV: how I met your mother,Avatar.

Books: the alchemist, Harry Potter

Movies: fight club, lion king,

Anime taught me that people die if they are killed.

Thanks, fsn, I wouldn't have known if it weren't for you.

Also, anime taught me that our society sucks and humans are despicably rotten and barbaric creatures who always wear masks in order to fool others into thinking good about them, always finding excuses for the most disgusting acts (Shinsekai Yori)

• 10 months later...

From Death Note:

-Never believe yourself to be invincible or above the law. Do not underestimate your opponents, or everything you worked to build will come crashing down.

From Gate:

-If a portal opens to another world, never charge through with weapons and start killing people. Those people might have the technology to destroy your army in an hour or two.

• Support Squad

True

Female's are always either Violent or shy in Anime

random correction about something from ages ago that I would have corrected a long time ago

these are just common character archetypes. Dandere and Tsundere. There are other kinds of women...

Lessons Anime taught me...

How to make an interesting character and think of possible character development arcs for them as well as how to build a cohesive plotline :P. At least I hope I learned some of that.

Here is a personal favorite lesson that is often overlooked.

From ToAru:

Selfishness is not inherently wrong. If anything, it is an inherently human characteristic. The desire to chase after a selfish wish no matter how irrational it may be is part of what makes a person a human being.

Hmmm, i'm not much of an anime viewer. I've watched some, mostly cuz of my sister and some i don't even remember the names of but here we go.

First of all and before anything else i would like to state that the pokemon anime has taught me that Ash is the dumbest anime character ever created.

Now let's get cereal... errr, serious.

Deathnote : Be a good student, do your homework and who knows. Some day you may end up with a book you can read, write on and execute others, or just threaten em :D -nope-.

Bleach : Ehhh, deffinitely not a kid's show, really long of a series, hard to catch up if started late or watched random episodes, but is entertaining. What it taught me tho is the existance of biggest anime boo(m)bs ever in the history of anime (the blonde captain-leader i think).

Naruto : Wouldn't characterize it a kid's show either, although it's way "lighter" and "softer" than Bleach, but in my opinion more entertaining and interesting than Bleach. What it taught me is that if humanity was allowed my sister would like to be a blind healer named Hinata that marries Naruto and has many children... or something e.e

And the anime whose name i can't recall of has to do with a Doll that does everything like a human and has different animal spirits protecting her. That one taught me that if you do want to change genders, there's no need for science or plastic surgeries, unless you're a human. Oh and that female Fox-Cat humanshaped spirits are very sexy.

Not to trust people who hide their mouths with their hand when they laugh.

like in kids next door, adults are either incompetent or evil and a random group of teens are capable of saving the world through BS.

Going to an onsen (hot spring)?

tumblr_inline_mu7w38IYFl1qf1wgx.gif

High reaction speed is boss. (SAO, Accel World)

The japanese never age. They are stuck as loli's for life.